navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Andrewsullivan.com
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Andrewsullivan.com Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea

0 posted 2005-09-09 09:54 AM

http://www.andrewsullivan.com/

This is just an amazing blog. It's got enough to upset just about everybody, left, right, or whatever.

It covers Katrina and has more links than anything I've read.

So far.

If you have the time, please take a look at it. I'll start getting into this stuff tomorrow.

Ali, if you want to close this, that's fine. I just wanted to present this as a great resource for what's happening.

Thanks.

© Copyright 2005 Brad - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2005-09-09 01:10 PM

Andrew Sullivan truly is a remarkable cultural blog icon. He's that sort of person who isn't afraid to cross party lines and refuse to be a robot for either ideology.

I really respect him for his provocative wit, down to earth personality, and all he's done in advocating gay rights, which I understand his book "Virtually Normal: An Argument About Homosexuality" was the first ever publication to argue for civil marriage and has truly helped build the gay rights movement.

We truly need more voices like him in this generation with his sort of personality.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
2 posted 2005-09-09 02:29 PM

No worries, Brad.  I'll leave this thread as-is for the moment, since there could be some serious discussion about the blog's material.
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2005-09-09 03:49 PM

lol, newt 'getting it'? that was classic! worth the read just for that one
Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
4 posted 2005-09-09 06:32 PM

Yeah, I always enjoy him...

but, I didn't enjoy this...
http://www.wafb.com/Global/SearchResults.asp?qu=charmaine+neville&x=14&y=13

I've been there before too, saw her sing... this is a must tell story -- everybody needs to see this.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Andrewsullivan.com

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary