navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » would you believe?
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic would you believe? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

0 posted 2006-12-01 06:26 AM

I recently posted a thing here called ego searching. I was asked if any of the postings of my poem didn't have my name on them. Well i just went and checked and found 2 sites with my poem on one didn't have my name on (and someone elses copyright) and if that isn't bad enough the other one not only didn't have my name on but also claimed it was their poem!!! they actually had the gall to write 'here is a poem i have writen' on the top of the post as well. arrrrrggggghhhhh.

Some people just make me sick. I have put in a complaint to yahoo (as it was one of their pages.) but i mean really what would possess you to do something like that. The poem itself is on countless sites. I never asked for money or even minded not being asked for permission but actually claiming you wrote the poem. What kind of a sick mind needs to do that!

Okay thats me all puffed out.
Gonna go and post a poem to have a bit of a rant poetically.

So won't you sing me a rainbow Josie roll me a song
Just tonight make it right 'cause it's been wrong for oh so long

© Copyright 2006 Paul Weatherstone - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2006-12-01 08:43 AM

I hear ya and you have my condolences on the initial shock and outrage.  And good luck with Yahoo and other major sites.  You'll have to prove, often with notorized documents mailed, faxed or scanned and emailed to them before they'll consider any action.  Which is understandable given that anyone can claim a work as their own putting the onus of disproving their claim on the original author.  Forums are a bit easier, while owned sites are a tossup, since in some cases, such as blogs and homepages, eventually you'll have to contact the site owner, which brings you back to verifying through a paper trail that you're the original author.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » would you believe?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary