navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Autoimmunity
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Autoimmunity Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

0 posted 2001-03-12 09:26 AM

Autoimmunity

I am war, I fight
myself against myself.
Secretly I sent spies deep
into the enemy territory
to glean the weak spots
and bring them back to me.
Meticulously I penned
each report, later to analyze.
Shortly, I knew exactly
what I needed to win and
I attacked
hitting often and accurately
because of course
I knew beforehand
each and every countermove.
Brainwashing and torture…
deprivation, I stopped at
nothing.
I cajoled and promised
relief in exchange for
surrender and so
tearful and weak
from loss of heart
I finally gave in.

Nervously
I sit on my throne
tap tapping my victory
intent on leaving
no detail undone.
Trust is no longer a
valid operation
dictators need
no take over witnesses.
Systematically
I plot the elimination
of the prisoner, but
first…
I must kill the spies

© Copyright 2001 jellybeans - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2001-03-12 09:46 AM

Ok, well, I didn't understand, but I liked it, lots of different ways this can be taken..... great writing SEA
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
2 posted 2001-03-12 10:04 AM

i loved it!! great images, metaphors and flow.... felt this way before, as i'm sure you know.... sometimes it's time to send in the reinforcements and not do battle alone.... i might even resort, myself, to paying someone to listen to me for an hour every now and then.... geesh
jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

3 posted 2001-03-12 11:13 AM

SEA...its probably a good thing you don't understand this one...sigh...so that's ok, and thank you

and yep doreen, knew you would understand...thanks...and lol@pay someone...that's exactly what my doc is telling me I need

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
4 posted 2001-03-12 05:44 PM

Geesh... so this is your response to me calling you "simple-minded?" LOL. Gimme a chance to switch out of blonde mode. *G*

Seriously... I think many of us can identify with being at war with ourselves... there is no winner.

Trust is no longer a
valid operation
dictators need
no take over witnesses.
Systematically
I plot the elimination
of the prisoner, but
first…
I must kill the spies

I do love these lines... and you know how I'm pulling for the prisoner... may all the plots be stymied! *S* And by the way... complicated suits you. *S*

Just A Woman
since 2001-03-10
Posts 507

5 posted 2001-03-12 06:01 PM

Jellybeans, the pain and depth of this is outstanding. I crave depth, in reading, and you have given much. I shall place this in my library to reflect upon.
Outstanding writing. I am in awe.

After years of searching, I have found I am nothing more, nothing less...I am in truth Just A Woman after all.

jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

6 posted 2001-03-12 06:16 PM

lolol...wait a minute...you called me simple minded??? where was I? oh yeah...that confused state I have been calling my life lately...lol.....*squints and shakes her head*....you called me simple minded???????

lolol...no really...from where i sit (padded walls and small barred door) this makes perfect sense
but yep am pulling for the prisoner too...I sneak her redhots when no one is looking

Just a woman...yes...well was gonna say it is deep, but more it is complicated...I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that sends my body spiraling into pain when i am over stressed...and these last 2 weeks, 'someone' has been trying to see just how much I can take I guess.....sigh..thanks for your comments

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
7 posted 2001-03-12 06:27 PM

I don't think there are any battles more fierce than the ones we fight within ourselves.....how well you express this, lady...
jellybeans
Member Elite
since 2000-10-13
Posts 2298

8 posted 2001-03-13 09:45 AM

thanks bal, and yep, today i feel like a battlefield "medic???????? medic????????? I could use some mouth to mouth.....lol......good to see you
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Autoimmunity

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary