navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » God Bless America
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic God Bless America Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sodpossom
since 2001-06-15
Posts 723
N.C

0 posted 2001-12-14 12:13 PM

God bless America!
Does America really need to be blessed?
Who needs God when you're the best?
Racism and drugs the only diety in this great land
only now in fear do we seek God's hand

God bless America!
Graces neon signs in every town
Seems just like yesterday,Gods name couldn't be found
except of course in front of damn
America,the great I am!

God bless America!
As unworthy as we may seem
I think now is a good time to join our team
Please,no hard feelings for expelling you from school
You just couldn't be included in the new world rule

God bless America!
America bless God?Don't think so!
We've got to go turn that dollar so the economy can grow
In the mean time we will gladly accept any blessings you bestow upon us
After all,this is America and in you we do trust

© Copyright 2001 Stevie Houston - All Rights Reserved
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
1 posted 2001-12-14 12:46 PM

Stevie darling boy, yes you are so right, but in amongst all the ballyhoo and so on, there are and is a core of real steel to America's spirit. God will continue to bless you and YOU America are so much more than those who would turn it's back on HIM. I read an article the other day that Americans give President Bush a 90% approval rate. That is a huge amount of support. And I for one am proud to have American 'family and I speak for a huge part of the UK. We stand shoulder to shoulder with you America, and will continue to do so.

As for the poem Stevie darling boy, it is utterly utterly wonderful, it describes perfectly how you feel about those who would do their best to rip the heart apart from your wonderful American spirit.

HE is with you, and will continue to be so. A child doesn't stopped being loved by it's parents when it disobeys does it? Then why would Our Farther do so. Just because there are a few, admittedly they are the noisiest ones, but still only a few, who would stop us using HIS name in the suspicion it offends someone. HE is universal, it doesn't matter what we call HIM, we just have to know HE's there.

Write on darling boy, and have a fabulous Christmas.  

Love and warm stuff
as always
Mushy

I don't mean to bang on about it, you know me and my devotion to the good old U.S.of A

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

N orth Carolina Girl
since 2001-12-04
Posts 962
NC,USA
2 posted 2001-12-14 12:56 PM

Stevie,I personaly think there isn`t any better place to live than America.I`ll admit we do have a few a-holes here.I do agree with the poem.God has blessed America for so long and its way past time for us to bless God.

Love,mama

Rogue24
since 2001-12-01
Posts 111
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2001-12-14 01:16 PM

Stevie, living in Canada I am TRULY patriotic and adore MY country, but your country, the land of YES opportunity but more than that, a land of freedoms and rights only a select few countries possess, truly you are blessed to have a soul to see the pain in the world and disagree with it. Your write, truly amazing and hurtfully honest, just dont forget the beauty that lies on your side of the fence. God Bless You, and may your holidays shine bright.
Ter.

Alone in the dark, through my thoughts comfort I do seek, through my words I find peace.

sodpossom
since 2001-06-15
Posts 723
N.C
4 posted 2001-12-14 01:45 PM

I guess I need to say that I love this country as much as anyone.I think its the greatest,we just need to get our priorities in order.Thank yall for checking it out!
N orth Carolina Girl
since 2001-12-04
Posts 962
NC,USA
5 posted 2001-12-14 04:23 PM

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2001-12-14 04:32 PM

(sad sigh) Despite all the tears and avarice and greed that our nation does face today, I believe that He is always here for us all, and His love shines with freedom and justice for us all, as He sheds his grace on Thee. (sigh) May we together embrace in this circle of hands and bless our Good Lord, for He blesses our country with love, and together we will make a difference as we listen to our loving hearts! (sigh) This is sooooooo powerfully expressed, sweet friend, we all love you so very much! (big hugggsssss) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Stevie, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » God Bless America

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary