navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » She Was Rankled By Her Wrinkles
Open Poetry #19
Post A Reply Post New Topic She Was Rankled By Her Wrinkles Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA

0 posted 2002-03-15 11:45 AM

(for WR in Wrinkle)

On an ordinary morning with a smooth and sunny sky,
She was forced to face her mirror with no friendly alibi
Fit for why
There were wrinkles on her face.

And her color?  She was pale;  She had become a wracking wraith;
Of no avail her right to wrestle, she had simply lost her faith;
On her face
This was written with great lines.

She was rankled by her wrinkles, so she soaked them in a bath;
Then she patted chocolate sprinkles on the objects of her wrath;
This could be
Why she's gained some extra pounds.
~~~~~  ~~~~~  ~~~~~

The above rhyme is one of my Philharmonic Phonics, a collection of songs I wrote years ago while helping my daughter learn about phonics -- i.e., diphthongs and consonant blends.  Though this was written spontaneously, there was deliberate attention to the use of words begining with wr.

Could it be, I need a wrest?  No, it's much more likely that I could use a good rest...

Well, to save you all from turning into a bunch of retching wretches, I'll make these final few words, for tday at least, my last writes.  No, I did not say, my last rites...

And, listen, if you do try soaking those wrinkles, just be careful not to fall asleep reading the funny pages in the bathtub.  If you do, will, I guess you'll just have to WRING out the NEWS!

Now, me, I'd never crash in the tub.  I try to never crash anywhere!  I enjoy being completely WRECKless...

~~~~~
(Excuse me if you've already read this one somewhere...I've had to repost it again.)

© Copyright 2002 Wendy Stanford - All Rights Reserved
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
1 posted 2002-03-15 11:54 AM

OOPS...sorry, my mistake, I just realized that this was already posted HERE AT piptalk, as /pip/Forum51/HTML/002442.html

--But with less than is here.  Anyway, if it must be removed, okay, otherwise, I'll just leave this as is!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #19 » She Was Rankled By Her Wrinkles

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary