navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Kicking and Screaming
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Kicking and Screaming Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
West Texas, United States

0 posted 2005-11-18 01:25 AM

Before I lay on the floor and start to kick and scream like my 2 year old son I'm going to say this once and for all. To all those married men out there at want a younger girlfriend, I'm NOT it. And sence when has it become so hard to understand that when a girl tells you she doesn't want to date that she means she REALLY doesn't want to date? Am I the only one out there suffering from this problem?

Cory

Know yourself before you try to know someone else.

© Copyright 2005 Cory - All Rights Reserved
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
1 posted 2005-11-18 08:26 AM

Are you under the impression that this is either a new thing or a you thing?

lol

Try going to a club....those guys will grab you by the arm and try to force you to the dance floor...

I am not there to dance...I am there to laugh at everyone else dancing..

(don't you people look at me with accusation in your eyes..you know you do it too!!)

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
2 posted 2005-11-18 08:46 AM

No I know it's nothing new but it's still irritating as all get out. I go to the club to make fun of other people dancing too. lol that's why I don't dance.

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
3 posted 2005-11-18 09:27 AM

Instead of going to a club, maybe you should carry a club...at least until "they" no longer bother you.

*grin*

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2005-11-18 10:37 AM

perhaps you can look at it from a different perspective and learn to appreciate it rather than complain about it. if you're going to clubs and this is happening, then stop going to clubs. that's a good portion of the reason for the existence of that type of establisment. other than that, i'd say cope with it. there are far worse fates in the world than being desirable. would you truly feel better if no was was ever interested in you?
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2005-11-18 11:47 AM

I have to agree with Christopher here I am afraid but darn his head swells when that happens   but, being older now, and once in your shoes, I too got annoyed back then.  Things change over time, you will see.  Just you wait until you get older and a person says, "Ma'am would you like my seat?"  Brother, that makes me want to kick and scream, but I know the time will come all too soon, I will be glad for their seat.  Trust me, you will wish that you were back in that nightclub being admired instead.  As you get older you realize it is easier to take any attention as a compliment, and do it graciously too.  When they "bother" you, maybe try telling them that you are are not interested, with a smile, then thank them.  Try that, it works way better for both of you.  Hey, and let us know how you do next time okay?
fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
6 posted 2005-11-18 10:16 PM

lol Sadly, this guy isn't from one of the club, which I rarely go to anyway. He is in one of my college classes with me. I have done everything except stand on a roof and scream that I'm not interested. But, you're right to say that there are worse things that could happen to me than a married man wanting me as a girlfriend. Still it's darned irritating. lol

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
7 posted 2005-11-18 11:48 PM

Next time you are in class together, go up to the blackboard and write in BIG letters..

To ____,

I'm NOT interested!!!!

Sincerely,

fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
8 posted 2005-11-19 08:38 AM

lol now that is one idea that hadn't crossed my mind. I love it! ha ha ha. That just might work.

God Bless,
Cory

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2005-11-19 08:42 AM

Go to his house and tell him your not interested in front of his wife!!
fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
10 posted 2005-11-19 08:49 AM

Living in a town of less than 500 people his wife already knows. We;ve talked several times about this subject. Luckly, she isn't mad at me. She's known me for years and know that I'm not interested in her husband. I am going to try the blackboard thing. lol Never would have crossed my mind to try that.

God Bless,
Cory

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
11 posted 2005-11-19 09:16 PM

I've gotta say, this thread made me laugh, remembering something similar. No, I didn't write anything on any blackboard, but I invited his wife to lunch one day it was a real "eye-opener" for him that night.
Good luck. He just might not be able to help himself...and you are lucky if his wife already knows and doesn't take it out on you.

fmlbarebackrider2001
since 2005-11-16
Posts 138
12 posted 2005-11-19 09:35 PM

Probably the sadest part to all of this is that his wife and me are friends. We have sat down several times to talk about this problem. We have both come to the conclusion that he needs to see someone. Professional help I mean. He has agreed with both of us to go see the doctor. While I am avoiding him the best I can I am working with his wife. She isn't mad at me in the least bit.

God Bless,
Cory

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Kicking and Screaming

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary