navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Curbing the Impulse to Laugh
Poetic Haven
Post A Reply Post New Topic Curbing the Impulse to Laugh Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding

0 posted 2003-08-13 01:10 AM

You're not so hard to
write out of my system anymore.
Oh don't worry,
Pretty Boy,
you are VERY easy
to get over

There's nothing like a good fight with a horse to put your problems into perspective

© Copyright 2003 Rhonda Adolph - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2003-08-13 01:15 AM

This is a great vent, Rhonda. A great vent. Short, to the point. Nicely done.

~Titus

PS: I WILL email you soon. I haven't not for lack of desire, just time.

The few. The proud. The Marines.

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
2 posted 2003-08-13 06:55 AM

*chuckle*

Was that hiss I just heard the deflation of an ego?  This should do the trick!  

I've written like this a time or two.  That's the beauty of poetry, it's theraputic and cathartic, and can be quite nice at the same time!  

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
3 posted 2003-08-13 04:26 PM

hehe I just love this, great writing Rhonda

Andy

Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
4 posted 2003-08-16 12:36 PM

I just plain don't like vents, I can't stop saying that and I can't get over it.  Vents just make me sit back and think, well, this is therapy and about as interesting to me as reading someone else's doctor bill.  I think that poetry is necessarily something a lot more than a few angry words.  Sorry, Rhonda, I don't mean to offend you, I'm just making a general statement, because your critique message says you'd really like to improve.

I think that if you want to write something poetic, you should say something in a manner more than just ordinary language.  Look into something and find a deeper truth.  Exaggerate it a little, employ metaphor, take your poem places instead of just a few careless words... depth and substance are essential and getting over a breakup tends not to cut it...

Okay, that's just me being perfectly honest with you, and know that I do so out of respect, and not malice... I just think there's a lot that you're allowing yourself to miss out on, with poetry like this...

At any rate, thanks for helping out with the Sanctuary forum... it's nice to see your name in the replies, you're one of the people that help keep this place moving.  It's so active lately that it's hard for me to keep up with everything, but I'm really trying...

Hoping to see more of you, here and otherwise.  

Brian

Faith is a fine invention
When gentlemen can see
But microscopes are prudent
In an emergency.
~~~Emily Dickinson

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2003-08-16 12:53 PM

Ti, Nicole, Andrew, thank you for the replies.

Brian... thank you You gave me something to think about and I think that possibly you opened the way for me to take my writing in a different direction finally. Thanks again!!

There's nothing like a good fight with a horse to put your problems into perspective
Happy Trails To You

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Sanctuary » Poetic Haven » Curbing the Impulse to Laugh

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary