navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » WarBeast Hungers No Longer
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic WarBeast Hungers No Longer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_NoMan
since 2002-02-01
Posts 6
It is of no significance.

0 posted 2002-02-01 03:15 AM

He left the day the girl turned three,
No joy alive in his heart, but duty,
Duty burns there now, and what must be done,
Will be done.
He left the day the girl turned three,
And he never came back. He left by plane,
And he never came back. Died on soil so far from home, died clutching the small girls picture to his heart, his last breath a wisp of her name...
Love is an unconditional thing, an untangible so real it can hurt.
War is a beast that feeds of mans stupidity, takes life where life is to be taken, and leaves a young girl fatherless, crying as her mother cries.

You shant understand the warmth of a lovers heart lest you have felt the chill of anothers.

© Copyright 2002 C.B.S. - All Rights Reserved
ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
1 posted 2002-02-01 09:12 PM

I like this. This is very emotive and I imagine lots of angst caused you to write this. Consider though breaking up the longer lines, you might like to take a look at the different writing styles posted for a better idea. Wishing all the best in the future and that you will be spared further losses.

[This message has been edited by ecrivan (02-01-2002 09:13 PM).]

Chrissy
since 2002-01-24
Posts 81
Idaho, no I am not a farmer!
2 posted 2002-02-02 12:59 PM

As i finally have caught all my tears in my hands....Whew...My dad died in the 2nd war he was ever in...although he left when I as 7, and never returned It still feels the same.  Thank you, for putting something into words, that I have been troubled with all of my life...I don't think I can even begin to describe how I felt as I was reading this...as the tears fell.

Thank you so much....for more than you will ever know that you have done

Dance like noone is watching
Sing like noone is listening
Love like you'll never be hurt
Live like its Heaven on earth

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » WarBeast Hungers No Longer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary