navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » This Quiet Is
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic This Quiet Is Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

0 posted 2001-12-14 02:12 PM

This Quiet Is        

I sometimes find I'll share
that whole blank glossy stare
my cat presents to me

I wonder what we think
as each sits on the brink
of falling through thin air

Do we ponder on the day
awaiting words to say
how nice this quiet is

Or are we just so happy
that words would make it sappy
and let the gaze go on

©  12.14.01
(thanks for the idea, Titia)

© Copyright 2001 Krawdad - All Rights Reserved
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
1 posted 2001-12-14 02:21 PM

*smile* this poem made me think of when I was trying to look into my cats eyes and wondered what he thought. *giggling* maybe he just thought I was nuts but that time it inspired a poem called "Dream Or Premonition". This poem brought the whole feeling of that day back to me. Very interesting line of thinking. **hugs**

Love I leave with you whether it is in your life now or yet the essense of your dreams.

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
2 posted 2001-12-14 02:28 PM

Yes...I wonder.  What are they thinking...
The cat is probably wondering what you're staring at!  And you....I'm not sure yet...think I'll go back and stare at your picture and see if I can figure it out.  

Good write.  Hugs, Nancy.  

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2001-12-14 06:48 PM

(smiles) Oh my gosh, I know just how you feel! (smiles) Sometimes it's amazing just to gaze into something and receive such a wondefful inspiration from what we see! (sigh) BRAVO!!! I always love your wonderful words! (big hugggsssss) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Shou-Lao
since 2001-10-12
Posts 48

4 posted 2001-12-14 08:10 PM

A well put together piece, hope you enjoyed writing it as much as I enjoyed reading it.

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
5 posted 2001-12-14 11:59 PM

e,
so happy to see you here...
my fav part...

"Do we ponder on the day
awaiting words to say
how nice this quiet is"

but... love it all
h

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2001-12-15 12:32 PM

I love the way cats can stare you down, with that magical look in their eyes. Actually, my dog does that sometimes too. And you also have that mysterious magical stare.
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

7 posted 2001-12-15 04:53 PM

right now, it's quiet, and I can really appreciate this poem. Thank you!

Kathleen (Kay)
"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass, and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
8 posted 2001-12-15 07:07 PM

Well Sir Krawdad, really nice to meet you in 'person' and you must have known I would so like your poem.

I'm honored if I've inspired you to write this lovely verse. The whole imaginary in it touched my heart for I feel very connected to your words.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Want to use the pics on my website? Just let me know. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
9 posted 2001-12-16 01:10 PM

A great sentiment and pondering of those tiny tranquil moments that seem too good to be true. Enjoy the gaze and dream a while. It's so good for the soul to connect elsewhere sometimes or just to completely drift! Peace and Joy!

Sincerely,
Regina

amusemi
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1262
A State of Disarray
10 posted 2001-12-16 01:19 PM

A moment preserved in time...cool write!!  I fail to understand the feline creature..but their mysticism is amazing!!  You captured that essence very well!!
Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

11 posted 2001-12-16 09:34 PM

Startime,
He was probably thinking about sleep, or one of the other two things that cats are said to think about.  Anyway, you are welcome for the reminder and thanks for the read.

Enchantress,
Hmmm, the stare has got you,'eh?  Actually it wasn't intended to be so starey (is that a word?), just happened to be the best of the lot.  I'm really very camera shy, maybe that's what it is.
Thanks for your comment.

Angel,
Thanks, Noah.  I take my inspiration wherever I can get it.  And I love eyes, cats or otherwise!

Shou-Lao,
Thank you, and glad you enjoyed this.  I enjoyed the writing, which came quickly.

Lady,
Happy to be here.  Pondering is good, I think, especially in the quiet.  Thank you for the 'love it all' and glad you did.

Midnitesun,
Animals eyes are almost as good as humans, but I love 'em all.  That 'mysterious magical stare' you see in me might just be my mistrust for the lense!  Thanks for your comment.

Kay,
You are most welcome.  Good that you have some quiet to appreciate.

Titia,
I hoped you would like this.  Your poem about your Bram was the spark for this and it was as though it lit into fine kindling and whoosh, there it was.  Funny how that works.  Thanks again.

Regina,
This sort of poem comes, as I'm sure you have experienced, from more than one such occasion as it might describe.  Then one day, the plazma gels.  That is one of the true satisfactions of poetry.  Peace and Joy to you as well!  

amusemi,
Thanks for the 'cool' and the 'very well'.  And since I haven't had the opportunity, 'welcome to the joint!'

Again, thank you all for reading and commenting!  Hope your Holidays are warm!
e

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » This Quiet Is

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary