navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Excuse
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Excuse Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2002-08-21 07:18 PM

To the "paralized" youth who, through no fault of their own, are standing still enjoying themselves and their dope, convinced and convincing themselves that nothing can be done about the society we've all created and continue to create.  Enjoy.  

Since I cannot find a good real reason to maintain my
head's position stuck at the bottom of this smoking pot
I will take advantage of my postmodern music.

You see, I really am depressed and unable to go on.
See, the music and media say so.
So I guess it's okay for me to waste away my mind.

The thrills are cheap,
the despair's a shield,
and life is going great
behind my postmodern
facial facade.

P.S.

I know these aren't my words.
The person speaking them is
gagged with fear.
His family's drifting apart
while I enjoy my trips to
nowhere.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

© Copyright 2002 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
brian sites
since 2002-06-25
Posts 1475
usa
1 posted 2002-08-23 01:00 AM

a wry write
and understood
unfortunately
cause I was there
once
or twice
BS

I never aimed at reality; I aimed at truth. --Orson Welles

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2002-08-23 01:25 AM

I do understand these words that echo down that famous river...um...you know..de nile?

Unfortunately, there are no simple answers. Life, like death, is a very personal interpretation of poetry.

It's very good to see ya here, frac. Enjoyed this much--um...lemme know when it's too much? (couldn't resist...chuckle)

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

3 posted 2002-08-23 04:35 PM

Thankyou all for the replies.  I had to get this out of my system.  A family member of mine is struggling with drugs, and it seems that the music this individual is listening to, and the culture he/she is exposed to are not helping much.  The two factors seem more a breeding ground for psychological excuses, such as depression and hopelessness, rather than an actual help to people needing to find some meaning and goal in life.  It has really been annoying me for some time that these people just go on about depression and meaninglessness without actually trying to find something of worth to do with their own lives, other than just drugs...

Anyhow, thanks.  

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Excuse

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary