navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Twelve Tethered Stars
Open Poetry #18
Post A Reply Post New Topic Twelve Tethered Stars Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea

0 posted 2002-01-18 03:23 PM

Twelve Tethered Stars

by Michael

Twelve tethered stars, each night I pull
and yank that they may sprinkle fire,
to burn away the dark I feel.
I could not ever be a liar.

The truth sustains, but cannot light
and cannot burn the dark away.
The God of all, has heard my pleas.
No longer shall He hear me pray.

A life of tortured innocence,
is one that I have come to know.
Though fire of stars burns very deep,
it’s not enough that I might glow.

But still, there’s comfort in their light.
If not for them, I dread to think,
for if they did not burn so bright,
into the darkness, I would sink.

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

© Copyright 2002 Michael Auguste - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2002-01-18 03:27 PM

Oh gosh..the title drew me...the words captured me...I to would be left in darkness without the light of the stars to feed me the magic I need to believe in fantasy....**big hugs** hang onto the stars and their magic will always light your way.

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-01-18 03:28 PM

YAY!!! (smiles) Yes, yes, the stars glisten soooo beautifully, and will always guide us with light to our destinies and keep us with hope and love to pierce through the sorrows and darkness! (big hugggssssss) I love it, sweet friend, your words are always so sincere and fabulous, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Michael, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Morcastlin
since 2002-01-14
Posts 244
The Jersey Shore, USA
3 posted 2002-01-18 03:29 PM

Excellent writing! I enjoyed this a great deal! It was wonderfully vivid and expressive! Bravo!
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
4 posted 2002-01-18 03:31 PM

Auguste- God will always hear your prayers. This is a very emotional piece - enjoyed. Chris

Life is not measured by breaths you take, but by moments that take your breath away.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2002-01-18 05:33 PM

Michael, you have really put out some thought-provoking lines with this poem. It has a tone of sadness, yet I don't see you as a sad poet without a sense of hope. You always paint a vivid picture, no matter what you say. It's good to see you posting. Hugs, always your friend, Kacy
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2002-01-19 10:05 AM

Michael, the title is wonderful.  But I know you encourage critiques, and all I will say is that I feel you didn't reach down deep enough to pull out what you really wanted to say with this piece.

Put it away for a day or two, take it out on an evening's quiet, and look again...

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
7 posted 2002-01-19 11:27 AM

Michael~ Darkness is a lonely place to be.....head for the light, its much warmer there....

Lauren~

Tomorrow's another day
and I'm thirsty any way
so bring on the rain

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

8 posted 2002-01-19 11:50 AM

Michael, I like to believe that he does hear, even when we don't think he is listening.  Poignant write.

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

(I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance~Garth)

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
9 posted 2002-01-19 11:55 AM

Michael--The dark is sometimes cold and empty, especially when it is inside the heart.  I love the thought of twelve teathered stars...so beauiful...may they always shine on you!  Hugs!
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
10 posted 2002-01-19 12:08 PM

The truth sustains, but cannot light
and cannot burn the dark away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When truth sustains, then hope will one day ingite, and indeed the dark will melt away.
Set your eyes toward the heavens...the answer is there.

Hugs,
Deb

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
11 posted 2002-01-19 06:31 PM

Michael, you sound like you are in the same funk as I am. But you write beautifully even so.
Take care.
Sandra

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

12 posted 2002-01-19 06:36 PM

Michael He certainly does hear our prayers, in His own time, and sometimes we think He isnt listening but He is. very well written poem floria
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
13 posted 2002-01-19 07:02 PM

Michael...He does indeed hear every prayer, every thought, every word.  We must learn to 'let go...and let God.'  
Good write my friend, Hugs, Nancy.

~Time has cast a spell on you,
  So you won't ever forget me~

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
14 posted 2002-01-20 09:32 PM

Startime,
Thank you.  Your comments are very sweet.

Noah,
Your comments never fail to bring me a big smile.  Thank you much.

Morcastlin,
Thank you for the "Bravo" and for taking time to read.  So happy you enjoyed.

Chris,
Yes, indeed, God most certainly hears my prayers.  Don't let this work fool you for an instant.  Thank you!

Kacy,
My friend, how are you?  No, I am always one of hope, even in darkest despair.  Thank you very much.  It's so nice to see you here.

Karilea,
Being the excellent writer that you are, I kind of expected such a comment and I must say that you're correct.  I shall see what I can do.  Thank you for the encouragement and for reading.

Lauren,
In order to appreciate the light we must all spend some time in darkness, stumbling.  Thank you, my friend. *hugs*

Gentle Spirit,
Yes, He hears, but because He doesn't always answer the way we'd expect, we often think that He does not.  Thank you, sincerely.

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
15 posted 2004-05-06 04:11 AM

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #18 » Twelve Tethered Stars

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary