navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » The Moon Faery
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Moon Faery Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2002-03-28 11:26 PM

The Moonfaery

The moonfaery glides,
on silver wings,
across the fading purple sky.
To earth she flies,
from atherial planes and sings,
of things in no man's eyes.

These are the ones.
called starchildren,
For they have a different light.
Breathing a word,
your inspiration,
daring you to reach their height.

The ancients called them,
Zeus' daughters.
Seven of them gowned in blues
Art, history, music, science,
Man's greatness by proxy
Whispered by a muse.

I dreamt in colour,
Writing rhyme
I soared with them once before.
Their sisterhood special.
but too high was the price.
For my childhood to ignore.

The choices I was given.
Forced to make at age of four.
My childhood or my wings of light
I looked again toward the moon
I wished that I could soar.
I dreamed once more my flight.

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

© Copyright 2002 Sherry Lynn Gardner - All Rights Reserved
AniKay83
since 2000-06-28
Posts 388
Missing Since 1999
1 posted 2002-03-28 11:31 PM

Great read, enchanting. I love the picture, too.
~Chrissy

"No one has ever loved ~anyone~ the way ~everyone~ wants to be loved"
~Mignon McLaughlin~

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-03-28 11:34 PM

(smiles) Awwwwwwww, this is sooooooo enchanting, sweet friend, I just sighed envisioning those "star children"! (kiss on cheek) This is a gorgeous fantasy, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sherry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2002-03-28 11:50 PM

The choices I was given.
Forced to make at age of four.
My childhood or my wings of light
I looked again toward the moon
I wished that I could soar.
I dreamed once more my flight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ah Sherry, sister of my heart!  Love this one from you tonight!  Tis a beautiful full moon...time for the wee ones to come out and dance.  Love your pic as well..very nicely done!  Enjoyed much!  Hugs.

~Somewhere in my heart I'm always
dancing with you in the summer rain~

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
4 posted 2002-03-28 11:55 PM

The moonfaery glides,
on silver wings,
across the fading purple sky.
To earth she flies,
from atherial planes and sings,
of things in no man's eyes.

Beautiful imagery, Sherry and also a beautiful picture which describes your words perfectly.
~hugs~

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2002-03-29 12:26 PM

I hear something that goes a bit deeper than the want of a child to continue her belief in all things magical...as if some trauma or jerk of unkindness made the writer grow up faster than one would have wanted to do at the age of four...

and if that was your intent, then this writing is even more profound than one first sees...

and if not, a wonderful writing filled with some great imagery...

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2002-03-29 12:59 PM

Chrissy~~ Thank you for your kind words~~~ I forget where I found the pic but it fills one of the pages on my site

Noah~~ You are always such a sweetheart thank you.

Nancy~~ My sister in the woods. You managed to keep your wings while I have been searching for mine. Thankyou for giving to me that higher view.

Madame Chipmunk~~ Thank you for your kind words.

Karilea~~~~ You hit the nail on the head.  It was a dream of sorts that's meaning was quite real to me. I was forced by a "down to earth" Parent to choose the toys in my toybox or the wings hidden in my closet. You can imagine a 4 year old given the choice between being the child (a secret identity known to everyone) or what she really was, a member of a sisterhood that inspired. And if she would have chosen the wings, she would have had to leave her family behind. Thank you for your insight. I am honoured that you took the time to read below the surface.

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.

ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
7 posted 2002-03-29 01:16 PM

little history of fantasy folklore hear, nicely penned too

[This message has been edited by ecrivan (03-29-2002 01:17 PM).]

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
8 posted 2002-03-29 02:52 PM

awww i just fell in love with your poem, its wonderful and that picture fits it soo well!
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2002-03-29 03:15 PM

You know I read it and thought this could have been about me, and sure enough my friend Sunshine dug the real meaning out, as I was going to go out on a limb to say something deeper.  This was so incredible, that I printed it out, I wish I had written this one, and will save it.  By the way, my entire site is about fairies for the same reason - you and I share a different life.  This happens to be one of my favorite pictures of fairies as well.  I have emailed you a link to where I store my fairies, as I feel we should indeed share them.  Thanks for this poem, beautiful.
Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
10 posted 2002-03-29 10:30 PM

Martin~~~ I am happy that you found my poem worth of comparison to folklore.  Thank you.

Joanna~~~ Thank you for your kind words.  When someone falls in love with one of my poems, I feel honoured.

Sharon~~~ Oh my gawd.... thankyou!!! I am overjoyed by your understanding and your expression of kinsmanship!!! I never realized that this poem would illicit such an enormous response.  I have read your email and will check out your site. I am truly honoured by your gift of sharing your faeries with me.... There are spirits on this site that I feel very drawn to... a bond that goes well beyond the mere words we share in blue.

Love, Light and Peace,

Sherry

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » The Moon Faery

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary