navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » So Much
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic So Much Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2001-09-12 08:32 AM

So much destruction has been
leveled
against so many innocents
governmental quarrels
leveled
many buildings and thousands of souls.
How many times
must things like this happen?
Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters,
leveled as if pieces of a crude chess game
no longer needed
removed from their lives
by someone with no heart.
This day feels to me
like the most horrible prophecy
come true,
amd there feels no safe place
no haven
security is no more
and what life is left
to offer
to the children
now?

© Copyright 2001 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2001-09-12 08:55 AM

We have much yet to offer all.  It is good to question - and better to plan.  Thank you for this, Cat...Sun

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2001-09-12 09:06 AM

Our lives will never be the same. Prayer is going on everywhere.  People are falling to their knees in tears as I am, realizing that we are truly under attack. My only hope is in a swift bringing to justice the evil responsible for this.  

Kathleen

"Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently."

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
3 posted 2001-09-12 10:38 AM

My prayers for their lives!!!!!!!!!!
shadow974
since 2001-06-21
Posts 636
Michigan
4 posted 2001-09-12 10:43 AM

There is much evil in the world but there is much, much more good.
Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
5 posted 2001-09-12 04:54 PM

As a nation, we lost our innocence but have not lost our resolve.  We've just entered into a new era...welcome to the 21st century!  Nice work, my friend.

Michael

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
6 posted 2001-09-12 05:03 PM

In answer to what do we have to offer our children now? ... we offer them the hope that nothing like this will ever happen again ... that people can overcome even the greatest heartache and become stronger because of it... the way our nation has responded to this horrible incident ... has pulled together and now stand united brings a renewed sense of hope and faith in this nation, but more importantly - the reactions of people around the world have shown an undeniable hope that good will prevail over evil at all costs
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2001-09-12 05:06 PM

The children have us an an example of strength, determination, resolve, unity, faith, and will follow whatever example we set.  Now is the time to show them the best example.  Tomorrow is theirs, and how we show them to use it is in our hands.  This is a good write, and worth all parents asking this question and getting the answer.

*~If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all*~
~* My Gramma, Mom and me *~

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
8 posted 2001-09-12 06:40 PM

security is no more
and what life is left
to offer
to the children
now?

You can offer them love, understanding, strenghts and the believe that they have a right to live, despite some evil minds thought otherwise yesterday.

You just offer them YOU sweet Catalinamoon

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
9 posted 2001-09-12 06:47 PM

Yes, as Titia said, just each other. We must value each other more precious than ever. It is hard and almost too heavy to bear. That's where we have to lift each other up. They want us to believe we are worthless and an easy offering to their sacrifice. We mustn't ever let anyone think that again. Love and hugs dear Lady.

Sincerely,
Regina

athena4
since 2000-12-10
Posts 622

10 posted 2001-09-13 07:14 PM

Sandra,
          Your words ring so sadly true. A devastation of innocent lives lost, and for what?  What kind of evil can precipitate this carnage? We have to believe that love and the goodness will take victory. It's just the ulitimate sacrifice unknowly given by innocent people to enlighten us once again, of all the evil that men in power can do. But God is watching, and this madman will receive his own private kind of hell. That is the only solace that can be taken right now. I wish I could put my arms around all the people who lost their loved ones, and be of some little comfort that they could possibly have right now.  A beautiful poem, from a beautiful heart...
              Love, Elise

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » So Much

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary