navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » R.i.p. Aaliyah!!!!
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic R.i.p. Aaliyah!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Trina
since 2001-06-28
Posts 97

0 posted 2001-08-28 08:03 PM

I heard it
and I didn't believe it
thought it was a rumor
but I've acknowledged
the truth

One day you were
here and smiling
and now you're gone
no longer enjoying
the good life

Leaving many people
mourning
and left asking why
it had to happen to you
a bit of a shock
I would say

Though you are gone
in the physical form
you will never be
forgotten
and will live on
through your music

God bless your soul
and may you rest in peace

© Copyright 2001 Trina - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2001-08-28 08:07 PM

It's so terribly sad when someone passes, and yet what a joy to know that they have left lasting treasures and memories through music. Nicely done Trina.  

Best wishes,
/Kit

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
2 posted 2001-08-28 08:09 PM

This was such a tragedy. My daughter loves her music so much. I too thought she was a very aspiring song writer. If at first you don't succeed is a great inspiration to our youth. Your tribute is felt by many. She was only just beginning. So sad. Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely,
Regina

Trina
since 2001-06-28
Posts 97

3 posted 2001-08-28 08:33 PM

Thank you I loved all her songs and I was so shocked to hear of her death and I think it was horrible her career had to end due to this and I also feel for the others who lives ended along with hers. No one should have to experience something like that and I know their families are definitely hurting and just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Take care,

Trina

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2001-08-29 07:24 PM

a life ended too soon. . . and melodies that will never be heard. . .

well done. . .

----------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2001-08-29 07:30 PM

Nice of you to do this, Titia, we should all remember how quickly our lives can end. Nothing is guaranteed, for even another day.
This young woman will be remembered for her spirit and talent, and the one thing that disturbs me about the very deserved tributes for her all over the media, is that the other 8 people are not even mentioned by name. Every person lost too soon, should be equally acknowledged I feel.
But God bless all of them.
Sandra

Trina
since 2001-06-28
Posts 97

6 posted 2001-08-29 09:28 PM

I agree the media should mention the names of the others a little bit more then what they are doing. Listening to the radio and watching the news I noticed that 1st they mention Aaliyah then they only mention some other person who was from New Jersey. It's sad that these other people lives aren't being fully acknowledged or at least given the respect of letting people know who they were. I did hear all the victims names and ages on MTV and BET though. What a horrible way to have to leave.May God bless them all and their families.
Tiersdin
Member Elite
since 2000-11-17
Posts 2364
east coast
7 posted 2001-08-30 02:22 PM

Thank you for posting this, <>Trina, I really loved and amired Aaliyah`s talents as well.

~Tier

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » R.i.p. Aaliyah!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary