navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Sincerely, Elizabeth
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sincerely, Elizabeth Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo

0 posted 2001-05-29 03:00 PM

Err...I don't know what this is. call it odd or just a vent. It needed to be let out.

To TN,

Who would have thought,
I would be writing to you?
Surprised are you to find,
I'm still alive and breathing?
Do you actually have any real idea,
Of just what you did to me?
What you contributed to?
What you were a trigger for?
Months of pain and nightmares,
Eating away at my mind.
These feelings drugging me,
With me unable to stop them.
Do you smile over there?
Do your parents know what you really are?
Mine do and so do my brothers,
Isn't that warning enough?
Tell me, how are your sleeping patterns?
Do you toss and turn,
Wanting to rip out your eyes and scramble your brain,
For just one night of peace?
This ache that rips out my heart,
Has your name written all over it.
I certainly don't pine for you,
I pine for my life back.
The way I am and who I now am,
Is really all your fault.
You couldn't have cared for just one moment,
Couldn't have just showed one scrap of concern.
Now I'm in a maze of destruction,
Soon the puzzle will be solved.
If only I hadn't been so stupid,
And let you get close to me.
If you think I'm admitting something,
Think again you psycho.
Just once I want you to feel this hurt,
And bleed from the inside out like me.
Thanks for being the one button,
That shouldn't have been pressed.
Thanks for putting me in a cage,
And throwing away the key.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."
-Van Kaam

© Copyright 2001 Elizabeth Johnson - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-05-29 03:05 PM

strong emotions...it was hard for me to read this...cuz it made me think of a situiation i was in...*sigh*...you expressed so well...hope you stay strong...eJ...as i know you will

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 05-29-2001).]

knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision
2 posted 2001-05-29 03:16 PM

wow i hate to think about wut this person did to u and put u through. you expressed urself well in this. such raw emotion. i hope it helped u to put it down. good luck with all and great poem. this is going to my library. *hugs*
tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

Just leave me alone and give me some space.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-05-29 10:57 PM

Sad liz. I see that somebody put you through some pain. If you'd ever like to talk about it and have someone sincerely care and listen to you, then me.
I enjoyed this, and yes I'd classify this as a poetic rant  
Well done.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
4 posted 2001-05-30 04:18 AM

uhm...ok. Some serious pain in this poem so you know I like it. I'm sorry whatever happened to you was that painful though. Bet your brothers are gunna have some fun though...

"It's too cold in the world...too cold to be alone..." - >¶Øʆ<

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2001-05-30 06:11 AM

Beat him up!!!!
HAHAHA
and have a hundred pizzas put on his credit card and delievered to his house...LOL
j/k
this really sucks, I can relate to this pretty well...
I thought this was soooooo well written. *hugs* to you!!

Jenn

"If it's wrong to love you, then my heart just won't let me be right, cause I'm drowned in you, and I won't pull through without you by my side." Mari

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
6 posted 2001-05-30 08:23 AM

LMAO

Thanks Jenn! That sounds like a marvellous idea.  

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."
-Van Kaam

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
7 posted 2001-06-04 01:19 AM

awwwwwww lizzy you want me to drive over there and beat the crap outta this guy for you?..hehhe...my dad looks like a bikey...he could walk in the door and scare the daylights outta anybody..you want me to bring him along?
on the serious side to this i thought that this was a powerful poem/rant with all the rhetorical questions you posed and the way it was presented in  a letter form...good stuff hun...more says i ..MORE!

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2001-06-13 05:43 PM

I had no idea you carried so much pain in your heart.  I've always thought of you as being happy go lucky.  This poem is so strong and staright to the point I could almost feel your pain.  I guess we all go thru situations that really do hurt us a lot.  Hope things are fine now Lizzy.  Thanks for sharing

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Maree, Mic

chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
9 posted 2001-06-13 10:20 PM

DIE TN! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
*breathes* I'm okay.  
EJ, I never saw this one coming... *hugs* Hope you feel better. I liked your emotions here. Keep it up!  

-Leah

Wood_Stock
since 2001-05-09
Posts 58
The little yellow
10 posted 2001-06-14 08:32 AM

Wow...

I'm errr... well I'm lost for words..

I must admit, this wasn't what I was expecting.  Infact, you did a good job of ripping whatever expectation I had apart, throwing it on the floor and stomping on it a few times!!

This was real, not fake like a lot of the crap I've read, and the trueness and rawness of the emotion really grabbed me.  I had to stop and think.  Really think.
It's a beautiful piece of writing in a very sad way, and I'm nothing but sorry that you had to experience something that obviously hurt you badly, to write something like this.

But the good thing about venting, is the sense of self-satisfaction that goes with it.  So now, I guess you will find you can get on with it easier.. *shrugs* ..if nothing else, from the replies, it's obvious you're among friends.

Wood_Stock.

"A forgotten man once told me, a mirror holds but a reflection, but a reflection holds more than a mirror.  Take a look at yourself."

the_rescue
since 2001-05-23
Posts 316
Japan
11 posted 2001-06-14 08:55 AM

that was really good I loved how you just expresed you emotions no hold bared so to speak it was really good

in the silence of the night I hear angels voices singing your name oh how beautiful is your name as they sing over and over.  (SPOKEN)

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
12 posted 2001-06-14 10:17 AM

Who's TN? if you want I can send the lads round and sort him out  , great work EJ lots of pain shown here but A very good read.
Zu

"Death solves all problems, no man, no problem" J.V.Stalin 1918.

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
13 posted 2001-06-14 10:52 AM

OMG! This is so amazing. You have captured every feeling I had when I was with... It doesn't matter, but she has ruined my life and left me a completely changed person, and the change wasn't for the better. Awesome piece, this is in my library.
Jon

"Your anger is a gift"-Rage Against The Machine
"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur

stace_co2003
since 2001-03-30
Posts 497
In a dream world
14 posted 2001-06-15 07:45 PM

wow EJ that was awesome!!! you did a wonderful job!!!  *hugz* if you ever need to talk feel free to email me or talk my ear off on the net! I dont mind!  

I don't have an attitude problem You have a perception problem.

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
15 posted 2001-06-19 11:39 AM

This was such an awesome poem! I really enjoyed this...amazing write!!! good job but tough situation...::hugs::
obscurity of cloud
since 2001-05-11
Posts 294
....:::::******:::::....
16 posted 2001-06-19 09:08 PM

Wow.  This has such strong emotion.  It really makes me wonder about everything that contributed to this poem.  Your work is great; keep posting!

"so when at times the mob is swayed to carry praise or blame too far, we may choose something like a star" --Frost

Heavens Tears
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

17 posted 2001-06-21 12:05 PM

I liked the poem a lot.  I know that you will get through this.  We are all here for you.     (This smiley makes me laugh every time, so I figured you'd appreciate it)

*~*Amanda*~*

My tears roll right down my cheeks, but they all soak into my pillow.  I feel kinda sorry for it...

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
18 posted 2001-06-21 05:09 PM

Oh wow. Can I hurt him? Please? That sounds familiar. The poem, I mean. If you ever need someone to talk to... Things will get better, I promise you. You will become yourself again. It may take a long while, and it may be a painful road, but once you become yourself again, you'll look back on this and say to yourself, "wow, I've grown a lot because of this". That is an awesome poem, but I'm sorry you had to get hurt in order to write it.   Remember: it WILL get better
Rhonda  

"Who did that?" "Charlie and Blake." "Who's Charlie and Blake?" "Rhonda and Amy.""Great. There goes the school."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Sincerely, Elizabeth

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary