navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Hmmmm....need help!
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hmmmm....need help! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)

0 posted 2002-12-03 07:48 PM

I'm really unsure of this piece...wrote it last night at about 2230, so I haven't had time to edit it. Lemme know what this piece reminds you of--trying to describe something but unsure as to whether it comes across or not...#^_^#

----------------------------------------------------

"Drowning"

Drown my sorrows
In your sweet laughter
That rolls off strings
Of wooden angels
Mixing with the sound
Of cherub¡¦s giggling
With the steady beat
Of time ticking by

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  "Hello.  Can't work today, still queer." (If only...>; P)

© Copyright 2002 Carson - All Rights Reserved
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
1 posted 2002-12-03 07:59 PM

Well I think it is wonderful

I'll tell you what I saw from it,

your troubles melt away as you listen to the warm laughter of someone ..you love.. and time ticks by yet seems endless...

Well not sure if thats what you meant by it, but I'm not sorry if I saw what you didn't feel becayse I felt something wonferful by it.
Made me smile.

keep it up,
Always, GG

-And so it was that time stood still-

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
2 posted 2002-12-03 08:13 PM

I never thought of looking at it in that sense, which is one of the reasons why I love to write: Other people help expose the many levels that are involved in writing. I can definitely see and relate to where you feel that way, and you certainly aren't wrong! And it would work, as I wrote this piece shortly after talking to my best friend (whom I also have a crush on...oops!). When I wrote it I was listening to an anime soundtrack that had a lot of instrumental songs on it--predominately orchestra. For me, music and writing helps me relax and think a lot more clearly. OH! Ahahahaha!! Another meaning for this piece: Remembering past conversations/thoughts while writing...Sorry. I'm rambling and feeling really, really, reallllllllly creative right now.

Thanks for your kind words!

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  "Hello.  Can't work today, still queer." (If only...>; P)

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
3 posted 2002-12-04 06:38 AM

tick, tick, tick,
time clicks away...
live for today.........

sounds like your lovesong to your guitar.......something like that........

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

4 posted 2002-12-07 09:32 PM

Kinda reminds me of one of the nice things about having friends:  You can just go and have fun with them when your own life is getting too harsh.  U can unwind with them and let their laughter and fun drown your sorrows.  I also have to admire your title.  It's so ironic that you would pick a title like drowning, with all its negetive connotations, and then write a poem about drowning the negetive in the positive.  

However, I must ask you what your mean by strings of wooden angels.  If you're having a hard time interpreting this poem with angels in it then I think we have something in common.  I wrote a story /pip/Forum15/HTML/001147.html
in which I featured a stone angel.  To this day I still don't know why I chose to have one in it...

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
5 posted 2002-12-07 10:49 PM

The wooden angels, when interpreted in the sense of an orchestra, represents stringed-instruments, but I have no clue as to what it could represent when interpreted as spending time w/friends or whatnot. Hmmm...maybe I should re-word this piece...

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

6 posted 2002-12-07 11:33 PM

Wooden angels and orchestra...  Hah!  U learn something every day.  I did no know that.  That's a great metaphor.  Well then that really helps put this poem into perspective.  Perhaps you stringed instruments serve to boost the idea of "drowning out."  The joyous sound also drowns out the sorrows.  Wow.  This poem twists and turns every minute!

Oh, and I've written the next three parts to the series in Prose.  But now I'm stuck.  They should be under the prose section of my view posts link.  Looks like we're both having a bit of literary trouble, lol.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

[This message has been edited by fractal007 (12-07-2002 11:51 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Hmmmm....need help!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary