navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » To Accept
Open Poetry #14
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Accept Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas

0 posted 2001-07-03 12:26 PM

Why is it always so hard to accept,
events which happen in such depths?
Sometimes I think we were given such strife,
to see how well we manage life.
Do we accept what is to be,
those happenings that come so naturally?

We risk our souls on love’s delight,
then walk away after losing the fight.
Mourning the fact we loved at all,
instead of accepting when all does fall.
To lose at love is not a sin,
only when we refuse to love again.

Accept the cards dealt, in life’s game,
and play to win without any shame.
You can’t look back at the losing pot,
accept the loss and give another shot.
We all have losses, that’s plain to see,
the key is to accept to finally become free.

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited 07-03-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Logan - All Rights Reserved
Poeminister
since 2000-02-26
Posts 1862
Regina SK; Canada
1 posted 2001-07-03 12:31 PM

Accepting something we don't want to and moving on is something we all face one point or another...wonderful writing and message.
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2001-07-03 09:26 AM

Logan, I agree, this is the only way to get through life. Though it can be hard.

"To lose at love is not a sin,
only when we refuse to love again."

I do live by that rule,because it is always worth whatever pain came about.

Peace
Sandra

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

3 posted 2001-07-03 09:36 AM

ah so nicely said and such a pearl of wisdom. Reminds me of what I read about the Chinese and how over their history they were invaded over and over but preserved their culture and themselves by assimilating the invaders..who numbered far fewer, and accepting the things brought in..and going on...

Enjoyed this Logan

Lady In White
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-12
Posts 2799
USA
4 posted 2001-07-03 09:40 AM

True wisdom here, Logan...we are given a new day, every day, and could consider it the first day of the rest of our life, instead of looking at it as just another day to fumble through...

we should learn to leave a message behind with each day, so that those that follow in our footsteps, or take other paths, will at least know...we were here...

and that we learned something....

but we should never leave the world behind us with any regret....for after all...

we had it in our hands for one day...

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
5 posted 2001-07-03 11:32 AM

Words of wisdom, my friend.  As always, however, it is relative to an individual's "stage in life", for it is one thing to even "get it", intellectually;   it's another to have the desire to do as you recommend;  and it is yet another thing to truly live daily the words you speak.  You can give a person a set of tools and even show them how they are to be used, but you can't force them to build a house...  Enjoyed your wisdom, as always.

-MVS

"If you think you know it all, you have a lot to learn."

"Everyone can hear;  few can listen."

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
6 posted 2001-07-03 03:10 PM

Wise words written beautifully, Logan... I just wish it was easier... regrets just keep ripping a heart apart.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2001-07-03 03:13 PM

aw..Logan, can't I rant, rave, and cry first?   Or maybe I'll just stick to writing poetry. Very true words here, my gentle friend!
Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas
8 posted 2001-07-03 04:39 PM

Thank you Poeminister for your kind words and being here for the read. I appreciate them very much..gentle smile

Ahh, Sandra, so true..if we are afraid to love again, then we are existing, not living..very gentle smile

Thank you, Cpat, your words always tend to encourge my efforts..Appreciate you being here..gentle smile

Lady, gentle smile, your pearls of wisdom far outshadow mine, as always..Thank you so much for being here and adding to this so very well

As always, Mark, your eloquence is a lesson in itself. Always appreciate your read and thoughts..gentle smile

Suthern, gentle smile, of course it is not easy, if it were, we would all go with a smile on our face, but it CAN be done, take my word on it...thank you for your words and being here.

Ahhh, Serenity, *grin* of course you can rant and rave a bit, and even cry a tear or two, but then, tough one, you will live life large in your own wonderful style..Thank you for being here..very gentle smile

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2001-07-03 06:36 PM

but, what if I don't like my hand Logan??  Can't I just get some new cards???

well done with this one. . .great words. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Logan
since 2001-05-28
Posts 1641
Arkansas
10 posted 2001-07-03 06:52 PM

Sven, *big grin* haven't you ever heard of bluff and still win the big pot?...gentle smile
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » To Accept

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary