navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Putting Up...
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic Putting Up... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2002-03-15 07:01 PM

Putting Up...

My husband he, has lost much weight,
the strain of me has been too much.
Tried to leave me, then refrained
as lustfulness had lost its touch.

Today I had to buy new jeans.
My black ones seemed to disappear.
I'm rather poor at moments time,
but missing them, was nothing mere.

I saw them just the other day,
Were in the wash, then folded dry.
I held them up, they're now too small
as heat will shrink them tight to thigh...

"Darn", I said, "how could you take
and wear my jeans, don't your eyes see?"
Above the pocket were the words
Wranglers Womens, made for me!

I give up, sometimes, on him,
that drinking really takes its toll.
But I have new, a pair of jeans,
And touch them not, or heads will roll!!

M
* Sometimes what I have to put up with ....while waiting the D...

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

[This message has been edited by nakdthoughts (03-15-2002 07:04 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

1 posted 2002-03-15 07:05 PM

Now that's a reason to quit drinkin' I can agree with!
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-03-15 07:05 PM

(big hugggsssssss) oh Maureen, this is soooo sad but wonderfully expressed, sweet friend, my heart goes out to this troubling relationship experience and I hope this is not a current experience of yours! (sigh) My heart goes out to you, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Maureen, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

3 posted 2002-03-15 07:12 PM

Maureen, I am sorry, I have had this in my life and it stinks. Cannot make sense with someone when they are drinking. That is why I hate liquor so much.Some people just cannot control it. Very very good expression here, I really like this one. It is so real. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2002-03-15 07:13 PM

Duncan..well if my love couldn't get him to stop drinking, for these last 3 years, I am sure my jeans being worn by him didnt matter all that much...*s

and Noah...yes it's now and then and still...my relationship..as I  responded to
Midnitesun..I don't think anyone has lived a more bizarre life than I, at this time ..*
thanks

M

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2002-03-15 07:20 PM

Floria, thanks..I have finally gotten use to him and his antics...and he now lives, for the time being in the oversized dog house out back(the barn)...where he actually likes his one room while I am in our 13 room house.. now that is  bizarre..or maybe that  could be not saying very much about me..uh oh...*lol

*w, cause I know better
M

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

6 posted 2002-03-15 09:09 PM

Maureen, do you have enough room out there for another one? LOL, well mine is not quite that bad, he has gone in for help and it worked but you never know when the shoe will drop again..so keep some room there just in case. LOL,, got to keep that great sense of humor going. floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2002-03-15 10:28 PM

Floria.. it is I that has needed the help all along..to understand that he does and will forever prefer the bottle and the bar scene to me...well and those younger women who  entice... So send yours down anytime...mine is really not going to be  mine..or maybe he isn't mine anymore ..just is biding the time til one of us can afford to get  rid of the other...I'm smiling...am not bothered by it anymore..we sort of get along like brother and sister now...even the fighting is gone...just care for one another for the years  shared..thought I would never finally feel that way either...*s thanks for understanding...and getting a kick out of this...
hugss
M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » Putting Up...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary