navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » My Heart and Soul
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Heart and Soul Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OpaqueView
since 2003-04-16
Posts 9
North Carolina

0 posted 2003-04-16 07:16 PM

My Heart and Soul

She handles the knife, thinking about her misery and unbearable strife. Thinking about her reputation that she conveys, the shameful image she portrays. Wanting to ease the pain, she slices away at her arm. Feeling that she is doing more good then harm, she goes deeper, slower, and prolongs the pain. Shes already used to the feeling, why not experience it again? She slits along the middle of her torso, in a fierce uncontrollable rage. Fondling the incision with a smile of contentment, she prys open her rib cage. Peering resentfully at her stillbeating heart, she ripped it out and the restitution began. She stabbed it once for letting her down in a time of need, it settled her burning sensation, to see her heart bleed. She reached into herself and pulled out her soul, she resented it with a vengance, for being so weak and confused. "If you were any stronger, I would not have been bruised, I would not have been abused." "I had to end my existence, and stop my misery, I blame you, my heart and soul, for putting me through this agony." With those words said she closed her eyes, there was much content in her dying. There was no sense in her existence...or even put a foot forth trying.

RiP to my Heart and Soul
P.Angel 3/21/03

© Copyright 2003 Jelisa Millsaps - All Rights Reserved
Jessica
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-28
Posts 350
South AL
1 posted 2003-04-16 08:17 PM

First of all, Welcome to Passions!! And second... That was unbelieveable! I can't express to you how much I felt every single word of that piece.  You are a great poet and I certainly hope to see more of your work.  The way you portrayed the pain and agony leaves me speechless.  I felt this much....

~Jessa

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
2 posted 2003-04-16 11:24 PM

Awe, this is so dark & sad, beautifully written!! I think this would be easier to read if it was typed out in lines tho!! Either way it brought tears to my eyes!! Hope to see more of your talent soon!!!

ELMO

OpaqueView
since 2003-04-16
Posts 9
North Carolina
3 posted 2003-04-16 11:41 PM

Aww well thank u guys...thanks for the suggestion. Very helpful...

P.Angel

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
4 posted 2003-04-17 11:44 PM

Fullest symapthy to that person, however, forum rules don't allows poems of self harm or any violence like cutting. Great as this poems is, it might be removed...

[This message has been edited by IcyFlamez89 (04-17-2003 11:44 PM).]

OpaqueView
since 2003-04-16
Posts 9
North Carolina
5 posted 2003-04-18 01:44 AM

thats fine...
tornskirt
since 2003-03-30
Posts 87

6 posted 2003-04-19 08:37 PM

absolutely amazing. keep it up...

never leave the light on if you don't want to be found

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » My Heart and Soul

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary