navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » to validate selfish me(20 or less)
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic to validate selfish me(20 or less) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore

0 posted 2002-03-24 09:03 AM

I wonder if
my voluntary commitments
is just a cunning
p
l
o
y
to get myself well-liked?

*thanks for hearing

© Copyright 2002 heng kaile - All Rights Reserved
Magnus
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
1 posted 2002-03-24 09:37 AM

I like this...and I do like the honest self
evaluation...  

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

2 posted 2002-03-24 10:29 AM

i hope not i think one should just be themselves..i wouldnt want everyone to like me..think of the stress that one would put upon themselves trying to make everyone like them..no matter how nice someone is..there will always be someone who dont like them because of their own insecurities..enjoyed

~Victoria

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

3 posted 2002-03-24 11:25 AM

Hmmmm I do agree with Victoria, I struggle not to get people to like me, they do or they don't. Just be yourself. love this short but so meaningful write. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2002-03-24 12:06 PM

(sigh) I agree with Floria and Victoria, I too would never want to change everyone and have them be like me, for I prefer to be individualistic and I believe if we don't be true to ourselves, we will feel unhappy and bewildered in the end then we struggle to realize how we can be back to ourselves in the long run! (big hugggssssss) This is powerfully thoughtful, sweet friend, we all love you so much, never change who you are! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
5 posted 2002-03-24 12:19 PM

Very insightful reflection. I wonder how many of us would be willing to to look that deep into ourselves??? Not me…some things I just don’t want to know about myself!! Lol

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
6 posted 2002-03-24 08:08 PM

An interesting observation, well written, faterider...I like your interesting presentation too!
Frankly...I choose just to be myself, and if people don't like me...I just figure that its their problem.
This is my most recent persona...it seems to have come out of my realizing that I won't live forever and so I have to enjoy whatever I have now...and therefore, I won't let anyone steal a moment from my enjoyment...
I guess I'm selfish now...but oh well!
We only live once...Carpe Diem!
good job!

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2002-03-25 04:20 PM

ah yes. . . don't we all wonder that faterider. . . don't we all. . .

I like the presentation of this one. . . it makes it visually appealing. . . and makes the word stand out more. . . gets you thinking. . . well done. . .

------------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
8 posted 2002-03-25 09:03 PM

Love this one...sure do!  Either people like me or they don't...just the way I am.  Enjoyed the presentation as well.  Hugs.

~Somewhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain~

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
9 posted 2002-04-12 11:40 PM

hmm.. thought povoking.. I know a girl like this, but I've just realised I've never even considered that  might do the same! That shows how closed minded some people are about things like this.. things that could put them in a bad light.. You have my admiration, Kaile. but then, you had that anyway.  
A question.. what is the (20 or less) in your title? The number of words in the poem? I didn't know there was a form like this.. ?  

Love
Lynne

It's nice to share - kiss someone when you have a cold.

[This message has been edited by Yu Lan (04-12-2002 11:42 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » to validate selfish me(20 or less)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary