navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Remembrance
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Remembrance Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-06-03 09:54 PM

Even after eight long years
My eyes still fill up with tears
To the heavens I turn my gaze
Please light the way out of this maze
That I seem to be trapped in
Somehow I must search deep within
Come to terms with the past
Allow myself to be free at last

It took many many endless days
For me to look at it a different way
There was a reason that you died
Oh since then how I have cried
You were more than just my mother
You were my best friend above all others
This loss to me was very great
Which is why acceptance came so late

My heart still holds an empty space
Where your love filled me with grace
I ask for your forgiveness for the anger
Which almost put me on a path of danger
With the help of a good friend
I saw that the anger must come to an end
In memories that were filled with pain
Happiness once again shall reign

This one is dedicated to my mom who died eight years ago....June 2, 1992.
I will never forget you.
< !signature-->

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

[This message has been edited by Lone Wolf (edited 06-03-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer L. Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

1 posted 2000-06-03 10:02 PM

I lit a candle for your mother and said a prayer for your comfort and encouragement, I know how you feel my friend, my dear sweet friend, I know how you feel.

Kathleen
indy31_99@yahoo.com

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2000-06-03 10:09 PM

Kathleen,
Thank you so much for the candle and the prayer, my dear friend.  This has been a long road for me, but I think I have found the way at last.  I know that you know how I feel...oh how I know.  You are truly a wonderful friend and I am thankful that you are in my life.  
Lone Wolf

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Cyndey
since 2000-05-18
Posts 84
Arkansas
3 posted 2000-06-03 10:10 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...
I thought the poem to be inspiring, and lovely~ through the darkness, comes the light... I don't remember who said that once, some poet long ago perhaps. I've never lost a parent, but I do know how it feels to lose someone close to you that you love. The void never really closes does it?
a great poem my friend...
Cyndey

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
4 posted 2000-06-03 10:11 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing your mom would be so hard to get through. I can understand it taking awhile to get over such a loss, mom's are an important part of our lives.
Take care  
hugs are sent your way.
TC~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Jana Tovey
since 2000-05-30
Posts 257
USA
5 posted 2000-06-03 10:22 PM

I'm sure it was the great gift that your mother gave to you that allowed you to overcome your anger.  This is a beautiful tribute to her.  

I hope my children will someday say these words about me:

"You were more than just my mother
You were my best friend above all others"

Sometimes I think they feel like I'm just the mouthy dragon lady.  

Anyway, I enjoyed this.

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

6 posted 2000-06-03 10:40 PM

LW, this is a wonderful tribute to your mum, I am sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Je t'aime plus qu'hier et moins que demain."
I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow
(unkown)

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2000-06-03 10:41 PM

Cyndey....Thank you, I am glad some inspiration came through.  I wish I could remember who said that quote, but they were wise beyond their years.  I do not think the void will ever close, but I think I do learn to cope with it better in time.  Thanks again, my friend.

Tracie....Mom's are very important and yes, it does take a while.  Thank you and hugs sent back to you.

Jana....Thank you so much.  I am sure when it counts and your kids look back they will forget all about the dragon lady and remember the one who nursed their wounds and eased their fears.  Your words mean a lot to me.
< !signature-->

Dark Angel....snuck right in there, huh?  That's okay by me!!  Thank you very much and hugs to you.

--Michael W. Smith

[This message has been edited by Lone Wolf (edited 06-03-2000).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2000-06-03 11:05 PM

LoneWolf~
This one lays close to my heart,
as I lost my mother just four years ago.
Hard to handle ... believe me ...
when a special moment happens and you find yourself reaching for the phone to share it with her ... and realize it isn't possible to call her.  So you send her a prayer and hope she gets it.

So many memories you unleashed.
Thank you for sharing, hon.
*Hugs* for you.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2000-06-04 01:48 PM

Marge~

Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.  It is not an easy thing to deal with for anyone.  
It is very hard to handle and yes, I have had those moments when I reached for the phone only to realize she was not there.  Many a prayer has been sent and I hope received.

You are most welcome for sharing and hold on to those memories....they are precious, my friend.
*HUGS* back at ya!!

Lone Wolf

--Michael W. Smith

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
10 posted 2000-06-04 02:12 PM

Lone Wolf

I too lost my Mom about six years ago so I know how you feel, trust me my friend. I was only seventeen at the time...but I was quite aware of what was going on around me and oh the pain i felt and have since. but through the years i too have turned my life for the better and worked through the grief. i am glad to see you are doing the same. god bless you and take care!

amy  
ps beautiful poem!! simply beautiful.

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends."

"Fate exists but it can only take you so far,
Because once you're there
It's up to you to make it happen."

PoetasterD
since 2000-06-03
Posts 42
Florida
11 posted 2000-06-04 03:40 PM

LW,

This is a BEAUTIFUL and heart touching tribute to your mother! I am fortunate to still have the love, friendship and company of both of my parents and it pains me just to think of the day when I won't.

God Bless You!

PoetasterD

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
12 posted 2000-06-04 09:03 PM

Amy....sorry for your loss my friend.  Such a young age too...that must have been rough.  I was 20 when my mom died.  Glad you worked through it all, takes strength to endure.  God bless you too...take care, Amy.

poetasterD....Thank you, treasure the time you have been given for those memories will see you through the darkness.

--Michael W. Smith

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Remembrance

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary