navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » "Rain"
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic "Rain" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)

0 posted 2002-10-01 11:52 PM

I wrote this bit because one of my favourite things to do when I'm really feeling down/stressed/ticked off is to walk during a thunderstorm...very relaxing....(for me, anyway). So....yeah. Gimme some suggestions please!!

----------------------------------------------------

"Rain"

Tenderly kissing
Black bruises
Drowing the world
In sweet silence
Burrowing through
A black jacket
Slowly absorbed by
Pale, scarred skin
Gently washing away
Painful thoughts
Always comforting
Rust-coloured tears

© Copyright 2002 Carson - All Rights Reserved
Zall
since 2002-08-25
Posts 214
London, England
1 posted 2002-10-02 02:24 AM

Great stuff DEG

Zall

nolon
since 2002-09-25
Posts 20
Louisiana,Unitedstates
2 posted 2002-10-02 05:24 AM

Im not sure how much works here,but if you accept critcism let me know then i will tell you the part that i want speak about now. However i did like the poem. No doubt it was great! I love rain and wished there was a slow drip of it every day and a storm every friday.
nolon
since 2002-09-25
Posts 20
Louisiana,Unitedstates
3 posted 2002-10-02 05:25 AM

I wanted to also say i like your choice in words.
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

4 posted 2002-10-02 03:19 PM

My only question in the poem is Black bruises. Are bruises really black? Or should it be Tenderly kissing/browning bruises?

Otherwise, very much enjoyed the rain.

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
5 posted 2002-10-02 11:49 PM

Absolutely!! Criticize me however you want...I need major advice with my work, so I would definitely appreciate any constructive criticism. Umm...I didn't wanna use "purple bruises," as that would throw off the beat, so I went with black. I guess bruises really aren't black....hmmm...must re-think this....
Thanks for the advice/comments!! Hope I'll be able to post some more stuff...if I ever get the time!! Ehhh.....>; P

"Am assured,receptive,responsive women of substance. My sense of self comes not from other people but from myself? That can't be right." Bridget Jones

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2002-10-05 11:05 AM

Well, many people do refer to bruises as black and blue, so black will do.
Walking in the rain can be a healing activity, unless of course you get caught in a hail storm, which would likely bring on more bruising. Interesting read. Keep writing, maybe you can make time for a short senryu or haiku?

D edgar Grey
since 2002-08-21
Posts 174
Hell...(aka Wisconsin)
7 posted 2002-10-05 11:20 AM

Ooh: Haiku!! I love working on Haiku...except I can't submit any of my pieces...oops!! What is the other one?
Thanks!
Ja.

"Am assured,receptive,responsive women of substance. My sense of self comes not from other people but from myself? That can't be right." Bridget Jones

Succubus
since 2002-09-30
Posts 82
Canada, Ontario
8 posted 2002-10-05 11:49 AM

Liked the poem a lot.  I've never been out during a storm, but I have been out when it was rainning out.  I find it relaxing, and rain has a way of washing your worries away... thanx for reminding me to take that walk next time it rains...
Great Poem

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
9 posted 2002-10-06 04:45 PM

I don't know, I kinda like the black bruises. It's goes with the feel of the poem. The bruises could appear black to one in the midst of melancholy. Nice work. Enjoyed.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » "Rain"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary