navwin » Discussion » The Alley » How to tell when Coulter lies....
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic How to tell when Coulter lies.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia

0 posted 2006-08-10 09:27 PM

Her lips are moving or she's writing a book...
http://mediamatters.org/items/200608070002

Be sure to read through the comments at the end -- it reads almost like a PIP thread..

Is this the current media environment I hear so many conservatives complaining about -- the proliferation of harpies and hate-mongers?

It also seems odd that a browse of the homepage at Media matters http://mediamatters.org/index  reveals that some people think the mainstream media is too right wing -- whoda thunk?

further reading http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13803982/ http://mediamatters.org/items/200607060010

© Copyright 2006 Local Rebel - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2006-08-19 12:45 PM

LOL, Hawk....what is that old saying, "the truth will out?"  

Heard a silly blurb on the news today asking if all rightwingers had thin lips....and whether thin lips equated to lying lips.  Of course, her name came up in the list of ultra-conservative republicans with thin lips.  Didya hear that one?....*wink*

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
2 posted 2006-08-19 04:29 PM

Can't say that I did...but, I wouldn't want to paint all conservatives (big C or little c) with one brush either.  

There are conservative / right winger analysits/commentators that have my respect and admiration.  George Will and Bill Buckley come to mind for instance.  

The left isn't void of Coulterish harpies either -- they just aren't very successful -- which indicates there just isn't much market for it on the left.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2006-08-19 08:41 PM

Of course, I agree with you, LR...in her case, tho'....I don't have much sympathy.
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
4 posted 2006-08-19 10:54 PM

LOL! No market, LR? Obviously you haven't heard of this woman..

the patriot Cindy Sheehan

...and maybe you were out of town when Michael Moore unleashed his little documentary of misinformation called Fahrenheit 9/11. No market?

I didn't see one liberal or Democrat have  any complaint with that, not even you, in spite of the fact that his misrepresentations were well-documented....but then, I didn't expect to. Your concern for truth in reporting loses a little lustre when it becomes obvious it's only one-sided....but, hey, you did get a jab in and that counts for something...I guess.

Iliana, if you are going to draw an inference that conservatives have thin lips like Ann Coulter, should we look at Michael Moore and assume that liberals sweat gravy? I've seen you make some intelligent entries in the Alley. That one came  up short

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
5 posted 2006-08-19 10:59 PM

Deer -- that was not my personal opinion; it was something I heard on the media yesterday....thought it fit with Ann.  I despise plagerism, btw.  

There are "thin-lipped" people on both sides of the fence.  All I said was that I have no sympathy for her.  *smiles*

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
6 posted 2006-08-20 12:36 PM

Mike,

Have you read Michael Moore, Cindy Sheehan, or, gasp, Ann Coulter?

Anybody up for a comparison of styles among all three?

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
7 posted 2006-08-20 12:49 PM

Well there's a difference Mike between 'much' and 'no'.....

But I just got my information from Rush and O'Rielly who are always telling me how great their radio shows are doing and that there is no market for liberals?

The e-mail that you got that picture from though is a great example of the hyperbole and vituperative that these harpies put out -- It's full of personal attack with no substantive debate.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2006-08-20 12:58 PM

Actually, Brad,I haven't, with the exception of the speeches by Sheehan that made newspapers and the analysis of Moore's work. I've never read Coulter.

Both sides are going to have their rebel-rousers and, actually, neither side's interests me.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
9 posted 2006-08-20 01:13 AM

Really, reb? Where was  the personal attack? It was just an actual photo. I do understand, of course, that no one would be better qualified to speak of personal attacks with no substantive debate than a Democrat, since that has been their modus operandi for 6 years.

There is certainly a liberal market but the fact is that no one has been able to satisfy it with any degree of professionalism or substance. The best they can  come up with is Al Frankel. Air America never got off the ground. They simply don;t have the right product to peddle. All they can do is sit back and criticize but when asked what they would do, they go blank.

Nice dodge on Michael Moore, btw

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
10 posted 2006-08-20 01:39 AM

did you throw something at me?? I didn't know I was dodging anything..

was there something you wanted a response to?

I didn't say the photo is a personal attack -- I said the e-mail it came from was..

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
11 posted 2006-08-20 06:51 AM

The e-mail it came from was not posted here, LR, so I don't see why that's an issue.

My apologies on the dodging comment. I had thought you may respond to my claim that you would go after an Ann Coulter and give someone like Michael Moore, king of the misrepresentation,  a free pass, but there is no obligation for anyone here to respond to whatever they don't wish to and i shouldn't have expected it. Mea culpa..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » How to tell when Coulter lies....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary