navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Breakfast at Ruby's with Gorgeous Laura (first poem)
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Breakfast at Ruby's with Gorgeous Laura (first poem) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2000-06-01 06:38 AM

I didn't write any poetry when I was young...as far as I know...we moved about every three years and my Mom always threw everything away...including my baseball card collection...so I wrote this poem in 1993 just a few years after I divorced my wife and I met a woman that really touched me emotionally.  She was everything I wanted to be and we became hang around friends for awhile...and we are still friends today except she lives in Long Beach and I live in Hawaii and she has a boyfriend...so we spend a little time together when we can.  Anyway I still love this girl...my friend...Laura Fabbrie.

BREAKFAST AT RUBY'S WITH GORGEOUS LAURA

We went to breakfast in Seal Beach
It wasn't like any other day.
We ate at Ruby's on the Pier
Laura wanted it that way.
Went walking on the beach together
and while we were exploring the sandy shore
I hoped our hearts would blend together much more.
I remember when I met Laura on a fresh morning in summer
and I sensed she needed a friend to be near her.
Less than a minute passed before I knew I cared.
I value her friendship, the mystery and excitement we could share.
And I value her personality, and the free spirit that is there.
Can't help but like you Laura..it's nice to look at your face
and admire your figure..so full of curves in every place.

Jameslee@October1993
forLauraFabbrie

[This message has been edited by jmlee12345 (edited 06-07-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-06-01 06:45 AM

Seven years ago James!  This was a lovely tribute to your friend after what was probably a very difficult time. It's amazing how new inspirations fill us with such positive outlooks. What a wonderful poem!  Now I'm curious ... did she ever read it?

Challenge well met, thanks for sharing this with us James, lovely thoughts for early beginnings.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-06-01 12:15 PM

Jim, I believe this was one of your first poems posted here too..I remember it! Good one sir.  
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2000-06-03 06:17 AM

Thanks Kit and PoetdeVine. I was going thru a difficult time and I was burdened with sorrow and she was such a free spirit.  She helped bring me back from the darkness.  I printed my poetry book at Kinko's and Breakfast at Ruby's with Gorgeous Laura is number 1 and American Beauty written for my exwife is number 87 or the last one.  Of course I've written a few more since than but thats another book.  James
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
4 posted 2000-06-03 07:15 AM

James that was wonderful, to be with someone you care for deeply those times are magical.
You reminded of some memories, that are always close to the surface. Thank you. A wonderful poem.

------------------------
"I've been too honest with myself I should have lied like everybody else"-Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

"Libraries gave us power
Then work came and made us free
What price now for a shallow piece of dignity"
Nicky Wire, A design for Life.

manic street preachers
"Rock 'n' roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair"

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-06-05 03:50 PM

Yes Brian just when you think darkness is all around
you take another look and there standing before you will be your Laura.
James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Breakfast at Ruby's with Gorgeous Laura (first poem)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary