navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Childhood Laughter ....................................... R
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic Childhood Laughter ....................................... R Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London

0 posted 2001-09-09 10:06 AM

Childhood Laughter
~~~

A path through gentle woodland shadows
disappears through reminisce
As childhood laughter guides your daydreams
to magic jungles
with enchanted mist
~
A path through dangers darkest trials
monsters, dragons, pirates ... more
A land so real
you taste rare apples
from orchards guarded
by an ogres lore
~
A secret path to fortress hidden
high amongst the tallest trees
A secret vault
to hide rare treasures
like smokes and comics
and
' magazines '
~
A path to wander by the hour
leads us back to days out grown
Until stress and worry
ejects us
to the reality
of our
paging phone
~~~

© Copyright 2001 Rex Allen McCoy - All Rights Reserved
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
1 posted 2001-09-09 10:38 AM

Hi Rex, love this verse very much and beautiful pic.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
2 posted 2001-09-09 10:52 AM

A path through gentle woodland shadows
disappears through reminisce
As childhood laughter guides your daydreams
to magic jungles
with enchanted mist

Beautiful.....love the daydreams and imagery you wove with your words...and the picture is awesome....

Charisma

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2001-09-09 11:55 AM

Rex..Love this!! And...the picture fits so well.  Sat here staring at this piece for a long time, remembering...those carefree days...riding the little train at Springbank, the carousel, hiding magazines...HIDING MAGAZINES!?  That part made me smile!  Enjoyed, Nancy.

~Time has cast a spell on you
  so you won't ever forget me~

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
4 posted 2001-09-09 12:18 PM

What memories you have brought back to me to-day! Thankyou....it reminds me of a creek I used to play in, although I was warned not to. I couldn't help myself, I was Queen of the Jungle, saving baby lions from the raging waters!!! Of course, it was just a shallow tributary of the Thames, in London Ontario that is. Well written!! Chris

Life is not measured by breaths you take, but by moments that take your breath away.

Rex Allen McCoy
Member Elite
since 2000-01-30
Posts 2863
Sippin a Timmy's in London
5 posted 2001-09-09 07:22 PM

Thankyou Titia ... glad you enjoyed it

Charisma ... thankyou ... the poem I wrote when first saw this picture ... it ushered up all the old childhood memories

Thanks Nancy ... where I live now ... used to be a forest when I was a boy ... a stream ran through it, with trout, and an apple orchard at the northern edge where we used to borrow apples from a farmer who couldn't run as fast as we.
Those were the days ... colecting puff balls and kicking the over ripe ones to dust clouds and kicking the scunk cabage and pushing a friend into it

Nightshade ... well well, another Londoner ... there are quite a few of us here at Passions now ... good to hear from you, thanks

mini poet
since 2000-02-06
Posts 56
Canada
6 posted 2009-05-13 02:15 PM

This sounds like my phone :P
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » Childhood Laughter ....................................... R

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary