navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » 24 hours (DAY !)
Open Poetry #15
Post A Reply Post New Topic 24 hours (DAY !) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
paladin
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-08-05
Posts 930
Pensacola,Fl.

0 posted 2001-08-15 08:06 AM

The moon turns on the axis of dieing as life's light waits in small corners to leap forth into flames of passion.Go again you great mellow lamp. Smolder and clammer in the tombs of the living dead. Chuckle to yourselve you cold night wind.Chill a young womans love to death. Skyline glowing hearlds the comming of another day.Stars flicker and shimmer on the rim of dawn. Arise the sun.Great chariot of the pagan gods. Burn crisp the barren earth in your path across the sky. Raise the snowy clouds to towering heights. Come now you soothing rain. Cry for the thirsty land. Wring yourselve dry as thunder roams your breast. Breath now you cool soft wind. Caress the new green sprouts in the fields. Shake the mighty mane of the oak tree. Steam on the highway rises to the sky.
The sun is weary and red from it's toils. It lies on the ocean and awaits the comming night. Ragged streams of clouds pull dark shadows over the sleepy land. The first star appears. I saw it wink at me. It was hiding behind a purple cloud. Now comes the moon, one day older.I see you there. Come shine on me. Day is done.

paladin

© Copyright 2001 Robert E. Jackson - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-08-15 09:14 AM

This piece is wonderfully replete with imagery - I enjoyed reading it, as I have your other works...

The line between poetry and prose is oftentimes a fine one, and determined by the author.  This post is one of those subjective ones that could theoretically be categorized as both - Prose with a poetic flair? Poetry with a prosaic flair?.. Either way, it's a good read...

If your work includes a lot of prose, do please consider visiting and posting in our Passions in Prose Forum as well - We have some folks in there who'd love some new material...

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
2 posted 2001-08-16 06:09 AM

This is a wonder/full day! I really enjoyed the imagery! Very nicely done!
Sincerely,
Regina

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-08-16 06:19 AM

A joy to read...James
wpwpoet
since 2001-07-25
Posts 99

4 posted 2001-08-16 06:24 AM

Very nicely said. I watch the sunrise every day and every day am awed
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2001-08-16 07:08 AM

this is wonderful...
superb employ of imagery and analogy...
the use of elemental and ethereal comparisons between the emotions and nature gave this a lovely surreal sense of serenity and anticipation of things to come.
very well done
jm

Feels like Im dancin with truth and wisdom
Precious rhythm you are my guide
These days are sacred, my heart is humble
Oh warrior show me thy light

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #15 » 24 hours (DAY !)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary