navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » step out
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic step out Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tramp Poet
since 2000-01-06
Posts 754
Could Be Anywhere...

0 posted 2005-05-13 10:19 PM

Step Out

Closet full of choices
black, white and shades
hats, shoes, shirts, complete.
Opposite poles with all
in betweens and variations
dreaming awake or even asleep.

Stepping tword picking
afraid of certain destruction
for those not chosen.
Standing rooted with fear
executioner or reluctant savior
why am the i so broken?

Reaching for those preserved
knowing death to left behind
discarded, butchered, destroyed.
Guilty by proxy, sentenced
chooser walks bent, heavy
necessary can not be enjoyed.

Mirrors of myriad choices
crossroad of infinite directions
closet full of every in between.
Frozen in place, time, space
the chooser having to decide
step out from the dream...

~~~~~~

lol maybe y'all can figger this one out;
i haven't a clue... other than current obsession.

© Copyright 2005 Daniel James Burt - All Rights Reserved
Annie78
since 2003-10-03
Posts 469
here then there then back here
1 posted 2005-05-14 11:50 AM

tramp the way i see this is the God is giving you choices. stay where you are and move no further, free will used to the path of destruction, take the path that God is showing you, free will for salvation, or listen to what God is telling you to do,and following His directions, walking in faith, and putting free will to the side in order to be right with Our Father.
Don't know tho tis just what I see.
Annie

there is but a short time to exist, love,laugh,live and never stop believing in miracles

f13rc373n4c17y
since 2005-06-01
Posts 22
Maryland, USA
2 posted 2005-06-01 06:18 PM

"afraid of certain destruction
for those not chosen."

seems like you have approached a seemingly impossible decisive junction.  the "crossroads", are you lost with a choice? these "infinite directions", could possibly meant guilt for those paths not chosen.  ur afraid of the destruction of a destiny that could have been, if chosen another road. yet, that is what destiny is; impossible to draw an exact map of every route, until u have already taken that route.  some directions u will never know, some u can turn around and try.  stuck in this closet of "shades", there's no color, no vibrant fragments?

I really enjoy this poem. had to read it 3 times to get my thoughts somewhat compiled, but it still makes me think.  it puts all of lives into a perspective no one wants to see or hear about.  well done.  but to have written this, there must be an important decision winding the circuitous paths of ur mind.  read this poem of yours, you may find hints as to how to solve ur problem...for this poem was born the same home ur dilemmas are...

Tramp Poet
since 2000-01-06
Posts 754
Could Be Anywhere...
3 posted 2005-06-02 07:37 AM

thanks for the replies!
ahhh...
i knew you would be an insightfull addition to our "family" here B! thank you for your thoughts and perceptions...
indeed you have hit the nail on the head.
the myrid of choice one faces is indeed perplexing at times and there always seems to be disharmony to a certain degree in those choices via hindsight, eh?
thanks for sharing!
daniel

[This message has been edited by Tramp Poet (06-02-2005 12:01 PM).]

PatAngel
since 2004-04-05
Posts 451
California
4 posted 2005-06-05 12:30 PM

Daniel,

Leo Buscaglio once wrote about the endless paths in life. If the path you are on leads nowhere, you have the option of choosing another. Let your faith lead you, and don't be afraid to step out in a new direction. Who knows, it could be the most beautiful path ever taken.

Love,
Patricia

'When you find a dream within your heart, don't ever let it go.
For dreams are the tiny seeds from which tomorrow grows.'

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
5 posted 2005-06-08 12:06 PM

ahhh..  do great minds REALLY think alike?   lol I wrote a piece some time back called "Journey In Time" We must be having the same dreams.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » step out

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary