navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Oh Lord Send Your Angels (This Is For Elizabeth Santos)
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oh Lord Send Your Angels (This Is For Elizabeth Santos) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California

0 posted 2000-05-11 02:46 PM

On Angel's Wing's

I pray the Lord my soul to take
to a higher level of comprehension.
Please give me the insight to
wisdom’s gate.

Show me the realm which truth
resides, the peace of mind and
serenity to understand
your will.

I have not the mindset to endure
these troublesome trials before me, I
ask of you the strength and
endurance to remain  
afoot oh lord.

In my oh so human state I find
fault, and I am wavering in my
trust, please hold my spirit with
gentle hand and guide me
through this time of great
heartache and pain.  

I beg of thee my Lord show my
concerns your tender mercies and
give of your spirit directions in
their behalf in this
time of need.

Abundant your love you have
always shown, but now I on bent
knee plea for your kindness to
be of great urgent need.

Find oh Lord this prayer of mine,
this begging if you will, and bless it
with your spirit, and send it upon
angels wings.

Show me oh so plainly your
love please Lord, send it with
angels to me.

By,  Cerenity

[This message has been edited by Cerenity-1 (edited 05-12-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Ellen Ware - All Rights Reserved
Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

1 posted 2000-05-11 02:52 PM

this is beautiful ...truly beautiful...please alos send my love and prayers on those angels wings
Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
2 posted 2000-05-11 07:20 PM

Cerenity* This is so beautiful...a prayer you've given an angel's voice to, and sent to the one with the answers.  Thank you for sharing this you've given me inspiration today.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-05-11 07:25 PM

Cerenity, my gentle friend~
Bless your heart.
Elizabeth and Tony will be so pleased.
Much love to you for this beautiful prayer.
Love you
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2000-05-11 08:45 PM

This is simply beautiful Cerenity ...

Best wishes,
/Kit

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2000-05-11 09:57 PM

Cerenity, this is a beautiful heartfelt prayer that speaks the heart of us all. God bless you.

Denise

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
6 posted 2000-05-11 10:44 PM

A warm and heartfelt prayer. . . may it be heard. . .

----------------------------------------------------------

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2000-05-28 07:58 PM

"In my oh so human state I find
fault, and I am wavering in my
trust, please hold my spirit with
gentle hand and guide me
through this time of great
heartache and pain."

You have written here, Cerenity, the essence of our weaknesses in times of distress, and a beautiful plea for a gentle hand to help. In fact this entire poem is just so lovely, and I am so humbled that you would dedicate this to me, and just to know you care about my loved ones is so very touching

Well, Cerenity, never has a poem appeared before at the very moment it was needed. I somehow missed this when it was posted, but it's almost as though it was meant for me to receive this today. My husband, accompanied by my son left yesterday to visit his family in Brazil, and I am left alone to contemplate the  events of the last few months. At times like this we do tend to waver in our trust
Thank you, dear friend, for this wonderful and loving jesture, which came to me on angel wings at the moment God intended.
Love
Liz  

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Santos (edited 05-28-2000).]

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
8 posted 2000-05-29 02:30 AM

Hi Liz,

I have found through out my life at some of the most trying of times God to be right there in front of me,"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist, we have to be reminded that He exists!" and so I have tried to remind myself through prayer for him to remind me that I cannot do it (LIFE) on my own, and as human as I am believe me I try to do it on my own but in the finding that I need help I then turn to him and ask for help and some how He is right there every time if my heart and soul are open to his messages. There is no place upon this earth to lowly to pray to God and nothing He doesn't see, and to truly give your self in to his hands and believe in Him (God) that you can not see, just think how much more He will bless you for taking the chance. I hope that you find comfort in Him no matter how you go before him, He will hear you and understand even before you ask it of him, He will know the answers and send them to you.

Liz,
I have stomped my feet like a baby around a room yelling as loud as I could at God telling him where are you, why have you not shown me in plain english what to do, this is not what I wanted the answer to be, and so on, but He still stands beside me unwavering in his love for me and so like a human I keep going back to him after I have forgotten Him and there He is right where I left Him (RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME) THAT'S LOVE

May He bless you and your family,
Love,  Cerenity

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Oh Lord Send Your Angels (This Is For Elizabeth Santos)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary