navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Yes I Am A Cheerleader...
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Yes I Am A Cheerleader... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada

0 posted 2001-06-08 12:04 PM

Yes I am a cheerleader,
But I'm not some ditsy blonde.
I just want to do my thing,
And cheer my home team on.

Plaeze don't call me a whore,
Because that I'm truly not.
You are just mad,
Cause your girlfriend ain't this hot!

And girls, don't be mad,
When you boys didgets be slippen,
That ain't no reason,
To throw a fit and start trippin.

Just let me shake my booty,
And wear my sassy clothes.
So what if your boy is taking me out,
and spending all his dough.

Don't blame me,
cause you didn't make the squad.
I guess you just wern't "good enough,"
You just don't have "the bod."

I'm not saying were better than you,
Were just good at what we do.
So pleaze don't be hating,
Because we ain't hating you.

So come to the football games,
But don't be nasty to me.
I did nothing nothing to,
Don't run your mouth to me,
Cause girl, what are you trying to prove?

~NOTE~ I didn't write this poem to offend anyone!!!
So I'm sorry if I have. I'm just sick of being a cheerleader and getting hated on!  We are good at what we do and we love doin what we do so let us be!

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
Whatever tomorrow b

© Copyright 2001 Ashley - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-06-08 12:40 PM

tell them Ashley!!!!...*holds up the p...* ummm...wait! ...hehehe...but yea this does get tiring...esp the tiring people who keep on getting you tired which you think if they would be stop being tiring so much but they just are so you always get tired of the way they tire peoples...isnt that what you trying to say? ...and you wrote it well and offened?!...whoi?...me?...not at all...but instead enjoyed the read and writing this reply ...bye Ashley

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

HVNsnt82086
since 2001-06-05
Posts 30
United States
2 posted 2001-06-08 03:02 AM

wow, looks like "bring it on" inspired someone! haha! great job, i really enjoyed it!  keep up the great work!!

"So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong, and you'll finally see the truth...that a hero lies in you." *~Mariah Carey- Hero~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
3 posted 2001-06-08 08:21 AM

well......ummm......cheerleaders....hmmmm......i have no comments

This was a very strong piece.

Regina

the_rescue
since 2001-05-23
Posts 316
Japan
4 posted 2001-06-08 09:44 AM

good poem, nice expression and such.  

in the silence of the night I hear angels voices singing your name oh how beautiful is your name as they sing over and over.  (SPOKEN)

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

5 posted 2001-06-09 11:06 PM

I used to contemplate being a cheerleader, as people used to tell me all the time I had the voice(lol!).  But then this whole thing kicked in....and, excuse me for saying, all hell broke loose.  But one thing- I don't know about you, but when my guy looks at other girls- that I KNOW are skinnier and prettier than me, I don't hate, I just get depressed(but look at my mindset huh?) Lol, good poem, made alotta sense.

Bel

"And you're my obsession
I love you to the bones
And Ana wrecks your life
Like an anorexia life"
- "Ana's Song", Silverchair

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-06-09 11:22 PM

I thought this was kind of typical cheerleadery....ack....this kind of annoyed me:"So what if your boy is taking me out,
and spending all his dough."

Yea, who cares if somebody's boyfriend is taking you out instead of his GF and spending all the money.
Maybe you placed that in there for ryhme, but c'mon Ash....you know I love ya but yer only asking for it in this poem. You want to not be hated....so just write about how cheerleadering is soley about CHEERING not the stereotypical boyfriend stealer, ditzy, popular, trashy cheerleader cuz i KNOW yer not like that  
I enjoyed this poem though! Thought it was good.....i just wanted to be honest...and I hope I wasn't coming off as rude or mean   You know I care.....I just worry about how you're coming across within the poem
Mua mua....hope to see more soon.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

fozzyozzy
since 2001-03-15
Posts 336
Lessburg Virginia
7 posted 2001-06-10 01:27 AM

Hey some of my best friends are cheerleaders.  pink letters...hmmm...great poem by the way.  Go school spirit

"This is cactus land!!!"-T.S.Eliot

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
8 posted 2001-06-10 02:21 AM

just goes to show that cheerleaders can't write poetry.

or do much of anything else for that matter.

but if jumping up and down and bopping your head around means a good time to you, then by all means, go right ahead.

hope you don't get whiplash.

- jen

stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
9 posted 2001-06-10 02:59 PM

esh......harsh words are being spoken....erm...the poem was....alright. read stuff that was a WHOLE lot better by you tho

I'm just glad that now this rainstorm has ended, and I can see the rainbow once again.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2001-06-10 11:47 PM

I see Dopey has laid it on the table already.  And I do agree with him.  If a guy's got a girl, it should be hands off no matter what.  That's respect.  That's all you need to show them, and believe me, they will show it back.  Then, there wouldn't be any problem.

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Maree, Mic

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
11 posted 2001-06-16 12:55 PM

this was pretty amusing.  cheerleaders really do have writing skills *looks away and tries not to laugh*...thank you for showing me yours, and how you can rhyme with trippen and slippen.  all and all this was a good poem, i guess. later
-fear-

DarkSilver
since 2001-05-21
Posts 33
Six O'clock High!
12 posted 2001-06-16 01:03 AM

And you wonder why people don't like cheerleaders.
I even play sports and cheerleaders bug me!

I Said I'm sorry but no one heard, Cause ACTIONS, Actions, actions speak louder than words! - Hello McFly - Relient K

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
13 posted 2001-06-16 01:04 AM

Cheerleaders. I am a non-uniformed cheerleader. HaHaHa. Mom is the coach of my HS's Varsity squad. I go to the practices when I have to. I help with stunts, I feel in when someone is out during routines, it sucks. And I must say, after being at the practices and listening to the things they say and do...pretty much ALL the cheerleaders on the squad are your streotypical cheerleader... Not bashing though, most of them are my bestfriends. I agree with Dopes though...Some of the stuff you said in the poem contradicted your message. All in all though, it was a darn good poem. The way it was written, the attitude or something, I liked.   Keep postin.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Yes I Am A Cheerleader...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary