navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » heartless sleeve
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic heartless sleeve Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Brandon
since 2001-03-04
Posts 5
Pennsylvania

0 posted 2001-03-04 08:05 PM

i've never written a poem before until early this morning when i couldn't sleep. i know that i'm in love with my best friend's girlfriend. he does nothing but make her cry and i do nothing but make her happy. she has told me this time and time again. last night it just really got to me and i ended up writing my first poem ever. here it is.

i wore my heart
on my sleeve.
it held on tight
when it was in need.

it went away
to my best friend.
a love i know
will never end.

now here i lay
without that heart.
the only one left
is torn apart.

tell me what you think of this.

-brandon

[This message has been edited by Brandon (edited 03-04-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Brandon Eckenrode - All Rights Reserved
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
1 posted 2001-03-04 08:19 PM

Let me be the first to christin your poem!! =) Wait did I spell that right? anyways I'm no good with spelling atm:P but I love your poem, honestly I do, I look forward to reading more, wonderful how you put your feelings out in this poem, maybe someday you can share it with her, she'd love it trust me but I know it's tough..well I should go before I ramble on!! Keep them coming

Tmd,
Kristen

"Let me be the one you call, if you jump I'll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night"

~Crash and Burn~

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-03-04 09:17 PM

Hey, this is your first poem, you say?
So you joined Passions in Poetry after writing your very first... that is truly fascinating. I can't wait to see the product of a poet reared here from infancy.
This piece was well done... I can see it was your first, but I by no means say that in a bad way. It just gives you a lot of room to work on, I assume you have much to learn, and learn you shall in the arms of the good people here.
Welcome to Passions. And welcome to the concept of poetry.
I can't wait to see more from you.
~Allan

Stupidity makes the world go around...and people like us laugh. ~~Elizabeth, to Allan

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-03-04 10:05 PM

Welcome to Passions!
I surely hope you decide to stay here for a long time so we may be able to see you grow within the art of poetry.
I thought that this was great for your first poem. God knows that my first poem was nowhere as good as yours.
You have some beautiful thoughts here, quite sad though. The situation is a toughy.
Good luck with it!
Oh and dude, help me out here.....I promise a pal of mine to help him with his forum. You gotta go check out Teen Explorer.....ask for Walt, he's got cake!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 03-04-2001).]

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2001-03-04 10:13 PM

Hey this is great, especially for a first. Okay well Welcome to Passions, hope you like it here. Now, the situtation...obviously very tough. Good luck with it...if you need to talk I'm here
Smile, keep these up
Bel

"And you're my obsession
I love you to the bones
And Ana wrecks your life
Like an anorexia life"
- "Ana's Song", Silverchair

Brandon
since 2001-03-04
Posts 5
Pennsylvania
5 posted 2001-03-04 10:32 PM

thank you for responding to my first poem. last evening when i was torn i didn't know what to do. as i was searching for something i came across netpoets.com and that led me to try and write a poem. writing that short poem helped me more than i ever though it would. i've never been a reader or a writer of any sorts but i like this.

thanks

-Brandon

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-03-05 09:08 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!

It's good to see that you've decided to join our family of poets here in Passions for Poetry. Hope you do enjoy as we all do. Please check you email

Your poem is obviously straight from the heart. Can't wait to see more of your future work. Don't worry about your situation right now, things will get in place. thanks for sharing

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Angel Bee
since 2001-01-30
Posts 176
Virginia
7 posted 2001-03-05 09:13 PM

this was a good poem, keep writing.
Elvenblood
since 2001-02-17
Posts 409
Maine, USA
8 posted 2001-03-06 08:21 AM

Oh this is actually very good, particularly for a first poem! I look forward to reading more, I hope I get the chance.

"Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not." ~RFK

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
9 posted 2001-03-06 06:22 PM

Welcome to Passions
Good job on this first post! Your poem is good, I hope you stay here and show us more poems that we'll force you to write

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"
"Life's short. If you don't look around once in a while you might miss it."
BothUnknown

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
10 posted 2001-03-06 06:25 PM

for a first poem this was amazing. The sistuation your in isnt great, but i think all will work out.
Welcome to passions!your work is going to be very well liked here.
Regina

Tears of Glass
since 2000-12-04
Posts 182
Physically? VA.... Mentally? I'm not quite sure
11 posted 2001-03-06 09:51 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS

Beautiful first poem! Thanks for the great read.. and keep em coming.. I'm going to like you

*Jennifer

"My nightmare isn't fearing what I dream... It's waking up, knowing what I'll see."

Kicking Kim
since 2001-04-16
Posts 426
Cloud Cucko Land!
12 posted 2001-04-17 07:16 AM

Hey Brandon,

I'm a new member too and I thought that your poem was very good, it means a lot because there is true meaning behind it all.  Good luck with getting the girl, I know its tough but I'm sure she'd open her heart to you if you read this poem to her.  

Truly Appreciative
^*~Kicking Kim~*^

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
13 posted 2001-04-17 07:49 AM

this is really great! hey she'll come to her sensers! just you wait, thats all you can really do.
keep it up
~kate

'Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.'

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
14 posted 2001-04-17 09:45 AM

Hey Brandon, Welcome to Passions !!! a great first poem nevermind a first post!!! Well I hope you enjoy your time here and I look forward to more of your work... I would not worry about your bestfriends girlfriend... I was in a similar situatuion and I ended going out with her... anyway hope your poetry pulls you through

Dopey why on earth would their be cake in Teen explorer?

<<<_Andrew_>>>

" No Army can conquer a galaxy, yet faith alone can overturn the universe."

E-mail/Msn: Targetmrzu@hotmail.com

Heavens Tears
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

15 posted 2001-04-17 10:13 AM

Great job!  Welcome to Passions!

*If the only place I can live my dreams is in my sleep, then I'll sleep forever!*

Linc
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
16 posted 2001-04-17 12:26 PM

Hey,

Welcome to Passions! I posted my first poem here to I had never written a poem in my life until my friend got me started here reading her work and others. I hope you stay here and write more I am looking forward to seeing more of your work. Until your next poem

-- Linc

"Once you reach your original goal it seems that the journey was your real accomplishment."

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
17 posted 2001-04-17 02:52 PM

Welcome to passions!!  wow, this is incredible for it being the first poem you've ever written, you expressed your emotions really well.  writing always helps in situations like this, and it looks like you have a lot of potential so i really hope you keep at it.  welcome again, i look forward to reading more of your work.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

Hand Me Down
since 2001-04-08
Posts 32
WV
18 posted 2001-04-17 02:59 PM

Dude, this poem is deep, I really liked it. Let me tell you, right now I am in a similar situation, strange huh. Hope to see more!

"Cause I can't fix something this complex anymore than I can build a rose"

Child of the Stars
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
19 posted 2001-04-17 03:14 PM

WELCOME!This was a really terrific first poem...You really got the situation and your thoughts on paprt (screen, whateva) very well...Poetry's nice eh? Welcome to Passions, welcome to poetry. I hope you fall in love with both.
  ~Carly

There are pleasures in poetic pains that only poets know......~Unknown

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
20 posted 2001-04-17 10:12 PM

Oh did I say there was cake?
I LIED!

Well....you can still go to the explorer and look around. You're bound to find Jenn Cerricone's kissing booth  

lonely*soul
since 2001-04-05
Posts 396
east haddam (moodus) ct :)
21 posted 2001-04-17 10:42 PM

ok well this was short simple and still leaves ya asking what happened (or maybe my mind is just stuck in soap opera mode)  neways i truley do like this one!! great first job..hope to see more of your work and oh yeah...

welcome to passions  

" im surrounded by people, but yet im still all alone"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
22 posted 2001-04-18 12:04 PM

Hey!!! And welcome to Passions!!!! For your first poem ever written i have to say you picked this up rather naturally! Seems like your definately in a tough situation...i hope that things work out in the end tho. Maybe you should be with her if you friend only makes her cry. Please do keep us updated on this one!! LoL N e way im really glad that you decided to join us and keep on posting!! Your very talented and you didnt even know it!! I cant wait to see what else you have in store.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » heartless sleeve

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary