navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Are these the kind of people you want in power?
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Are these the kind of people you want in power? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space

0 posted 2004-10-23 03:44 AM

http://www.rense.com/general42/bshnazi.htm

© Copyright 2004 raphael giuffrida - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2004-10-23 04:35 AM

So now it's Bush's fault, through his grandfather, that Hitler rose to power.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
2 posted 2004-10-23 04:48 AM

The point is not that George W Bush is responsible himself, but things like this should raise alarm and question what kind of ethics his family has instilled in him.

Enter his, and his father's ties to the real terrorist threat, Saudi Arabia, and you have your answer.

[This message has been edited by Aenimal (10-23-2004 05:21 AM).]

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

3 posted 2004-10-23 06:15 AM

I think that replying and posting on these pages is maybe a waste of time. everytime i say anything, my words are deleted, so what is the point of this whole forum? I have tried to water it down as much as i can and not to ''offend anybody'' but maybe the american way of ''debating ''is differnet to the british way of debating. We are not affraid to debate anything and can say anything, nobody tells us what we can or cannot debate i agree that profanity should not be used but i am censored across the board, and then america lives in a democracy....ha!

Goldenrose.

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved. (Victor Hugo.)

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2004-10-23 07:29 AM

Phil, you too often state opinion as fact, without any attempt to support it with reason or evidence. "How can a deserter like Bush send men to war in the name of oil?" (actual words you posted that were later removed) doesn't qualify as debate when you offer no support. Your intent clearly isn't to persuade, so it must be to incite.

They call that trolling on the Internet, Phil, which is an old fishing term. It describes the practice of throwing your line off the back of a boat and then slowly circling the lake in hopes the moving bait will attract a bite.

Debate is still welcome here for those who know how to do it. Baiting people with intentionally inflammatory and unsupported opinions isn't welcome. That has nothing to do with democracy, of course, and everything to do with keeping the waters safe for swimmers.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2004-10-23 07:33 AM

I always knew there was a Hitler connection!!

It's obvious that the Kerry ads lately are showing a little last minute desperation but I didn't know the Alley was, too.

Darned good thing that Joe Kennedy set such a fine example for his descendants otherwise who knows how JFK might have turned out  

"Debate is still welcome here for those who know how to do it. Baiting people with intentionally inflammatory and unsupported opinions isn't welcome."

I would say this topic qualifies.....unless, of course, it was an attempt at humor.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2004-10-23 10:04 AM

So where's all the dirt on Nader?  I know about Bush, Kerry, most of the Kennedy Clan (and proxies), but what about Nader?  Open that closet and rattle some bones.
Tim
since 1999-06-08
Posts 1794

7 posted 2004-10-23 10:47 AM

"We are all sufferers from history, but the paranoid is a double sufferer, since he is afflicted not only by the real world, with the rest of us, but by his fantasies as well."

Hofstadter wrote that back in the sixties explaining the paranoia in American politics.  

When we discussed the article back in poli sci in ancient times, Hofstadter was referring to Goldwater and the fringe right.

He was prescient enough to realize the left was just as susceptible to the phenomenon.

Voila! It has come to pass and the left has
has not only caught, but some could argue have surpassed the right in their paranoia.

Unfortunately, the majority in the middle are stuck with political choices of not "who is the best candidate," but "who is the lesser of two evils."  Most generally there is a basis of truth in the claims of both sides, they are just unable or unwilling to accept anything the other side says.

Perhaps the problem is not in the politicians, but those who select them.  I am not referring to the apathetic, because it is not the apathetic that select the candidates.  

The American voting populace would be very unlikely to elect a statesman to the presidency, because that is not what they desire.  

It is easy to complain about the political process, but the political process is the reflection of the electorate.

The discussions in these forums and in the United States indicate we are presented the type of candidates we desire and deserve.

My response would therefore be, yes, those are the kind of people we want in power.

I was reminded of Hofstadter by a recent article a poli sci professor wrote in a local paper. Yep, he called that one right.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
8 posted 2004-10-23 11:00 AM

I think your just looking way to hard to find something against Bush. Because you know that Hitler is kinda like bush's unkle and Bushes hero. I am kidding.
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2004-10-23 02:46 PM

I personally find it a waste of time talking about possible connections, theories, etc. when we should be talking about simply the records of Bush and Kerry.

I prefer to distance myself from labels like "fascist" and such which many progressives are calling Bush. I believe that doesn't solve anything and only incites more inability to discuss and dispute the issues together. I also find it disturbing how Bush is trying to make "liberal" a dirty label in saying "Oh, beware he's the most liberal senator, so liberal he even makes Ted Kennedy Massachusett's conservative senator!".

What I'm interested in is simply discussing the records, what we do know. I'm not blasting Bush on what he may or may not be, or someone in his family being related to an infamous party in the past. I'm blasting him simply for his unsatisfactory record these past four years. He's digging us deeper into war, his bad decisions are responsible in part for a lost 821,000 jobs, 235,000 veterans have lost health insurance, the environment is in its worst shape yet, assault weapons are back on the streets, more have been put into poverty than brought out of it, etc. Just yesterday he signed a $140 billion corporate tax cut bill which will encourage the further exporting of jobs overseas and empower further the domination of corporates such as Wal-Mart, which continue to hurt small businesses everywhere.

It isn't hard at all to find something against Bush. His record should be enough, and the irresponsibility that paints his record is how I've judged him and why I've voted Kerry. Of course, morals motivate my decision as well, as war is against my morals.

But I'm not interested in throwing labels at one another. Labels only divide us apart further and further the inability to discuss these matters without hesitation and jumbled emotion.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
10 posted 2004-10-23 03:13 PM

May I remind everybody that these aren't theories or allegations. These are documents found in the Library Of Congress and National Records archives. Or are these not credible sources Balladeer? The links to the Nazi regime and Saudi Arabia aren't meant to describe the political beliefs of the Bush family. Time after time the Bushes have proven that they couldn't care less about politics when there's business to be made. Where there's money, there's a Bush regardless of affiliations or politics.

Juju one doesn't have to look hard at all, they just have to open their eyes. This is not a conspiracy theory but FACT found in the archives of the US government. And Juju no offense, but spellcheck is a handy tool.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
11 posted 2004-10-23 03:23 PM

quote:
So where's all the dirt on Nader?  I know about Bush, Kerry, most of the Kennedy Clan (and proxies), but what about Nader?  Open that closet and rattle some bones.

By all means post it Alicat post it. Here's some dirt on Kerry
http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/images/day5/tax1.htm

As for the Kennedies, have I ever defended or championed them?

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
12 posted 2004-10-23 04:56 PM

What ever. (Rolls eyes)

Juju

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
13 posted 2004-10-23 06:15 PM

In china if your related to some one acting against the state, then your killed. IS it fair to look in to situations out of bush's control?

Juju

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
14 posted 2004-10-23 06:29 PM

How is dealing with Saudi Arabia out of his control?
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
15 posted 2004-10-24 06:23 AM

There's no questioning facts, however, we can't blame GW for his grandfather's ties to the nazis. All we can do is learn and understand our canidates and what they REALLY stand for. I'd say there's probably less dirt on Kerry than Bush.. but maybe that's because Kerry's dirt is harder to find.
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
16 posted 2004-10-24 09:14 AM

Ok, I completely agree - seeing that Bush, Sr. was the head of CIA while JFK was murdered and then also the head of CIA when all this Saudi nonsense started . . .

We just need someone with fresh perspective and not a leftover from the greasings of old war machines.

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
17 posted 2004-10-24 12:11 PM

Maybe Bush is Hitler, raised from the dead
because God is a Nazi.  Maybe Bush
is a Klingon scout for the invasion of Mother Earth.
Maybe Bush is a time traveler assassin; do we really
know who shot Lincoln?  Why won’t he reveal his
true astrology sign?  I hear he doesn’t believe
in the power of pyramids; Hey! what’s that all about!

John

[Copyrighted poem by John Haines removed - Ron]

[This message has been edited by Ron (10-24-2004 03:16 PM).]

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
18 posted 2004-10-24 12:45 PM

I am with John Bush is a NAZI.
BUT I disagree with john, I think HItler cloned himself and Bush is Hitler's clone.

0;

Juju

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2004-10-24 12:52 PM

Ask someone you know who lives in MA if they see very many signs to vote for Kerry like I did, and the answer I got was a pretty clear no.  As a matter of fact my source said there a not too many for either.  I had heard from someone here in Canada that they didn't like Kerry as a senator so why would they vote for him as President, and that got confirmed as well.  To back that statement up, yes I have a source, someone who lives there, Nan   but I would bet she won't say one word on this subject.

I don't want to debate who is better for the job or who I like better but will say one thing, and that is, a lot of Canadians in the West anyway, think it only pure logic that Bush will get back in. There is a huge investment in him already, and I doubt those that can persuade the masses will be willing to hand over the mess of this war to someone new right now, but then I am not as smart as all of you in politics.  I just hope when he does get back in there is no draft, and if Kerry gets in,  I am sure dying to hear what his "plan" really is.  May God bless you America, and in all sincerity I mean that.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
20 posted 2004-10-24 02:12 PM

If you read more than the initial statement you'll say that I stated clearly:

quote:
The point is not that George W Bush is responsible himself, but things like this should raise alarm and question what kind of ethics his family has instilled in him.

Enter his, and his father's ties to the real terrorist threat, Saudi Arabia, and you have your answer

What I'm saying is, not that the Bush's were Nazis, but that they knew where to make a buck. The evidence is in the archives of the US Government, not some conspiracy minded theorist. The point is George W, has continued a family pattern of dealing with the enemy as long as it turns a profit.

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

21 posted 2004-10-25 06:52 AM

On the Bush being a deserter situation, that is NOT my opinion but FACT, he was AWOL for more than thirty days, once past the 30th day he is no longer awol but deserting.As far as i am concerned that is common knowlege NOT opionion and yet it was removed. I dont bait people i touch on subjects that people dont want to debate because it may be a little too close to the knuckle. isnt it strange that John Ashcroft took the same stance before  sept 11th and look what happened there...''i dont want to hear about Osama Bin laden or aAlQuaeda''...another person not willing to face up to difficult debates and face them down.

Goldenrose.

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved. (Victor Hugo.)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Are these the kind of people you want in power?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary