navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I have aged 1000 years
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I have aged 1000 years Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-02-16 03:39 PM

I have reached a point in my life where I look back at what I once was and stand there astonished...I can't believe that I was once that small, sheltered, naive person.  Where was I when I was growing up, I certainly didn't realize it.  One moment I still sat on my mothers lap, and now I sit here and realize, I'm no longer a child...Is there even the slightest bit of my child left inside of me, can I still get back to her in these times of madness?  Can I go back through her to fix the mistakes I made when I was young?  I was selfish enough to have thought I had  real problems, I realize now, that at least I had a childhood.  A childhood I wish I could go back to... Sometime when I was caught up in my own problems, and in my own world, real time passed, and I have aged 1,000 years.  

I have aged 1000 years
Time has passed me by
A year has been concealed
in every tear, fear, and lie

I have seen a lifetime
of sadness and of pain
Lived a life of childhood
when others have of vain

I have heard the stories
Of lives lived in hate
I have lived a life of comfort
never battled with my fate

I have looked upon my life
As I have lived it so far
And somehow time escaped me
Leaving memories and scars

They must have slipped me by
When my attention was elsewhere
For I have aged 1000 years
And finally I am aware

~LCBS

Exeryone makes mistake, learn from them and move on, because tomorrow we'll make more...

© Copyright 2002 Lisa Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-02-16 06:04 PM

the reality of growing up is hard....
when my life falls apart, the first thing I think of, is that I wish I could just climb up on my mom's lap and have her rock my cares away....Moms and rocking chairs = comfort and love I found out that she is still there, but now we talk at a completely different level, she still soothes and helps, but it's up to me to make things right....

sorry, I babble LOL

I love this poem

-Queth-
since 2002-02-10
Posts 35
Canada
2 posted 2002-02-16 10:57 PM

-LCBS-

What I really liked about this was the way you were aware of what the lives of others were like around the world, and how you are grateful, yet aware of how fortunate you are. Thank you for bringing the reality to us, and I hope others will see it too. -smile-

And though you probably haven't aged a thousand years physically, you have grown in wisdom of those much older than you. -smiles-

Q.u.e.t.h.

Everything in between...
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2002-02-17 12:10 PM

I really enjoyed this, LCBS. The way it's written is quite well done with the prose at the beginning then the actual piece. Really good of you. I've been keeping an eye on your pieces because i've found them to be rather good so keep writing. I'm enjoying them.

~AF~

::Most people never listen::
Ernest Hemingway

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2002-02-17 12:12 PM

I too looking back on my childhood dont feel like i appreciate it or was actually "there" enough for it if you know what i mean. I liked this piece a lot. I am shur a lot of people can relate to it..too bad we all cant appreciate what we have until its gone..

mE & cHrIsTiNe GaVe A WhOlE nEw mEaNiNg tO ThE wOrD "iNcOgNiTo"

TigerZ
since 2002-01-02
Posts 83
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2002-02-17 01:28 PM

=) another excellent poem...though ive not been through the majority of my life yet i can imagine what you mean

A life without loveā€¦is no life at all.

See me?
since 2002-02-13
Posts 93
UK
6 posted 2002-02-17 01:55 PM

This is a beautiful poem as i go through my childhood it makes me think that the problems i am facing (lost love, friends, fallouts, parents) are just part of growing up, they are big in my life at the moment but your poem makes me remember i have the rest of my life to live. Thank you. Love Clare xx
DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
7 posted 2002-02-17 06:21 PM

LCBS,

This is a beautiful poem, I must agree with everyone. It is good when we can look back as we grow older and see that maybe we didn't have things as rough as maybe someone else did.

Dawn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I have aged 1000 years

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary