navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Those who know me
Family Dialogue
Post A Reply Post New Topic Those who know me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wranx
Member Elite
since 2002-06-07
Posts 3689
Moved from a shack to a barn

0 posted 2004-12-13 11:05 PM

Or know my "situation" might agree that Thomas Lux seems to have written a poem that I should have. That is, however, if I were capable.
"Poem in thanks"

Lord Whoever, thank you for this air
I'm about to in- and exhale, this hutch
in the woods, the wood for fire,
the light-both lamp and the natural stuff
of leaf-back, fern, and wing.
For the piano, the shovel
for ashes, the moth-gnawed
blankets, the stone-cold water
stone-cold: thank you.
Thank you, Lord, coming for
to carry me here -- where I'll gnash
it out, Lord, where I'll calm
and work, Lord, thank you
for the goddamn birds singing!

I always wondered who might have lived in this shack before I did...

© Copyright 2004 E.F.Rose - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2004-12-13 11:50 PM

and perhaps someday...the next tenant will know that a gifted poet lived there before them.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2004-12-17 03:06 PM

and perhaps the shack will hold yet another generation past JM's...who will wonder at the voices in the shadows...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2004-12-17 03:49 PM

Yes, I agree Ed...his poem is something you would say, and could say, except he did, first.  Thanks for sharing this and yourself.  Now, how about another poem?  
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2004-12-17 04:05 PM

Since I'm not really familiar with Lux, all I can say is...it's a truth, I love to read you. Now, maybe onto a little "Lux" time.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2004-12-17 09:22 PM

Oh Yeti, print it, and hide it in an "obvious place" along with one of yours, and hopefully that shack will indeed become a time capsule of wisdom for the next tenant.  Okay so it is far-fetched but stranger things happen right?  Now tuck in those tootsies and write us a snow poem.  Boy I really, really wish it would snow here, (on the ground I mean.)  It is too warm and it won't stick   Take care you, and yes Lux must have had you in mind.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Family Dialogue » Those who know me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary