navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » You Know?
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic You Know? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia

0 posted 2001-04-11 03:28 PM

Do you know how it is
When all you want is to fade away?
When all your feelings are dead,
Because hunger is all you feel?
When the world turns black everytime you move?
When the scale is your best friend and your enemy?
When you feel completley alone and isolated?

Do you know how it is,
To feel guilty after every bite you eat?
To be afraid someone heard you after leaving the toilet?
To hate your reflection in the mirror?
To cancel a date with friend,
Because you feel to uncomfortable to go out?
To know that it' s wrong what you are doing,
But you can't stop it anymore?

Do you know how all this is?
No?
Then how can you say
You know what I' m going through?

--Marie

"Hope is a thing with feathers that perches in the soul."  --Emily Dickinson

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer Floyd - All Rights Reserved
coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

1 posted 2001-04-11 07:27 PM

Good job.
I can't say that I know, Marie.
But please try to believe that you have made me understand.
Hang in there.  

"I hate quotes, they suck!"
I.G. Norance

wandering glider
since 2001-04-04
Posts 501
aloft
2 posted 2001-04-11 08:57 PM

Marie,
No, I don't know how it is.  Who could, who hasn't been there.  But I do know about lifelong loneliness and rejection, although mine might come from a different place than yours.  I'm curious, where does yours come from?

wg

\\
~====}:
      //

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
3 posted 2001-04-12 05:09 PM

Yes, I do know, from a witness' stand point. I had a friend with anorexia and it killed her in the end, and destroyed her family, she was 16.  I hope you find the strength to heal from this pain, to know that you are wonderful in ways so much more than physical and that you are able to live with that and prosper. My thoughts are for you,  
Oh, and very good poem.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
4 posted 2001-04-13 01:31 AM

fading away,
I don't believe anyone can know exactly  what you are feeling even if they have been there. That is why I can only offer HuGS and support through a listening ear if you need it.
Kethry

Those of us who refuse to risk and grow get swallowed up by life.  Patty Hansen.

allis4angel
since 2001-04-10
Posts 82
Portugal
5 posted 2001-04-14 07:11 AM

Some years ago someone told me:
"You must be up when you are up.
You must be up when you are down."
I'll be here, waiting for your next post about "up when down".

The poem, itself, it’s very good.

Fading Away
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
6 posted 2001-04-17 01:56 AM

Thank you everyone for your comments.  I really aprreciate it.  It means a lot to me.

--Marie

subconsciously, i think i can eat so much to make my stomach hurt, instead of my heart.

Kicking Kim
since 2001-04-16
Posts 426
Cloud Cucko Land!
7 posted 2001-04-27 06:30 PM

This is a brilliant poem, I can't say I know how you feel but if you have read my poem "The Diary Of A Dying Soul?" I'm sure you will relate to that too, I am very interested in the disorders Anorexia Nervosa and Bulemia and these are what the poem is based on! I try and try to understand the psychology of it but I cannot even begin to imagine the effects of the mind.

Hope you are able to beat it! *Hugs you*

^*~Kicking Kim~*^

"Theres no posession, just obsession and growing depression"

[This message has been edited by Kicking Kim (edited 04-27-2001).]

Ginners
since 2000-07-22
Posts 339
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
8 posted 2001-04-27 09:59 PM

Yeah i know, and it sucks and no one understands but they think that they all do.

"I'll build a wall if we can keep them on the other side"---NIN
"There is no always forever, just this"-the cure

Linc
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
9 posted 2001-05-08 01:15 PM

Hey Babe,

ULI   I loved the poem your so very talented!! You know I am here all the time (us techies have no lives remember   ) I will talk you you later ULI until your next masterpeice

-- Linc

"Once you reach your original goal it seems that the journey was your real accomplishment."

Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
10 posted 2001-05-08 01:20 PM

one can never exactly know what the other feels, but I do know that there is a greater power out there who created us all, just remember that, you are in my prayers.
FlyingCloud
since 2003-04-28
Posts 151
A little place inside my head
11 posted 2003-05-20 03:46 PM

I can relate well to this. My mom constantly picks apart everything I do, making it seem as though I'm always wrong. I love this poem!

Always remember to forget
The friends that proved untrue.
But never forget to remember
Those who have stuck by you.
-Anon

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
12 posted 2003-05-29 09:34 AM

Hugs galore go out to you, m'dear. I've missed you and your writing...you're not alone on this no matter how badly you feel that you are. Our boats are painted in the same colours and, dare I say it, our thoughts sound the same.

You've penned your thoughts beautifully with a great level of emotion. Email me at some point. Your other email isn't working and I've been trying to get in contact with you again. My one hasn't changed so if you get around to it/feel like it send forth electronic love.

Take care, ok?

~AF~

I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.

a_hollowman
since 2003-05-30
Posts 30
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
13 posted 2003-05-30 03:23 PM

its deep... reminiscing with the dark desires hidden in most. i feel no direct link to, as you said, but it still coincides with some parts of me. its is inspiring though, great poem!
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
14 posted 2003-05-31 02:00 AM

Sometimes we know, sometimes we don't, mostly we just try to understand, but I think we always feel! Well done!

And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand ~ Bernie Taupin

PoetOfDarkness2002
since 2002-12-06
Posts 41
Lost in my dissociative unrealistic world
15 posted 2003-05-31 06:48 AM

Sadly, i do know....I have had ana/mia for years now....fighting it on and off...right now i am in a full blown state of it....i do know whats its like to look into the mirror and hate whats staring back at u...i know what its like to basically live by a toilet bowl...to have a scale ur best friend....its not fun....and i hope u can get better and get away from it....i somewhat hope i do someday....**hugs** if u want them....it is a good poem and struck me close to home....u r talented....i hope to see more of ur work..

~*Manda*~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
16 posted 2003-05-31 04:23 PM

Good writing...no better way to get some insight then to read the writing of someone that knows...james
laurie
since 2003-05-28
Posts 153
canada, ontario
17 posted 2003-06-02 01:42 AM

l don't know why lm replying to this other than the fact that it touched me somehow... l'm not bulemic, or anorexic, but l wish l could say that l was, cause then maybe people wouldn't look at me quite so weird - u see, l starve myself, when l'm stressed out, and though l know it's not the same, soemtimes the affecst are bad. physically, and emotionally... l've ticked everyone l love, or think l should, with this (l've been really depressed for about 8 months now,) and l'm losing weight cause of it... hmmm thats a good thing aint it?
anyway, l just wanted to say that someone out htere does understand, even if they don't know, and you... l don't know. l guess you helped me, for a moment in time... wish l could eat more...
laurie. btw: this is really good...
god l'm shaking....

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
18 posted 2003-06-05 12:34 PM

aw honey...

laurie
since 2003-05-28
Posts 153
canada, ontario
19 posted 2003-06-05 06:48 PM

sorry... didn't mean to get all depressed on everyone... really good poem though. ( l was depressed the other day when l replied..)
laurie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » You Know?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary