navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » A time of need
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic A time of need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2001-05-26 12:59 PM

~A time of need~

Take my hand,
to show me the way,
in which my happiness,
will soon be paved.

No matter where you go,
I will follow you.
Dont turn me down,
there's nothing else I can do.

Please, dont leave me,
just let me follow you.
I cant take this anymore,
Im so depressed and feeling blue.

Take my hand,
just let me be.
Hopefully soon the pain,
will escape from deep inside me.

Just hold me close,
and show me you care,
so that you can help me,
conquer this neverending fear.

"If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend."

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 05-26-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

1 posted 2001-05-26 01:11 AM

graet poem! erin...im glad you are posting your poems again ...this was a emotional poem...i really liked it...as i wish all things work out the best for you...and hope to see more... ...?

ahhhhh....i'm addicted to passions in poetry!!!!!

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
2 posted 2001-05-26 01:22 AM

hey,
aww this poem made me smile. i liked it lots :-) keep writin and you rock.
-fear-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2001-05-26 02:01 AM

Albert~
Thank you for replying to my poem. It has been so long since I have been able to write. I struggled with this one and I dont even think its that good. I could do alot better I think. But thanks for taking the time out to read it.

Fear~
Im glad that my poem made you smile even though to me its a sad part of my life. Thanks for reading it though.

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 05-26-2001).]

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
4 posted 2001-05-26 07:19 AM

erin...don't worry about it..rejoice in the fact that you are writing again...you can worry about the quality later...

i think this was a sincere heart-rending read and the font in which this was presented makes this seem like a personal letter to the reader....i don't know whether you deliberately chose the font for such a purpose but i liked it....

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2001-05-26 08:00 AM

YAY It's you!!!!
Erin's writin again!!! We missed you rounds here girlie... I really liked this, it was sad, but I think extremely well written. If this is how you're feeling, always remember that it's darkest before the dawn!!
Write more!!!

Jenn

"If it's wrong to love you, then my heart just won't let me be right, cause I'm drowned in you, and I won't pull through without you by my side." Mari

[This message has been edited by Jenn Cirrincione (edited 05-26-2001).]

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2001-05-26 02:25 PM

Faterider~
Thank you for taking the time out to read this. Im very happy to be writing again. Im glad that you liked the font. Its my favorite one.

Jenn~
Im back!! Its been so long cause I havent been able to write and I have been so busy. I know what you are saying. Its just hard to think about how hurt I have been lately from everything. Thanks for reading it girl!

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2001-05-26 05:11 PM

ITS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!!! great poem as always..i missed your poetry. So don't go away anymore ok?  

*dq

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-05-26 08:51 PM

Welcome back erin! Nice to see you posting....Well done on the poem. I enjoyed it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
9 posted 2001-05-29 08:24 AM

~    Welcome Back ERIN!!!!!!!!!!   ~
WE all missed you so much, it's awesome to see you back. What a nice suprise when I came back from Memorial Day Weekend (which was awesome!). ANyways, awesome poem and best of luck to you in the future!

I know you're in a better place and though I cannot see your face, I know you're smiling down on me, saying everything's okay. ~R Kelly (I wish)

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
10 posted 2001-05-29 12:54 PM

It is good to see something from you Erin.Although it isn't your best, it was still a very good poem. I hope things are going better.Talk to you soon. Stay out of trouble(U know what I mean)

Jon

"Your anger is a gift"-Rage Against The Machine
"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur

Allan Riverwood
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
11 posted 2001-05-29 11:04 PM

Welcome back, Erin!  Oldbie from the days when I was a newbie!  
The thing I like most about this poem is how the stanzas were created.  Imperative to introduce the stanza, and then expansion on it.  
It's this kind of poetry that gives use of stanzas a real definition and meaning.  
Nice work.
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
12 posted 2001-05-31 12:37 PM

Damn was I really gone that long??? I dont think I was...LOL You all make me feel so loved!!! And dont think I liked being gone cause it was HORRIBLE! I couldnt write for anything.

DQ~
I promise not to go anywhere but it will be hard for you to see my poetry cause I cant write at all. It took me a little bit to write this one which is odd.

Dopey~
The one person that was hard not to miss!!! LOL Im glad that you liked it. By the way I got your aol name from one of the topics so if I ever IM you dont be alarmed by a strange name...

Allysa~
I came back before memorial day. I just couldnt remember my password and I couldnt have it sent to me cuz I got a new screen name. LOL I felt really stupid!

Jon~
This is nowhere near being my best!!! LOL I tried so hard to write a good poem too but my brain just isnt working. Things are doing good and I hope to stay out of trouble!!!

Allan~
I must not be too old cuz you are passing me up already...Its ok though I need to so some more work!!! I have another poem like this it was my first one. Take a look at it you might like it. Its definatly alot better then this one. If you do its called "An Unforgettable Friendship".

Thanks for taking the time out to read my poem. It really means alot to me!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
13 posted 2001-06-02 12:42 PM

Heyyy erin its great to see you back again!!! I havent read anything from u in so long. This one was excellent...everyone needs a helping hand every now and then. Great job   Glad to see you back hun!
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
14 posted 2001-06-04 06:20 PM

waaaaaaaaaaasssaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp  
Erin's back  
welcome back my good friend
beautiful poem, very emotional
keep sharing
hope to see you more again  

I'm so sorry for doubting you Kit ... please forgive me!!!!

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
15 posted 2001-06-04 06:52 PM

tuggs on the heart...makes me want to hug ya and say it will all be ok..... great writing  
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
16 posted 2001-06-04 08:55 PM

My Erin!! Guess what!! I'M BACK TOO!!   nobody cared though. LoL anyways girl, I hope you feel a little less depressed and if not well you and I are in need of a serious talk!! Girl I've missed you...Lets talk...happy writing...
                     Jesilyn (aka: JeLLo)

"Tell me why you cry"

Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
17 posted 2001-06-04 09:07 PM

You're back?  Cool.  I think i used to talk to you, a long time ago.

Anyways, a little off topic, but i love this "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend."

I thought you're poem was wrenchingly (NEW WORD!) emotional blah blah, like everyone said.  Glad to see your blazen, all caps nick once again occupying our humble abode.

Spreading insanity, one post at a time

My skull has glowing green eyes!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
18 posted 2001-06-04 11:52 PM

Thank you all very much for reading my poem. You guys are great..Bunch of friends I can get close to without having to prove that I am good enough to be friends with..Like I dont need a good reason to fit in. No wonder I missed this place so much...

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
19 posted 2001-06-05 07:17 PM

~*hugs Erin*~  

hi Sweets, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Allan, Val, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Maree, Michele,

obscurity of cloud
since 2001-05-11
Posts 294
....:::::******:::::....
20 posted 2001-06-05 10:31 PM

This was wonderful.  Welcome back!

"so when at times the mob is swayed to carry praise or blame too far, we may choose something like a star" --Frost

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
21 posted 2001-07-09 01:10 AM

I was just wondering if you might come back if I were to respond now
Low Man's Lyric
since 2001-04-03
Posts 236
In a dream
22 posted 2001-07-10 02:42 AM

Wow, excellent poem. I think this is the first I read from you and I really enjoyed it, I hope to see more in Teen #5.

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."
~Steven Wright

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
23 posted 2001-07-11 07:13 PM

Erin,
I loved this piece.  I haven't been here in a while and I felt like I needed to drop by even though I dont have anything new.  I loved this poem and can only hope that I read more just like it.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front."
"You are special and unique in your own way." "Your FAITH is all you need"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » A time of need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary