navwin » Discussion » The Alley » JUJU'S RANT "Human"
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic JUJU'S RANT "Human" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2005-01-23 01:45 AM

It is not healthy the anger, that dwells deep in side somepoeple. They search for some one to blame and spit there venom.  Like a diseas, I swear it is contagious, and sometimes I fear for human kind.  The Basic Idea of Love is being thrown in yesterday's trash and any one who is abstract from the picture painted must be erased. A country once protected religous freedom, now rejects it.  A country built on poeple rule now have judges who can change or elimanate any rule they feal fit - with out bounds - undo what we the people want.  Poeple must earn there dignity, before they earn there rights as a human being. The words from one found father went "If man were angels, government would not be needed"

So As I close I ask and plea that poeple give poeple the right to be human.  Kindness and love is the only way to solve problems.  It is unfortunite that wars happen. But if we take away or prevent someones right to be a human being, then we are trash. Because I know, some poeple are not living life as human beings.  Whether it be poverty, disaster, tyranism, or society norms, The price of freedom, could not compare to the price of living a life, where your worth as human is compramised.

Love Juju  

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

© Copyright 2005 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2005-01-23 04:01 AM

what's your definition of "human"

i'd wager there are many out there.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2005-01-23 11:24 AM

Depends in the context I use it in. In this one I mean simply the right live with dignity, freedom,love, with a good quality of living, and actual liberty.  Please keap in mind this is my "Rant" and often they have one theme and cover many subjects.

Juju  

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2005-01-23 08:51 PM

quote:
They search for some one to blame and spit there venom.

They? In blaming others, aren't you doing the same as "they?"

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
4 posted 2005-01-23 08:55 PM

Come on Ron;
fish in a barrel

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
5 posted 2005-01-23 09:52 PM

Hello Ron,

This is one of my rants.  Often they have  one theme covering complaining about several things. If you read the sentense  before and after, you will see that I am saying that it is affecting me negatively. I write between words and often in my poetry have parallel meanings. In this rant I actually has no parallel meaning, But there is alot of implying and writing between words. I find it rare that poeple notice it when they do. Makes me happy.

Well, I am sorry, that I didn't make it clear what I was writing it.

John, I am not sure what you meant by that.

Love Juju,

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2005-01-23 10:05 PM

Juju, first of all, I know what inspired the start of this thread. About a half-hour after your emotional response to my "Martin Luther King Jr. & The 21st Century" thread, this started.

Let me say firstly I believe you either misinterpreted or overreacted to the thread. In the MLK & 21 thread, I was merely contrasting the two visions of establishing peace and cordial relations in the world. Dr. Martin Luther King's is, of course, one that promises no violence in achieving it, and that of George W. Bush doesn't promise no violence and believes military strikes may be necessary in resolving conflicts in the world.

So my question to you is, "Where's the hate you speak of in that thread?". I rather believe that is the most tamest thread in The Alley I've started yet.

Since the war in Iraq has began, yes, on and on I have expressed my deep protests to his policies and deep resentment in my heart, and I have also called him a warmonger, but it doesn't automatically make it so I hate the man. There are many who actually desire Bush to be assassinated. I don't wish that at all, in fact, I pity those who wish that and consider them hypocritical. Besides that, I highly respect the First Lady Laura Bush, and giggled seeing his puppies on his televised TV interview with Barbara Walters.

When the 2000 Election came around and passed, I believed then Bush stole that election, and still do. But back then, I felt though that was true, at the time I acted like, "Who cares, politics is just blood-sucking ticks, what difference is it who's in office?". I disliked Gore too, and would have voted Nader then if I was old enough. I didn't realize exactly how much was at stake until after war was declared on Iraq.

Then came September 11th. I cried for a week after the tragedy at random times each day. At the time I was dedicating most of my poetry time to a site called Mutington's Meadow, and I remember several resident poets there scream, "WHO DID THIS? I WANT TO GET MY HANDS AROUND THEIR NECKS AND CHOKE THEM TO DEATH!!!" (sad sigh) It was saddening and disturbing to see all these intense emotions reeling. I wanted to stay away from all the heated discussion, and then on the 16th of September, five days after the World Trade Center bombings, I found the courage to express my opinion. I said I shared their grief and sorrow during this hard time, but I also believe the best thing to do is set aside our differences and treat this moment not with revenge, but with embracing one another non-violently. And then what happened? I got accused by these resident poets I spent much time with. I was called "unAmerican". A "terrorist sympathizer". Another said I'd never know what it felt like to be on the 86th floor of the tower that day. Two resident poets came to my defense, but I felt uncomfortable and from there I spent less and less time coming back.

From September 11th onto the time when I first learned Bush wanted to retaliate, I was among the 90% of Americans who supported Bush. I felt Bush recognized the ultimate lesson of 9/11 in that the best way to resolve our differences and close the gaps between hearts is to come together. You see, I wasn't always biased against Bush from the beginning. Often in school and such I heard kids always teasing Bush because he was stupid and the worst president ever in speech and with words, ad though sometimes I was amused, I also believed there were far more important things to critique someone for, like lying or bullying someone.

Then came the war in Iraq. That's when I realized believing we all shared those lessons from 9/11 of community and peace-building were wishful thinking, and Bush was calling for revenge and retaliation. In the weeks ahead, I more and more learned of his intention, and no longer supported him because in my heart, I've always never believed in war and felt, "What if I was in the shoes of some 19-year old boy in Iraq down there? Wouldn't it be like what 9/11 was here?". I knew in my heart what I had to do. I wanted to hope to see to it history didn't repeat itself, the anguish doesn't mirror or ricochet. So, ever since March 2003, I've been protesting this war and won't stop until it ends.

Slowly and slowly I learned more about the politics of the Bush Administration, and indeed I happen to find myself on the other side of the fence on a majority of issues. I learned of the way the media slanted almost entirely pro-war in preparation for Iraq and that anti-war media was barely anywhere to be seen. It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle that has come together for me, and I believe I've seen enough of the big picture to feel what's happening.

Then, finally, there was the 2004 election. There are many who believe Bush stole the 2004 election just like he did the 2000 election thanks to Diebold machines and Kenneth Blackwell. But unlike the first time, I believe Bush was democratically elected last year, and he won fair and square, I truly believe that. I still have my opinion on the 2000 election, but, oh well.

So, that's basically where I've come from, how I ever got politically-involved in the first place. I realized whether you like it or not, those types of decisions affect everyone and war just doesn't agree with my heart, for I see it as a mirrored form of hatred and retaliation.

I believe in the dream of Martin Luther King Jr. because no one gets hurt. It may sound utopian to some, but that's just what I believe in, and knowing humanity has been through so many wars already, I find the other vision more utopian in my opinion. In the end, I believe if only we all give non-violence a chance, the flames can be extinguished.

Non-violence and peace are two words that have always gone hand in hand, and I defend my belief that trying to put peace and war hand in hand are positive and negative magnets that'll never come together.

That's all my thread implied. The realization that these two visions are challenging one another in this post-911 climate, and that they are indeed opposite visions to one another. No white heat on Bush or those who support him, just recognizing the contrasts and asking politely, "What role does MLK play in this post-911 climate?"

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
7 posted 2005-01-23 10:25 PM

A bit OT, but Noah, if you really wanna torque your brain, check the dates on recorded wars.  Most are roughly 20-30 years apart, just enough time for newborns to become new soldiers.  Though this sounds callous, just a bit of trivia.
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
8 posted 2005-01-23 11:30 PM

Noah,

Your post did not spawn it. This is many things and flustrations that have been building up for a wile. I just had a writers block kinda towards such emotions. Now, I am Not going to lie, It was the basic respect one that made me put in words me thoughts and feelings.

Perhapps I misinterpreted what you meant by using MLK's story and then contrasting him to bush. I am sorry, but I still thinks that is insulting to him.  The whole blaming others thing. It has actually nothing to do with you. More so my personal life.

Noah, This not a personal attack on you.  Just more of random complaining.  I wrote the rant the night before I posted it. I appolagize if any harm came to you.

-Love
Juju

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2005-01-24 12:33 PM

Alicat, while I recognize your response was a little off-topic, I quickly want to answer back to that in saying, "In my heart, that's exactly what I'm getting at. War can remove brutal leaders. War can blast weapons factories to the ground. War can make the ground our "enemies" stand upon tremble and shake. But I also believe the tension remains, and like a virus, it can always evolve or mutate into some other form of difficulty or trouble.

You're right that many major wars of our times are spanned apart by a few decades, and a newborn could grow to be thirty in that time and be parented wrongly and encourage all this angst in his heart that could govern him over and encourage this hatred or raw emotion that leads to these cultural wars of sort.

All the same, I believe much of the reason these wars keep duplicating themselves is because the tension is still there behind yesterday's children. The tension manifests as some sort of virus and some of the next generation always seems to catch cold. I can see how it's difficult to explain, but artistically in my mind I've always had this vision like some abstract art painting I forget I did since I was 14 or so, so I feel strongly there.

Awwwww, Juju, I understand! Sorry if you felt I took it the wrong way too. I assumed because you posted your new topic less than a half hour after your response to my thread, I, myself, had incited the deep emotions in your heart, and I was just a little speechless at the time.

I agree the "Basic Respect" thread is a pretty emotional thread, and I myself indeed contributed to it a great deal, only because I protest regularly against the war and such and felt I was justified to get out Inauguration Day, but I also believed Alicat and Huan Yi and others deserved an explanation why, so I told them, and meant it's not just to give Bush a hard time, for that would be sad, but because the truth is, America is divided and the voice that doesn't agree with his own is often much lesser toned in volume in our media and it's crucial that is hard out, to remind Bush this nation is divided and the needs from across the divide must be embraced and looked upon as well. That's what democracy is, of the people, by the people, and for the people, and if some had indeed seen that as disrespectful on a day of relevance like that, I understand and sympathize with what they're saying, even when I may disagree.

Now, in my opinion, I believe we're all quite mature and good about discussing things here. I don't question there are indeed times when there's discomfort here and a thread has to be closed and it should be closed and such, but generally I believe we're all good like that and above all the basic mud-slinging and libel. Often I find myself in heated discussions with Balladeer and Huan Yi in particular, but I do respect them. I really do, because in heated discussion, we can all be a bit immature, and a little immaturity encourages growth and helps you to understand and appreciate other points of view. I respect those like Balladeer and Huan Yi for being open about their views and that they give me the space to add in. I generally disagree with a majority of what they've said, and often I shake my head when my views are often seen to them as incredible, but they mean well, and I'm glad I can talk and relate to them.

Scorpios like myself tend to have these natural instincts of knowing who your greatest friends and critics are. We are very determined, passionate and intense personas, but also emotionally vulnerable, and actually are often ultrasensitive, on the defense. Sometimes my heart just feels so strongly about something, and when I'm critiqued of my views loudly, I get so sensitive and it feels like a shrill in my ears and I feel I have to defend myself and my views and often the worst in me is unintentionally released. Guess it's so hard to put to words these feelings, and when I try to do so, I'm often misunderstood or fail to connect. Maybe that's why so many prefer to distance themselves from Scorpios because we're often stereotyped as the greatest trouble-making, brutally honest and sex-obsessed sign. (sad sigh)

(hugs) I'm going to go get a yerba mate! I apologize if I rambled too long!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
10 posted 2005-01-24 10:17 AM

Well Noah,

Thats Fine. I actually never have been angry about anything said to me expecially here.  I am glad that John and ballideer chalenge you mentally, because I am usually gone after I come back ffrom class. I don't know if you remeber, but I use to cause trouble to, on the conservative side, but Now I don't have the energy.).:

Actually Aneamal tead me off when he asked about my typing abillities and implied that this wasn't my first language ).;

But honestly, When I lable something rant, it is illogical, emotion pact, and mine any way, kinda poemy, in the since that I usaully, like I explained above have a deeper meening. This one was me being afraid in this world. Basically. But it covers alot of things I am upset about.

Juju

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
11 posted 2005-01-24 01:19 PM

Awwwww Juju, it happens. I'm a fast typer as it is (in fact, I usually type with only two fingers, one from each hand) and I am very accurate, but sometimes my finger does slip and I make typos every now and then. Plus I had the same keyboard for quite a while and letters like M and R were jammed and I could never seem to get them typed out, so it looked like I was a weak speller, though I actually am a great speller. (hugs)

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
12 posted 2005-01-24 01:40 PM

Noah,

And I’d probably get killed
bringing you in...

Semper Fi

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
13 posted 2005-01-24 08:26 PM

Oh,
John are you afraid to make him conservative?
LOl
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahaha

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
14 posted 2005-01-24 08:27 PM

Woops..... Not"Him" That was a error.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » JUJU'S RANT "Human"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary