navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Translucent Tears of Jade
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Translucent Tears of Jade Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-03-12 05:51 PM

~*~ Translucent Tears of Jade ~*~
by Mysteria

Her black sky cried~
Translucent tears~
Of the softest muted jade.
Cold tentacles of dread~
And dark despair~
Encased her heart.
Ashen cinders from~
A long distinguished fire~
Gagged and choked her.
Her soul coated~
Making it barren~
Absent of feelings.
Grotesque gargoyles~
Guarded her twisted mind.
If warmth permeated~
She retracted~
Held safe behind her wall~
Protected from life~
Avoiding residual pain.
Always out of reach.
The key to unlock her heart.
Pain and sorrow ~
Her chosen retreat.
Her santuary ~ solitude.
Any tiny flicker of light~
She recoiled as a snake.
In absolute panic~
She reached for it.
The velvet-lined box,
Inside, her salvation.
Guardian of her soul.

Graphic by: Corey Wolfe

~*~ Mysteria ~*~
© Copyright 2001
All Rights Reserved

~*~A poet is someone who reads more than they write ~*~

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2001-03-12 08:40 PM

very nice~

~Wynter

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
2 posted 2001-03-12 08:47 PM

Wow - I am very impressed with the flow, the expression and the story told. I am really, really impressed, into the library this goes, wonderfully penned with an excellent picture and classic music to go with it

Take care,
Melissa~

The beauty of poetry gives my soul wings to fly free within dreams

~Melissa P. Monette~

Martha Cowan
since 2001-03-08
Posts 240
Groves, Texas
3 posted 2001-03-12 08:54 PM

WOW! Mysteria...this captivated my soul and left me speechless. Absolutely stunning, sweet lady. You never cease to amaze me with the magic in your golden pen, filled with the ink from your heart!
(you've have got to show me how to put pictures on my poem...I tried your instructions but I am afraid to say that I just keep crashing and burning! ~*~smiles~*~

Thanks so much for leading me here...it is a wonderful place.

Hugs, Martha

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now
4 posted 2001-03-12 09:37 PM

Mysteria - a'hhhh, I like what and how you write.

BC

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2001-03-12 09:51 PM

Hi!
Nakdthoughts: thank you for taking the time to read my work I really appreciate it.

Melissa Honey Bee: I am new and sure would like to know where this libary is everyone speaks of putting poems? Thank you so much for thinking this piece is worthy of such a place.

Martha: My dear lady my words are but flickers next to your raging flames but I do thank you for your kind acknowledgement. Once more we shall address the problem of pictures (I love those bells and whistles)

Bill: You are too kind - my style? It differs from minute to minute so they tell me, I just see something or hear something and write about it, and in this case it was a beautiful box that holds my Grandmother's old bible.

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

6 posted 2001-03-12 10:17 PM

This is uplifting for me, don't know why but it filled me tonight. Thank you.

Kathleen Blake

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2001-03-12 10:20 PM

This was wonderful, Mysteria!! The graphic and musis seem to enfold the words perfectly. Very nicely done!!

Lone Wolf

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

kismetkelsey
since 2001-03-12
Posts 32
Canada
8 posted 2001-03-12 11:26 PM

This is exquisite Mysteria! You are up to your usual excellence I see!Big smiles!~
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2001-03-13 12:15 PM

Hi
Kathleen ~ If you were uplifted then I am doing my job right!

LoneWolf ~ A good comment from you is taken to heart and cherished thank you.

KismetKelly ~ Don't know what my usual standards are lol, but thank you sweet one!

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

10 posted 2001-03-13 01:45 AM

A captivating read this is Mysteria...
Each verse flowed so gracefully across the page and I actually went back to read it once over again...
Thank you for sharing this exquisite poem with us...
~coco~

Jellybean King
since 2001-03-07
Posts 153
Jelly, Bean
11 posted 2001-03-15 12:58 PM

This is why I find this piece to be so compelling and timeless: Each line paints a clear picture and compels an emotional response from the reader...yes, compels it. By keeping the lines short, one is forced to read it in short breaths...kind'a like the crying aspect in the beginning...this really pulls me in. Then, each line is so unique...yet interconnected with the others, that one could almost interchange them without losing the meaning...sometimes the results provide greater meaning, but doesn't detract from the original (try it sometime...it's pretty interesting). In short, I loved this...masterfully done!

Jellybean King

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
12 posted 2001-03-15 01:20 PM

A marvelous write! As for "librarying" this, all I do is scroll down to the bottom of this blue box, and click on "Add Thread to Library"....

and then when you want to view the poems YOU place in YOUR library, just go to the top of the page and click on "Private Library" and you will be taken to your own personal storage vault of goodies...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Translucent Tears of Jade

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary