navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Words Of Poetry
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic Words Of Poetry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada

0 posted 2001-12-14 05:36 PM

Words Of Poetry

Around each corner of my life
strolls the man of my dreams
Over each mountain of strife
eyes filled with passion gleams

Along this crooked path we walked
sharing the same vision
Love's mysteries to be unlocked
gently, with precision

Dreamer's fantasy some will say
wanting to destroy hope
Yet my beliefs they cannot sway
for magic helps me cope

To the stars I soar in my quest
weaving dreams endlessly
And to each, of you, I will attest
love lasts eternally

I know, among the stars, somewhere
there's a dreamer like me
Hand in hand a vision we'll share
writing words of poetry

Karen Torbiak 2001©

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

© Copyright 2001 Karen Torbiak - All Rights Reserved
Son Netier
since 2001-12-11
Posts 116
The Garden State
1 posted 2001-12-14 05:39 PM

’m sure you are right about there being a dreamer out there for you, this is a wonderful poem expressing the emotion inside of you; hope and love.

Bill

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2001-12-14 05:41 PM

(sigh) Yes there is, and there is a dreamer like you that will find you someday who wishes upon that same star you do and you will share a true love forever! (sigh) It'll be so exciting to see what words of poetry you write with him when you find your love! (smiles) I believe with all my heart your dream will come true, sweet friend! (kiss on cheek) God Bless You! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet star, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
3 posted 2001-12-14 05:43 PM

This is beautiful, Startime! I love it.
rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
4 posted 2001-12-14 10:24 PM

Karen,

I soooooooooooooo love your poetry You write so well! Well done.

Hugs,
Tara

"My heart is like an open book, for the whole world to read"
     - Motley Crue, Home Sweet Home

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2001-12-14 10:41 PM

I hope this is as possible as you make it sound. This is one of the best yet..
Sandra

thepoeticplumber
since 2001-05-15
Posts 185

6 posted 2001-12-14 10:49 PM

A dreamer of love is your fabulous message.
It is one of great hope.  What a fine poem to savor.  Roger  

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2001-12-14 10:59 PM

I think I walk that same path, just shy of sight...could be we wish upon the same star, that one slightly to the side of realities imperfections. I know we touch the same moon,
though maybe not the same moonbeam plays upon our cheeks, but I'll look over from the next hill...maybe I'll see the twinkle in your eye.

walk easy...dear friend.

jwesley

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
8 posted 2001-12-14 11:10 PM

Startime,
That's what I like most about you! You always have hope, a smile and confidence. Plus you're a poet! Bless you.  

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2001-12-14 11:26 PM

I love the hopeful feeling in this. When I was in college, I met a classical flutist named Tim Weisberg, who played such a beautiful melody "Someday My Prince Will Come." I will try to find a copy of that, and send it to you. I think you would love it as much as I do. I've lost my only copy!

PS, I will see if Weisberg's CD 'Time Traveler' has this one on it.

[This message has been edited by Midnitesun (edited 12-14-2001).]

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
10 posted 2001-12-14 11:46 PM

Son Netier...*grin* well what would this world be like without men who dream like me. I am so glad you like it. **hugs**   

Noah...you are such a dear....yes, there is someone out there for dreamers like us after all look at all the beautiful words that come from everyone here at passions. Such wonderful hearts. **hugs**   

SmartChick...I am so glad you like this poem...I so love writing about love and magic. **hugs**

Tara...I return the compliment..your words always touch me deeply...we think much alike you and I. **hugs**

Sandra...Keep the dream alive and never let it die...if you close your eyes to it you may miss the most wonderful gift of love life has to offer. **big hugs**, dear one.  

Roger...I am pleased you like it...I do so love to weave dreams of hope and love. It is what I truly feel inside and have to put to words..**hugs**

jwesley...you are such a gentle man and I love it when I can write something that pleases your eyes. I will walk easily among your words and feel serenity fill me. Thank you. **hugs**

Larry....**big hugs** you know just the right things to say.....what a wonderful man of inspiration you are. I think you are just adorable....**hugs**

Midnightsun...I would love to see it if you can find it. It sounds like something that would inspire many dreams for me. Thank you, so much. **big hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

[This message has been edited by Startime (edited 12-14-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Words Of Poetry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary