navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Christmas, American Style
Open Poetry #17
Post A Reply Post New Topic Christmas, American Style Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA

0 posted 2001-12-12 06:02 PM

Red mistletoe and cookie dough,
Jingle Bells sure sounds swell.
Plastic tree with an angel on top,
Mama’s frantic-shop, shop, shop.
Candy canes and silly games,
Harry Potter in terra cotta?
Snoopy’s still shot down in France,
And nutcrackers still have to dance.
“Scrooged” always winds up with “A Wonderful Life”
And Rudolph takes the point for Santa’s Ride.
As the RugRats learn about Chanukah,
It’s a glorious season, America.

Nan

© Copyright 2001 Nancy Wilcox - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-12-12 06:09 PM

(smiles) Amen!!! (big hugggssssss) What a beautiful way to celebrate an American christmas, I love mistletoe, sleigh rides, and gotta love those adorable Rugrats! (kiss on cheek) We all love you so much, sweet Nancy! (kiss on cheek) May you have the happiest holidays! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Nancy, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

sodpossom
since 2001-06-15
Posts 723
N.C
2 posted 2001-12-12 07:14 PM

Nan

Its beginning to feel alot like Christmas.Well not really,its still hot here.It looks alot like Christmas though,with all the decorations.Very enjoyable poem!  

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
3 posted 2001-12-12 08:41 PM

Nan darling girl, this is wonderful, I love this it fairly skips along. Fabulous flow and a perfect discripition of Christmas. You know that I love you all, and consider America to be my second country, my country of heart as you are my family of heart.

Wonderful writing darling girl as always this really is fabulous.

Guess who was in Sainsbury's when I was in there today? Yes that's right Tom Baker Unfortuneately he was in the queue at the checkout as I was going down the frozen food aisle, so I didn't get a chance to say Hi to him for you. But I'm bound to get another chance.

Love and warm stuff
As always
Mushy

To give light to them that sit in darkness..... to guide our feet into the way of peace St John ch2 v1

N orth Carolina Girl
since 2001-12-04
Posts 962
NC,USA
4 posted 2001-12-12 08:45 PM

Nan,a perfect description of an American Christmas.LOVED IT!
Juanita

Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
5 posted 2001-12-12 08:54 PM

Dear Noah,
I'm so glad you liked the poem. I love the Rugrats, and I loved your bells in a row.

Dea sp,
You even went beyond Noah, with a dancing baby! You and your mama really get into using the stuff here, don't you? I am going to have to check it all out. I swear I will if I ever get a minute. Sorry it's hot in SC, it's cold as can be here in Texas. This is the time of year I start threatening to move to the Bahamas. (Never been there, just heard it never gets cold)

Dear Marsha,
You know I adore you, but if you don't start plying Tom Baker with tea and cookies and get me his autograph, when you have all these opportunities, I'm going to be very disappointed in you. You could have knocked a few old ducks aside and barged up beside him.   (And scared him half to death, I expect. I hope he doesn't have a bad heart or anything)  

Dear Juanita,
I love Christmas and everything that goes with it except the cold! I start wanting to hibernate.

Nan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #17 » Christmas, American Style

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary