navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I'm all alone here...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm all alone here... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough

0 posted 2005-05-31 03:39 AM

Well, I just clicked on the LOGIN button, and I am the only one logged in (no thanks nessesary Ron, I'm holding the fort down lol) Really, I am a compulsive insomniac that can't sleep until way after 4 and then I'm up at 8 starting over again.  At this rate, I think I have lost enough sleep to shorten my life.  Is that possible?  

Anyway, I think that my main hang-up and the whole not being able to sleep thing is that I have so much on my mind that I have to just about pass out from sleep deprivation in order for the wheels up there to stop spinning.  And then?  Hell, I dream about what was keeping me awake in the first place.  I think that in my former life (if such things are possible) I was one of them lazy no-good couch potatos that never done anything but sleep my life away, and so now as a last laugh and punishment I have been sentenced with a life of constant worry, and more up time than down.  

If I were a car motor - I would be in the junkyard already.  I have put more miles on these old treads than I care dare to try and count.

My teenager is driving me crazy and I swear one of us aint gonna make it outta this in one peice.  I know I was never this bad, cause I had military dad and he would have killed me.  I think my son hates me, which I have told him that hate will build character, and he mumbled something and I wanted to knock his head off.  Why in the hell dont teenagers just SAY IT instead of mumble it.  I think that mumbling smart mouth is gonna make me lose it one day lol

My 12 year old is trying to be JUST like his brother.  Which I dont even need to elaborate on (just read above)

My 9 year old daughter has recently become allergic to the sound of my voice, and therefore does nothing that I tell her to do until I spank her rear-end (dont even mention time out) my kids love time out, its a break for them to sit on there butt for a few minutes and not be asked to do anything.

The only person that is not driving me insane is my baby girl.  Yet, she has this funny look in her eyes sometimes like "Hmmm, I'm gonna be just like them when I grow up."

And my hubby?

Well, he says that this is all normal and that I shouldnt lose any sleep over it....

And yet... here I am at 4 in the morning telling all my problems to an empty server that will soon be packed with cyber friends.

Some drink alone... I surf alone lol

And... today is only Monday.  Pray tell what the rest of the week holds.

Yall have a good one, and I'll be back around 8am

Tima

I may hate myself in the morning - but I'm gonna love you tonight
-Lee Ann Womack

© Copyright 2005 Tima Chavis Cooke - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2005-05-31 04:25 AM

I've been awake since 1978, and I can blame it on the Peruvians or the color pink.

*waka*waka*barf*

But nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

actually I sleep quite well at noon.

so chalk me up as nocturnal, and somebody save me a Bloody Bull and a cuban sandwich.

those were the days

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2005-05-31 06:03 AM

Those damned Peruvians will do it every time! Well, I've always thought that when you're asleep you might be missing something so I try to stay awake and I've found what I'm missing - sleep! Somehow though it's comforting to be awake in the whee hours of the AM when the majority of the country is unconscious...sorta makes me feel like the world is a little less-crowded and I won't bump into so many people when I move around. Cleaner air to breathe, too. Also, if aliens were to land an invasionary force I would be a lookout and warn the world we were in danger....quite an awesome responsibility! But the main advantage? The wonderful quiet, except when the wind currents blow Serenity's voice down this way but, even then, it's lost some of its potency by the time it gets here. Excuse me now...I need to get back to awake...
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2005-05-31 08:31 AM

...GOOD MORNING WORLD...

Rise and shine

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2005-05-31 10:37 AM

And just think, Tina...

it's just the BEGINNING of summer!

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
5 posted 2005-05-31 11:46 AM

One thing to remember about hellions.  It generally takes two to make em.  Generally.  Just don't ask rabid women libbers about the specifics.

So you might've skipped the Mother's Curse, but you might've also picked up your hubby's...

In case you're wondering, the Mother's Curse goes like this:  One day I hope that you have kids, and that they turn out JUST LIKE YOU!  Very very rarely is that meant to be a compliment.

By the by, I got that Curse many times, and I still have a military dad.  I was just one of them there turdlings: stubborn, independant, and tactless.

Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
6 posted 2005-05-31 05:21 PM

"turdlings".......?
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
7 posted 2005-05-31 10:43 PM

lil turds
timothysangel1973
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2001-12-03
Posts 1725
Never close enough
8 posted 2005-06-01 01:09 AM

I understood ya Alicat lol - I was probably one of those too, and I have discussed your theory with my husband and have come to conclusion that they get there terrible acting genes from him lol

Made me feel better anyway

Today was somewhat better, considering that the oldest is grounded, so hes walking on thin ice with us - he was pretty tame today beleive it or not, with the exception of a few minor verbal infractions hehe

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2005-06-01 05:55 AM

Hope today goes better for you, Tina!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I'm all alone here...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary