navwin » Discussion » The Alley » irony
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic irony Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space

0 posted 2005-03-10 09:21 PM

"i really think their foreign policy goal is to spread irony throughout the world"
~jon stewart

that was jon stewart's take on white house press secretary scott mcclellan's call for democratic elections in syria without the interference of a foreign power, as georgey demands syria pack it in from lebanon

the real irony of course, is an admin questioning the legitamacy of democratic results in a nation occupied by a foreign military, having just overseen the democratic elections of a nation its military occupies.

oh the irony is killing me..actually..them..and syrians next.if not by attack, then by brilliantly executed 'civil war' nudge nudge wink wink

RIP ~ Nicola Calipari

up yours george w. bush

© Copyright 2005 raphael giuffrida - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2005-03-10 11:06 PM

Kinda funny, especially since Saddam was democratically elected, getting 100% of the votes.  Kinda easy when all other parties were nonexistant with the definite reality of death and torture if one did not vote for Saddam.  It was soldiers after all who came to the door with the ballots, knowing full well who supported Saddam on paper and who dissented.  Few weeks later, there were a lot less dissenters.  It is ironic, isn't it?
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
2 posted 2005-03-10 11:18 PM

yup, it is kinda funny considering who funded, supported and armed saddam's regime throughout the 80's
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2005-03-11 08:35 AM

All I can do is shake my head...it's like fighting the American indian all over again, ...does history ever wake people up?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » irony

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary