navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Last Paragraph
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Last Paragraph Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Android 17
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg

0 posted 2002-07-24 01:05 PM

Hey y'all---veteran PiPmaster here...I doubt ANY of you'll remember me, but hey! Lol Anywho...this poem was written a long time ago. It's for my best friend, she used to be a legend around here...her name is Cherish. Ring any bells? Naw---I didn't think so. Hehe... Anyways, this is accordance to an e-mail I sent her. And in the last paragraph, I said how I truly felt for her---and my realizations, after I'd pressed the "Send" button:

The Last Paragraph-

I think I care for you,
More than just a friend...
But you knowing this---
I fear it may be the end...

You say that you're confused as I,
That you don't know what to do...
But why should I get frustrated?
When I'm to blame...and not you?

I've turned to you, many a time...
And yet, I can't fight off this feeling of dread...
That indeed, sometime soon,
I'm going to loose a friend...

With my luck, you're going to turn away...
Scorn, and hate me...for my mistake,
But again, I don't blame you...
For I was only half awake...

As you read this, I'm hoping...
That you don't get the wrong idea first...
It could just be my pessimistic side---
Which always assumes the worst...

I'm just as confused as you are,
And I feel like I'm writing my own epitaph...
Please tell me...Why? Oh why---
Did you read the last paragraph...?

© Copyright 2002 Alex-lee Hryhorczuk - All Rights Reserved
Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
1 posted 2002-07-24 01:57 PM

It's Alex! I mean...who're you?

Cherish, Cherish...sounds juust a little familiar. Who knows, everything's a buzzing whirl of memories these days. Really...I miss that girl, and her poetry too. This is a very raw, honest piece, and the small explanation makes it even more so. I commend you on your openness, Android 17...

I'm glad you posted this. One at a time..
  ~Carly

"Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions."
  ~David Borenstein

[This message has been edited by Child of the Stars (07-24-2002 01:59 PM).]

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
2 posted 2002-07-24 02:03 PM

Haha---heya Carly!!! ^_^

Hmmmmm...and yes---Cherish was a great gal. Especially on PiP, she always brought bubbliness ammoungst us depressed teens. Heh---her poetry was great too. It gave meaning to "metaphor"...Heh

But thank you Carly! Thank you very much!

~ Android 17

Others are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth...

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
3 posted 2002-07-24 11:09 PM

Alex, I like it my man, I like it. Raw, as I believe Carly said, open, unsure and excited and anzious all at the same time. Nice meter, by the way.

You never did email me on how your night went long back when we last talked... did you ever call her the next day?

I have to admit, it's been a while. Seems a bit... off, you know? Not talking. Anyhoo... well done.

Sincerely,
Titus

PS: Tell Cherish hello for me. I miss debating/bantering back and forth with her via exceedingly long emails. *grins*

As I'm out there, walking, searching, for myself, for you.... won't you join me? Let's walk this journey together.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
4 posted 2002-07-24 11:25 PM

Mmmm... syrup... LOL okay, back to the poem.

As much as my opinion counts, I think this is one of the better poems I've read from you. I'm not saying that the rest of your stuff is bad or anything, but I can't really remember a time when I absolutely HAD to read a poem of yours over and over just because it was so heartfelt and... I don't know... Raw doesn't seem to be the right word for me. It's YOU. I got a glimpse of the you that I haven't seen in a long time when I read this. I'm putting this one in my library. *hugs* for a work well done

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2002-07-25 01:41 AM

Syrup?

*grins*

Sincerely,
Titus

"They say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

-Chad Kroger

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
6 posted 2002-07-25 01:44 PM

Woah---thanks you all. Titus and Rhonda...thanks! (You too Carly) Although only three people came and replied to may poem (this is a NEW low for me -_-v) I'm so glad that it's the people who I know and love...and have helped me through the toughest of times.

Titus-

Thanks for being open about this! Hehe---and nice meter? Heh---and sorry for not mailing you! I've been soooooooo busy with work...and besides, my "ssvegeta" account it now officially dead. All mail shall be sent to "marionetteowl@hotmail.com" okays? Thanks buddy!

And for your own personal information---I never did get around to calling her...she called me! So yea...I got to tell her the conclusion I'd come to!

But yeah...next time you sign onto MSN we'll chat!

Rhonda-

Dearest, Rhonda...I'll wait untill you're done your syrup...

*waits* *waits* *it's done*

Mmm...you really think this is one the better? Awww, why thank you...^_^ But wow...there's not much I can say, except---thank you! Heh---and when you said, "I got a glimpse of the you that I haven't seen in a long time..."---mmmm, that statement doesn't settle right. Looks like I've got abit of soul searching to do.

Thanks y'all!!! ^_^

~ #17

Pollita
since 2002-07-25
Posts 220
the unknown realm of insanity
7 posted 2002-07-25 02:18 PM

I love your poem it's so beautiful...

I think that everyone has a bit of a pesimistic side to them...
I know thats how i am whenevr i tell a friend my true feelings!

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
8 posted 2002-07-25 02:29 PM

Haww---Delaney, you're so sweet! Thanks for showing up and posting! Y'know---I'm REALLY gald you did so! Hey...and Delaney...?

WELCOME TO PASSIONS IN POETRY, DELANEY!!!

I hope you make this place your home as much as we have...er---did! ^_^*

Pollita
since 2002-07-25
Posts 220
9 posted 2002-07-25 02:34 PM

Ya you really think i'm sweet?Cool!Thanks for the welcoming alex.ya and i'll try and makethis my home...Kinda hard to cuz i'm already at home...Ah well.I need a bit of help which peom should i submit???Theres too many to choose from!what do you peoples think?(referring to everyone that replied to alex's poem)
Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
10 posted 2002-07-25 04:51 PM

Hahaha---Delaney...they've yet to read your poems! Just post some up...you'll get some fans! And if not---I'LL MAKE THEM!!! *points a gun at Carly, Rhonda and Titus* Hehehe

Pollita
since 2002-07-25
Posts 220
11 posted 2002-07-25 06:58 PM

Ah alex,no one can say that your not careing about whats good for your friends...You care Just in a weird way...Jk.Thanks for all the positivity but so far your my only fan and it's the fans you start out with that mean the most!And i think you scareing your little friends that your pointing the gun at.

Ya i fear no one will like my poetry...Sometimes i don't even like my poems.Seriously alex did you like every poem i sent you so far?
And must not be as great as you say i am...
Or can i?

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
12 posted 2002-07-25 11:59 PM

Delaney, of course you're as great as I say you are! And you havem by fair the MOST potential ANY 12 year old has in poetry! And I DO mean that! *smiles* But just have faith in your poetry...because a poem reflects how you feel, and if what you feel is true---then the poem is true! It will only be good if you beleive it will be!

devil_tongue
since 2000-03-02
Posts 50

13 posted 2002-07-26 04:46 AM

Ahh Cherish. You've got to miss the other members too...

Anyway Alex, great piece. Think now...think.

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
14 posted 2002-07-26 10:06 AM

"devil_tongue" who are you? How do you know of Cherish...with only like---40 somewhat posts? I think I may know you!

devil_tongue
since 2000-03-02
Posts 50

15 posted 2002-07-26 10:27 AM

Look at the joining date, dear. I've been here a lot longer than you. Think now but don't say it out aloud.
Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
16 posted 2002-07-26 10:32 AM

I really liked this poem! I am at a loss for words right now. Ok, I really liked it, think I said that huh? Well I did.:-)

~*Riley*~

Android 17
since 2001-07-21
Posts 664
Winnipeg
17 posted 2002-07-26 11:47 AM

Thanks Riley! I really appreciate you coming here!

And DT---I'm still interested to at least know your name. You're somehow...familiar!

Purple Lightning
since 2002-07-28
Posts 9
Riding
18 posted 2002-07-28 01:16 AM

Who isn't familiar to you, Alex?
cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
19 posted 2003-02-19 01:29 AM

awww...i tired getting a song file on here....but.. it doesnt work!!

just reading this again, and i realised i never replied to it

schtill luv it!

[This message has been edited by cherish (02-19-2003 01:35 AM).]

rimmie
since 2002-08-09
Posts 45
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
20 posted 2003-02-28 12:13 PM

WOW Alex! I never knew about this piece...its excelent! One of the most heart felts ones I've seen from you. Too bad things didnt work out between the two of you...

~RuZ~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The Last Paragraph

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary