navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Blink of an Eye
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blink of an Eye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio

0 posted 2002-03-18 03:09 AM

hey yall
as most of yall know i was in a very serous car accedent on the 26th of january.hence why i havnet been around. this poem is about what happened that night.i hope yall like it.it was very hard for me to write. tell me what yall think.

Blink of an eye

Your life can change
in the blink of an eye
you could be laughing one minute
and the next its a tearfulled cry
you could be laughing and joking
having fun with your friends
and the very next second
your life could come to an end
this happened to me
early one january night
as me and my friend drove to the store
to get some snacks and a sprite
i was riding shotgun
just like many times before
little did i know my fate was sealed
as soon as i slammed that door
we went out on the backroads
it was as normal as could be
talking about our lives
and listining to country
we drove into to town
good, we are almost there
cant wait to get out of the car
and into the unusally warm winter air
we got to the intersection
one last turn to go
thats when fate hit me
with a knock out blow
we were t-boned hard
by a half ton chevy van
got spun around 180 degrees
and my door crushed like a beer can
we didnt even see him coming
he was doing 55
it crushed my door in three feet
i didnt think i was alive
i was bleeding very badly
my right arm shattered and bent
he hit us so hard
i lost my southern accent
i laid there crying
thinking my life was gonna end
never getting to say goodbye
never seeing the ones i love again
an emt comes in the car
she covers me from the flying glass
they were using the jaws of life
i thought this embrace would be my last
i was rushed to the emergency room
never have i been in so much pain
every little move of my arm
felt like it was being hit by a train
the operated on me that night
but it took them 4 more
to reconstuct my shattered elbow
so it would work kinda like before
i was in there for 2 weeks
laying flat on my back
i was getting very frustrated
my sanity was starting to crack
they say my arm wont ever be the same
but i am here to prove them wrong
never under estamate this angel
for i am tough and i am strong
you can break my body
you can cut me in two
but you cant stop my heart and soul
thats something no accident can do
i will get better again
there aint no doubt in my mind
this little angel will fly again soon
its just a matter of time...

Jesse C. Jaymz

I've always been crazy, but its kept me from going insane

© Copyright 2002 Jesse Jaymz - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2002-03-18 04:13 AM

Well that was a very vivid account of your accident (which incidentially I am glad to hear you all made it out alive), and sometimes it does us good to write about it, as any accident no matter how "big" the angel is can be a pretty shakey and scary thing.  I think you did a fantastic job on this account of it all, and I do believe you had an angel, and I hope you do prove them wrong soon!  Good luck to you, and again, I think you did a fantastic job on it.

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
  ~* Albert Einstein *~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2002-03-18 06:18 AM

A powerful piece that will stay with me Jesse. It can all happen so quickly, and this has made me pause and take more than a moment to ponder. I'm glad to hear you are coming along, and I'm so sorry you have had to go through so much. I hope you continue to mend ... you are in my thoughts.

Best wishes and hugs
/Kit

Joannak
since 2000-03-11
Posts 121
Indiana, USA
3 posted 2002-03-18 06:37 AM

Jesse,
You did a great job on a subject that I am sure is painful to you in more ways than one.  Let me add my prayers to the many friends you have here at Passions that you are riding tall in the saddle again soon.
Joanna

What better way to become immortal than to wake up each day and write? Ray Bradbury

Professor Gloom
Member Elite
since 2000-07-23
Posts 3082
of Depression
4 posted 2002-03-18 07:27 AM

Powerful writing,
And don’t believe what those doctors tell you,
I personally have known them to be wrong,
Very wrong, more than once.
They always seem to forget the soul,
Which is a lot more powerful than the body,
And much harder to break.

Get well

Gloom

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
5 posted 2002-03-18 07:47 AM

Jesse,
I'm sure your arm will be just fine. Alot of guts alot of time. This was a real good toast
and I'm waiting for your next post.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2002-03-18 08:40 AM

"never under estamate this angel
for i am tough and i am strong
you can break my body
you can cut me in two
i will get better again
this little angel will fly again soon
its just a matter of time..."

(EXTRA BIG HUGS) Oh Jesse, this is sooooooo heartwrenchingly beautiful, my heart goes out to you and all the pain you have been through, but you will always be an angel to us all and I know with all my heart you will heal and you will be writing your lullabyes once more to us all and chirp like the chickadee in the trees! (big huggggsssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, I know you ust have went through a lot of tears writing this, we all love you so much and I am so happy you're back, we've all missed you so so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Jesse, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
7 posted 2002-03-18 08:43 AM

Jesse, you did an excellent job of recounting the accident for us, and the time that followed, as painful as it must be now to write about it as it was then when it happened. An accident like that can happen in the blink of an eye.  I hope you will be fully mended soon and back at Passions full time.  Writing this out I know will help the healing process.  Take care.
~Hugs, Nancy~

~Somewhere in my heart I'm always
Dancing with you in the summer rain~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2002-03-18 09:19 AM

After all of that and you still make me laugh with almost losing your accent...be well, and you'll be flying among us real soon....

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
9 posted 2002-03-18 09:45 AM

you can break my body
you can cut me in two
i will get better again

There's no doubt in my mind either, Jesse... it took great strength to write all this out... and that strength will serve you well. *S* I just hope that your recovery is swift. *S* You are missed. *S*

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
10 posted 2002-03-18 10:40 AM

Oh Jesse, you made that so vivid. Isn't it scary how things can change so suddeny? I have to say it made me smile when you said it almost made you lose your southern accent. Good to keep a little humor in there. I know you will be fine, and I am so thankful that you were not killed that day.
Peace, Love
Sandra

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
11 posted 2002-03-18 11:53 AM

I'm humming healing thoughts to you, Jesse.
I'm glad that nothing shattered your spirit. Heal up n pick up that ol guitar, and sing out loud, "Look out folks, ol Jesse's back in town"     

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
12 posted 2002-03-18 12:05 PM

Jesse,

You have me in tears
Thank God you made it through, I'd be lost without my little angel. You are so right, in the blink of an eye tragedy can strike.
Hang in there, Luv u bunches sweetness
(hugs)

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
13 posted 2002-03-18 12:16 PM

Glad your Angel was with you, Jesse. Guess God still has some work for you to do.

((Jesse))
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
14 posted 2002-03-18 01:57 PM

Jesse

Welcome back to poetry..your sense of humor still intact.  Sometimes an incident like this can make you stronger...seems it has you, for I can see it in this poem, which is very well done and shows your strength of spirit.  Big hugs!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
15 posted 2002-03-18 03:58 PM

what more can you ask for to help get you back to your old self again, accent and all   Sending a big old Canadian hug to yall (man that is cute!)  I am going to say that up here for a while and drive them all crazy LOL, we say, "eh" as in A, which is our "thang". he he, be well Jesse.

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.
  ~* Albert Einstein *~

Suetang
Member Ascendant
since 2001-03-07
Posts 5187
Melbourne, Australia
16 posted 2002-03-18 04:12 PM

Hello Jesse

I have always enjoyed reading your words and I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you but I can see it has made you stronger and more determined.....good for you!  I wish you well and it is nice to see you back here again.

Take care.....Sue

Suetang

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
17 posted 2002-03-18 04:31 PM

hey yall.
before i thank everyone individualy like i alwyas do in my replys i would like to thank you all for everyones thoughts and prays threw all of this.  its gonna be a hard road back to the top but i am on my way.  thanks agian.

Mysteria:  thank you for replying.  *hugs*  and your right to get threw that accident i had to have someone on my side.  and i am glad i did

Kit:  when you said that this peice will stay with you it really me think.  i always write what i feel and what is in my heart.  lots of times my poems are more me then i am.  its the most hidden part of me and to know that it touched someone like that always leaves me in awe.  thank you so much *hugs*

Joanna:  thanks for taking the time to rad my little poem.  *hugs*  feel free to e-mail me anytime to talk or anything.  i love meeting new friends.  thanks for stoping in.

gloom:  i know exactly what you mean about doctors.  they say i wont do this and that.  well according to everyone i wasnt suppose to live threw what happened.  and i did.     its very hard to break my soul.  thanks for stoping in

Seymour:  thanks for the toast

noah:  my dear dear friend thank you so much.  without a friend like you i dont know what i would do *hugs*  thank you

nancy:  thanks for stoping in.  i am glad you thought i did a good job retelling what happpned.  that was the hardest part of the poem going back threw all of the memories and reliving it.  thank you *hugs*

sunshine:  glad that i made you smile.  the way i think of it if you lose your humor and ability to laugh then your soul is dead.  *hugs*  thanks for the reply

suthern:  thanks for missing me  *hugs*  and i hope that my recovery is swift too.  thanks

sandra:  i am thankful too that i wasnt killed that night.  it is amazing how things can change like that.  and i am glad you got a luagh out of the accent thing.  i acually said that to the emt in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.  like i siad before, nothing can kill my sense of humour.  thanks hun

Midnitesun:  i can hear your humming loud and clear.  and what a beautiful song it is.  thank you so much for all your support.  e-mail me sometime.

Joanna:  dont worry this little angel aint going anywhere.  *hugs her tight*  i am sorry that this put you in tears.  and your right, in a blink of an eye.  but no matter what i aint going anywhere.  *hugs*  love ya too

Silver Streak:  i totaly agree with you.  thanks for replying

Martie:  thanks for the reply.  *hugs*  i always considered myself a very strong person and this has made me even stronger.  thanks for stoping in

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
18 posted 2002-03-18 04:37 PM

Mysteria:  yall snuck in 2 replys while i was replying myself. hehehe.  thanks for bumping me back up.  that means alot.  and also glad you liked the way i speak.     i do have a southern accent and if ya ever talk to me online or anything i even have it there.  hehe.  where i am living now in new york i am aobut 50 miles or so from canada and my accent drives them nuts.  well i reckon i will get fixin to go over yonder   thanks hun.  mail me sometime.

sue:  i havent heard from ya in a while.  good to hear from you and thank you for stoping by  *hugs*  

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
19 posted 2002-03-18 09:37 PM

Good writing Jesse...excellent title...thank God that you are around to write of this experience...James
Tracey
Member Elite
since 2001-08-29
Posts 2808
where insanity meets breeding
20 posted 2002-03-18 11:07 PM

Yep, you will get better again my friend. What a scary thing to happen to happen to you. So glad you’re here to tell the tale. Take that Angel strength and get that arm healed so you can get back to playing music again.

If she who dies with the most toys wins, then can I have some toy boys please?

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
21 posted 2002-03-18 11:10 PM

AWWWW Jesse

so touching, and so scary...I am so glad you made it through.....I will keep you in prayers that you heal, gather strength....and hopefully see peaceful days...be well...

Lauren~

Greeneyes~

Step through the
barrier of my mind,
enter my soul,
feel my desire,
let my eyes guide you
into the shadows
of my heart

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

22 posted 2002-03-18 11:14 PM

welcome back jesse..glad the worst is over for you..and you are on the road to recovery..missed you..hugsss

~Vic

"If music be the food of love, play on."  (William Shakespeare)

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
23 posted 2002-03-19 05:43 AM

a friend of mine hit by a drunk driver is in a wheelchair for life. he'd love to read this, he thinks no one understands. thanks for sharing
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

24 posted 2002-03-19 06:38 AM

Jesse, it is so good to have you back among us again.  This is very powerful in it's words and intend.  Life is precious and can be taken from us in an instant....but as you said, you can't kill determination.  I'm glad ya'll are ok, and thank goodness ya'll still got that southern accent.  Wouldn't quite be the same without it.  Oh yeah, a southerner in New York.  I love it..as Charlie says...lol...the souths gonna rise again!  Sorry, I ramble....good to see you among us again Jesse.  Hugs and well wishes.
Now back to the top  *w*
Donna

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

(I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance~Garth)

Carolina
since 2001-08-17
Posts 224
Myrtle Beach, SC
25 posted 2002-03-19 08:24 AM

Jesse!!!! I am SO glad that you are doing good!  I didn't know about the wreck.  Didn't you know that the it's not the wings that make angels fly?  It's their spirit that makes them soar.     May you forever soar!  *huggzzzz and kisses*

Live today as if it's your last.  Love today as if it's your first.   Lisa

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
26 posted 2002-03-19 08:39 AM

From someone who understands, I know you will! Recover that is! My doctor told me that only my faith and dogged determination made the difference for me! I too was in a "serious" car accident that nearly left me without my right foot...but by the grace of God and my adamant refusal to let it go (I was very attached to it ya see ) I still have it today. Took 5 operations and a lot of therapy, but they managed to put my leg back together well enough so I can walk, so I can tell from your poem that you got the same stubborn spirit inside of you too! Good on ya! as an Aussie friend of mine would say.  
I am very happy for you, and even though you don't know me, I can warmly say, "Welcome Back"!  

[This message has been edited by Dulcinea (03-19-2002 08:42 AM).]

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
27 posted 2002-03-19 01:51 PM

I'm really glad you were able to write this, I think you need that kind of "therapy" right now.  You're a strong person, and you will heal, I know it.  
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
28 posted 2002-03-19 03:02 PM

Thank you for writing of this experoemce. It is an eye opener in many ways. Thank God you are still able to write. THai was a very vivd picture. I hope you are recovering well and that you will continue writing. My best to you!
Liz

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
29 posted 2002-03-19 06:56 PM

James:  thank you my friend stoping in and reading.     i always like your replys.

Tracey:  hey there hun  *hugs*  hanvet heard from ya in a while and glad that you stoped by to reply.  e-mail me sometime i msis hearing from ya.

Lauren:  yes it was VERY scary.  thank you for stoping in and yuor prays *hugs*

Victoria:  its good to be back  *hugs*

passing shadows:  i would feel hounerd if you showeed this to your friend.  tell him to e-mail me sometime if you want.  he aint alone in this world and if he needs someone to talk to him i am here

Donna:  hey there *hugs*  thanks for the reply.  yeah i am a southerner stuck up in the great white north.     and i aint ever losing this accent.  it means to much to me. hehehehe.  e-mail me sometime if ya want.  i love talking to everyone   ps, i love your sig by the way.  i play that song.  hope to hear from ya soon

Carolina:  hey you  *hugs and kisses back*  i havent talked to you in ages.  and your right aobut thee spirit making an angel fly.  nothing could be more true.  messege me on yahoo sometime.  i miss talking to ya

Dulcinea:  your right i am very stubborn when it comes to things that are attached to me.  hehehehe  thanks for making me smile with your reply and taking the time to read my rambles.  means alot to me.  mail me

nicole:  my dear friend what would i do without ya.  *hugs*  thanks for replying and being there for me threw these tough times.  it measn alot  *hugs*

Liz:  thanks for reading.  i thank god every day that it was just my arm that got hurt.  it could have been alot worse. *hugs*  thanks

When i was tempted to give up,your strength made me strong
I make the music but you put the soul in the song

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
30 posted 2002-03-20 01:44 PM

Jesse,

You know I read this the night you posted it, but it took me til now to decide how to put my response into words. I'm so very grateful for the angel that must have been by your side that night keeping you alive. You know I had many scary days while you were in the hospital, trying to be strong for you, but yet scared of what was yet to come. Esp when I couldn't get ahold of you when I tried to call. LOL. I'm so glad you are home now and have the apparatus off your arm. Thank you for being you and reminding me that with a little hard work, I too can accomplish my goals in life. I know things are rough right now, but you have wonderful friends who are here for you to help you through anything you may need. We are just an e mail, or phone call away.

*hugs*

Dawn

[This message has been edited by DawnG (03-20-2002 01:45 PM).]

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
31 posted 2002-09-21 03:00 PM

That was very powerful, Jesse. I'm sooo glad to hear that you are all right!

--Beth

Howl at the stars, whisper when you're sleeping, I'll be there to hold you, I'll be there to stop the chills and all the weeping.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Blink of an Eye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary