navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » DeVante's Dance
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic DeVante's Dance Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-12-27 09:24 PM

DeVante's Dance

Born in the quest of healing understanding and grace
Reaching across the heaven's never to see her lovely face
Bound in the trust of the stars upon which they both shared
Breaching humanity's gap as hearts and souls were bared

Eyes lit up in the miracle of some promised twilight dances
Bound by the words in the silence of love taking no chances
Hearts sent aloft in the breezes of misgiven paths once taken
Honest sharing of acceptance with dedication never shaken

Skies once filled with the lonely shadows of clouded gray
Glowing in crimson delight for eternal hearts on display
Misted tears of joy in celebration on the coming of a year
Since last were shared the tender words of love held so dear

One soul resting in heaven watching over the other bound
Quietly comforting the emptiness where echoes are found
Flowing graces of warmth residing from angelic glance
Rehearsal not needed for the coming of DeVante's dance

Mark Bohannan

*In early celebration of DeVante for Janet Marie as the coming of
the first anniversary is upon us on New Years Day.  I for one
will join you in celebration my friend as you honor his memory on
earth with your own light of love from the torch that only you can carry.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
author unknown

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
lisad
since 2000-12-05
Posts 22

1 posted 2000-12-27 09:47 PM

Mark,
This was absolutely beautiful..  You have once again made me cry... I am sure Janet Marie will like this....

Love ya!!
lisad

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2000-12-27 09:54 PM

Mark--You are a jewel that lights life with facets of love's glow...this is a wonderful poem and I love you for it! Hugs to you sweet cowboy!
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
3 posted 2000-12-27 09:56 PM

Absolutely beautiful tribute Mark! This is so tastefully done and beautifully written! I didn't know much of the story but Janet explained enough for me to understand. I think it's truly a poetic gentleman's gesture for you to write this.....I loved the graphics too....wonderful thoughts..."quietly comforting the emptiness where echoes are found"......well, my friend you've done that with your memorable words right here.....have a nice day......ethome
ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
4 posted 2000-12-27 09:57 PM

Absolutely beautiful tribute Mark! This is so tastefully done and beautifully written! I didn't know much of the story but Janet explained enough for me to understand. I think it's truly a poetic gentleman's gesture for you to write this.....I loved the graphics too....wonderful thoughts..."quietly comforting the emptiness where echoes are found"......well, my friend you've done that with your memorable words right here.....have a nice day......ethome
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
5 posted 2000-12-27 09:57 PM

*sigh**sigh**sigh*

It is magic you have woven
It is fantasy you give
It is love of softest offered
It is wonder that I feel

*sigh* you have captivated this Star to the point I do not know what to say. Sweet Mark, she will love this for it is the most beautiful and heartwarming poem I have ever read and seen. *sigh*Oh my gosh, I so love this. This one I will keep if you do not mind. I have read it 6 times and still feel it is not enough.

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
6 posted 2000-12-27 10:15 PM

Mark,
I'm sure JM will be touched by this poem as I was. I tip my hat to you.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2000-12-27 10:22 PM

Beautifully descriptive Mark ... an absolutely wonderful tribute which I'm sure Janet Marie will be delighted with. You've filled loving images throughout these lines with both style and grace. Very beautiful indeed!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

8 posted 2000-12-27 10:39 PM

Mark my dear, I am left in awe at the quality of write you have penned here...

It's all heart and soul weaved into this poem for JM to read and treasure I am sure...

^5 PoetFriend, I truly am impressed
Coco

[This message has been edited by CocoBaci (edited 12-27-2000).]

Lady Lightning
since 2000-12-04
Posts 422
Kentucky
9 posted 2000-12-27 10:52 PM

Mark... Sweet, wonderful you..You truly have a heart of pure gold...What beautiful, loving  words you have penned here for Janet..I don't know the whole story myself, but you have once again brought tears to my eyes with the kindness and love that you show to her with this, and to so many others with your beautiful heart...She will absolutely love this..This is by far my favorite of yours, I do believe... ~LL~

The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost. author unknown

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

10 posted 2000-12-27 11:08 PM

Born in the quest of healing understanding and grace
Reaching across the heaven's never to see her lovely face
Bound in the trust of the stars upon which they both shared
Breaching humanity's gap as hearts and souls were bared

Eyes lit up in the miracle of some promised twilight dances
Honest sharing of acceptance with dedication never shaken

Skies once filled with the lonely shadows of clouded gray
Glowing in crimson delight for eternal hearts on display
Misted tears of joy in celebration on the coming of a year
Since last were shared the tender words of love held so dear

One soul resting in heaven watching over the other bound
Quietly comforting the emptiness where echoes are found
Flowing graces of warmth residing from angelic glance
Rehearsal not needed for the coming of DeVante's dance
====================

Yes I KNOW I copied the whole poem...
I TRIED to pick my most fav lines ..but I just couldnt ... each line holds a special meaning ...and yes, Im still crying...
and its been how long since we got off the phone ...
Mark I still dont have the words to tell you how much this touches me ... but I know you already know ... and you should be honored ...its not very often I am speechless *smile*(yes you KNOW)
Thank you so much for this baby...I love it and you ... thank you seems too little of a word ...
I am so grateful and deeply touched by the gifts of poetry that I have been given by loved ones in here, who were inspired by my poetry of my beautiful butterfly ...
It is so healing to my heart to know he inspires others the way he inspires me ...
This is so beautiful MC and your timing is as perfect as your poetry ...
thank you for this, but thank you most of all for your friendship, its a precious gift to me as well.
love you cowboy
me

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
11 posted 2000-12-27 11:53 PM

Mark* Through your heart of gold and your
quill of light you have woven a gift for
Janet and a beautiful dedication for Devante`. I know this will be cherished and
held close for many years to come and
yes....this year most especially. A
heartfelt weave from your heart to that of
my sweet SS Janet Marie~

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
12 posted 2000-12-28 12:46 PM

MarkB~
This tenderest render is from the heart of one -
as a gift to the heart of another.

Wonderfully written in your gifted style -
the song plays on -
and DeVante's Dance tiptoes lightly across JanetMarie's heart.

A beautiful and thoughtful man you are, my friend.

*Hugs*, JanetMarie -
*Hugs*, MarkB~
Love you both.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
13 posted 2000-12-28 05:02 AM

Mark~
You are truly one golden heart and tender soul....such beauty in this wonderful piece for sweet Janny.
lovely tender write sweet man
~HUGS~
Tracie~
and Janny my friend floating my winged ~HUGS~ your way hon
love Tracie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
14 posted 2000-12-28 05:35 AM

Mark my dear friend, this is so utterly breathtaking, so beautiful. It is as if a star had become transformed and alighted on the page. The stunning physical form of angels whispers, the delight of magical incantations. Beauty too rich and rare for everyday use. This is utterly wonderful, and as a tribute it is sooooo perfect. I LOVE IT
as always. Truly amazing piece.
I'm awestruck totally, truly you have a gift love. And to write this for another, is so like you it shows how big your heart is. And also how very beautiful it is too.
Take care
                Mushy

A real star utterly stunning

Take back the hope you gave,- I claim
Only a memory of the same
Robert Browning

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
15 posted 2000-12-28 07:56 AM

Mark, once again I am sighing and crying from one of your poems. How thoughtful and beautiful, and what an exquisite write.
You are surely like no cowboy I have ever known!  
Sandra

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
16 posted 2000-12-28 08:16 AM

As you know there is no greater gift than that of words from the heart. This is indeed a great gift you have given.

"The heart and soul have no illusion of boundries when friendship is the quest"
~ My Angel.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
17 posted 2000-12-28 09:39 AM

Cowboy,

you have surpassed
your best,
but in this,
have promised even more...

well done...

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
18 posted 2000-12-28 09:50 AM

Mark....you are pure gold...
I mean you have one golden heart, to have you as friend is the best gift that someone can wish.
JM is lucky to have you as friend, but she is worth it.

(((huge hugs))
Charisma

Wilfred Yeats
Member Elite
since 2000-08-04
Posts 2704
Wilmington, Delaware
19 posted 2000-12-28 10:24 AM

I'm glad I don't have to supply your wardrobe - for the way your heart just gets bigger and bigger - I'd be broke
out of possible 5 - I'd give this 10 stars!

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
20 posted 2000-12-28 10:30 AM

"Eyes lit up in the miracle of some promised twilight dances
Honest sharing of acceptance with dedication never shaken"

You just amaze me.........what a sweet friend you are......***SIGH***........this is lovely Mark....... -SEA

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
21 posted 2000-12-28 10:49 AM

Lisa-Thank you sweet sis.  I hope that I did his memory and her love for him justice, but I truely don't know if a mere mortal could ever do that.  

Martie-My dear friend, if I am a jewel then you are the whole damn crown.  Thank you much.  Hugs and love back to ya.

ethome-I don't know that any of us could ever feel the full power of the story but she has shared enough with me for me to know that it was and "IS" a love that will forever dance in two hearts that were united long before meeting.  Thank you my friend.(twice)

Startime-I am glad that you could feel the power and the meaning behind it and of course you may keep it.  That is what poetry is about...finding ones that reach a certain part of us.  Thank you much my friend.

Seymour-Thank you so much sir and coming from one that means as much to JM as you do I truely do appreciate it.

Kit-Thank you my kind friend.  You always know what to say and how to say it to really make a person feel special and so I thank you twice.  She is worth every thought.

Coco-Thank you much and for you to say that I impressed you makes me smile REAL BIG. Thank you very much my friend.  

LL-Thank you my sweet friend.  I am glad that you liked it and that it is one of your favorites as she and his memory both deserve so much more than I could ever say.  You are going to have to buy stock in that tissue company ya know.  

JM-Well sweetness, you don't need to have any words for me and I truely hope that I conveyed through this piece just a tiny speck of the respect and the emotion that you have shared with me about this wonderful part of your life.  We both know that he will forever dance within your heart and that my friend means that you will forever be blessed with the music of angels and butterflies.  Hugs to you sweetness.

Holly-Thank you my friend.  Yes, this first year will be one that holds both the turmoil and the comfort as the anniversary of this day comes to be, but as you know, she has the celebration of him embedded within her and flowing in her veins.  

Marge-Some songs become more beautiful the more they are played and I do believe that is the case with the song between these two.  Thank you much and hugs to you also.

Tracie-Thank you very much.  I only do what I can for my friends and the fact that she would share such a lovely part of her life with me by telling me more than most people know of this story honors me and makes me realize how blessed I am to have a friend such as her.

Marsha-My friend I do thank you dearly and if you found a star in this it is only because his presence and his love for Janet Marie shines so bright even to this day and I do believe that it will forever get brighter.  I know that one day in the very distant future that we will all see a burst of light stretching across the sky and that is when he will be able to take her in his arms and dance among the heavens.

Sandra-Thank you my sweet friend and you know how special she is and this is just a small part of what I wish I could give.  Sorry about the tears my friend.

EagleOne-Thank you so much kind sir.  I hope that my gift conveyed even a piece of the caring that I wished it to.

Karilea-Thank you much my friend and the promise is not from me but between Janet Marie and DeVante' and it is one that I know will never be broken.

Charisma-She is worth it and so much more.  You are too my friend and don't you forget it.  Thank you dearly and hugs back to you.

Wilfred-My kindest and dear friend.  Thank you so much but as you know, some writes just come because they are there and we can't stop them.  This was one of them.  I don't know that I can take full credit just because of that but I thank you for the ten stars all the same.

SEA-Thank you my friend.  The story itself is more amazing than you or I could ever dream.  I am glad that you found it lovely because their love "IS" lovely and I will always help her celebrate that.

vandana
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Patricius
since 1999-10-22
Posts 10463
USA
22 posted 2000-12-28 12:48 PM

Enjoy the read my friend,I like the way you write
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
23 posted 2000-12-28 04:33 PM

vandana-Thank you my friend.  I like the way you write as well.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
author unknown

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
24 posted 2000-12-28 04:44 PM

your heart shows with each writing....this is beautiful....

Greeneyes~

"Within you I lose myself
Without you I find myself
Wanting to be lost again."
-Unknown

cathybohannan
since 2000-07-31
Posts 140
Paintsville,KY
25 posted 2000-12-28 07:07 PM

Yes, I read and liked this one too,check you

Cathy Marie Bohannan

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
26 posted 2000-12-28 08:00 PM

I love the flow of DeVante's Dance. Exquisite, as always.
Deb

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
27 posted 2000-12-28 10:45 PM

Greeneyes-Thank you so much and my heart shows in this one because it is a genuine caring for a friend and one that will forever dance in her heart.

Cathy-Thank you much and I got the email sweet sister.

Deb-Thank you much as I was nervous as to whether I could do this one any justice with mere words.  It means alot to me and to Janet Marie as well I am sure.

author unknown

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
28 posted 2000-12-29 07:37 AM

bumping for Janet Marie and DeVante'!!
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
29 posted 2000-12-29 02:35 PM

Mark,
your cowboy heart is shining as Janet's eyes must be shining.
Write on, in song
Kethry

Religion is for people frightened about going to hell - Spirituality is for people who have been there. Anon.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
30 posted 2000-12-30 05:12 AM

This is so exceptionally well done I just had to go back for another read..my my I love this!!
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
31 posted 2000-12-30 01:40 PM

Kethry-Thank you so much for your visit.  I know that Janet appreciates it as much as I do.  This is truely a time to celebrate his memory and their love and that in itself brings warmth and peace to this heart.

Ethome-Thank you kind sir.  I am glad that you found this one good enough to visit a second time as I know that no matter how hard I tried, I could never come close to touching the true depth of DeVante' or his bond with Janet Marie.   You sir are a gentleman and a kindred spirit yourself.

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

32 posted 2000-12-30 02:12 PM

This is tenderly touching, Mark. Very well done!

Denise

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
33 posted 2002-04-07 06:35 PM

Beautiful Mark, just beautiful.

Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     a brand

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » DeVante's Dance

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary