navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Mermaids Serenade
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mermaids Serenade Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2001-05-17 08:35 AM

Mermaids Serenade
By: Noah Eaton
2/9/01

Watching the sun go down as I sit on the bank above the ocean, on the savannah seaside
My feet sprinkled in the apricot sand, kissed by the meek morning low tide
Tall peach trees tower behind me, tropical majesties cradled in the favonian
An archipalego of shaddocks sway out in the distance, as I take a bite out of an organic peach

The stickiness of the peach drips from my lips, I wipe it away with the back of my wrist
I close my eyes, let my lips kiss the azure sky, as I breathe the jasmine ocean air
As the pinnate waves of the turquoise ocean break gently like a waving velvet blanket
Illustrious abyss breathing beneath, filling my soul with it’s mysterious wonders

The skies get grayer, and a soft rain begins to fall, quickly falling harder with a misty pina coloda smell
I unfolded my umbrella and raised it above my head, only to feel a strong gust of wind sweep me off my feet
Like a feather waving in the sky, I swiftly rock above the ocean, an acrobat losing balance
I felt scared, wondering how I could ever get into this mess, but there was this premonition I had, one of comfort

I looked below, and saw the ocean begin to rise, scared to see a hurricane begin to develop
Only getting closer and feeling less scared, as it pulled me in gently, turquoise, jade, sapphire clouds shining
The eye of the hurricane winked at me, astonished I was, looking into this opal marble, mesmerized in this phenomenon
Natures fey stealing my breath away, as I crash into the stained glass lens of the hurricane gently

My umbrella, my consciousnesses hang-glider, levitates me into the Illustrious Abyss
I let go of it, my whole body underwater, breathing the sweet water like one I never tasted
I vanish into a magic mirror in the mother oysters shell, lathered in the moonlight from above
I fall through the mirror and out the otherside, high-flown upon the orange coral road of the Enchanted Ocean Palace

The soft road I walk barefoot upon is shaded by a coral jungle, fairies of the sea lighting the bed
I swim into a mysterious cave, watching as fleets of sea horses and unicorn dolphins pass me by
The cave is warm, pearl lanterns décor the lustrous granite walls, oceans rainbows gleaming in patterns
I swim out the other mouth of the cave, and there before me stood the Atlantis Gardens, watching as mermaids swim to and fro

I see little palmettos swaying about, walls sparkling in many different colors
Phlox flowers with calyxs filled with pearls covering them, starfish resting upon them, as fish sing to each other in this special world
I begin to hear a siren song now, the most pure voice I had ever heard
Lost in my sense of direction, I decide to find out where it’s coming from, the Alluring Overtow sweeping me to the voice

I am carried away to a beautiful coral garden under starfish-studded surface, where I saw a beautiful mermaid singing to the dolphins, looking up to above
She slowly lowers her head, then turns her head over her shoulder, smiling, and she hurries and swims toward me
She was beautiful, with long sky blue hair waving across the water, blue eyes looking into mine, silver-purple fins waving behind her
I smile, now knowing that mermaids really do exist, and I was looking into the eyes of the most beautiful one

She puts her hands on my shoulders and tells me she loves me and dreamed of me and took me here because she wanted me
I couldn’t stop looking at her, she was breathtakingly gorgeous, speaking with such heart
And she begins to sing her mermaids serenade
And the beauty of her voice reverberates from the walls

“Shadowed over these briny serene waters
Blue as the spring sky
You dived into my world from the heavens
Falling in my heart, driven in with my kiss of desire
Crepuscule of longing has timelapsed, our beginning together has just begun
I finally have you now,…my love…”

She puts her hands on my cheeks, pausing for just one brief moment, pulling me and her face to face

“In my heart you sing, the dolphin that forever swims in me
I share my loves world with you, in this abyss of romance!
Kiss me…my love!”

I put my hands on her face and she pulls me in to kiss her lips
Love shining in these coral gardens, the waters whispering hearts words
My fear replaced by complete happiness, that this all is my best mistake come a dream come true
Moaning and sighing, as bubbles of passion escape from our mouthes, floating up to the surface

Her lips escape mine gently, and she sighs and says, “Oh, your lips taste so sweet and lovely!”
As she holds me again and her lips again meet mine, tasting the sweet peach residue sticking upon them
I moan in her kisses “Oh love, my love!” as she gently lays me on the soft sand, love expressed in lovers breath
I am completely happy I fell into her world now, wishing to stay forever and share my love forever with her, my dream love

She gently pulls her lips away, looking down at my legs, as I look down with her to notice they have become light green and blue fins
My mouth opens, I can’t believe it, seeing I had become one in her ocean world of love, knowing this is true love
I kiss her again, as we swim up into the waters, and I hold her hand as we look at each other, most happy
As we swim off into the many magical places of the Illustrious Abyss, with a new shared love to cherish forever

© Copyright 2001 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

1 posted 2001-05-17 10:32 AM

Noah, just beautiful........*s*

On the wings of words our spirits fly....and our souls are free.
~Me~

Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
2 posted 2001-05-17 07:06 PM

You wrote this awhile ago, but it is beautiful on any day.  The colors, the flavors, the scent, the sounds, the feelings... I could go on and on.  This is truly beautiful.  ME
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2001-05-20 06:06 AM

This is fantastic Noah...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Mermaids Serenade

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary