navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » Wounded
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wounded Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
paraboxer
since 2002-11-10
Posts 121
Maryland, USA

0 posted 2003-10-28 11:23 PM

Wounded

(AN: My inspiration continues to be from a real life heartbreak. I fell in love with a good friend only to find out she's already got a boyfriend.)

I am, as a wounded soldier, staggering alone.
Not suffering from cut, abraision or broken bone.
Nay, my wounds are all inside, and unseen.
Amazing how much hurt one word can mean.

"Boyfriend." I guess that mean's I'm left out.
I love her though, without a doubt.
There are signs that I'm hurt, look very well.
For rarely do people see my inner hell.

Look in my eyes, moist with the unshed tear.
Whenever I speak to a sympathetic ear.
Wounded by love yet again.
Damned to suffer familiar pain.

I walk alone, on the path meant for two.
But know that I truly love you.
Because if your heart is truly for him.
I give you my blessing, my own future grim.

I'm forsaken, abandoned, and also rejected.
As I walk in the cold night, dejected.
I've never felt what it was like to share love.
Though I've prayed for it from God above.

© Copyright 2003 Carl - All Rights Reserved
gringakiwi
since 2003-08-05
Posts 189

1 posted 2003-10-29 05:30 PM

lovely verse- I hope you have considered telling her how you feel, as I think she would understand! even if she already has a boyfriend, you never know, things could work out and at the very least she would know how you feel about her!
This is a beautifully haunting poem, well done.
Connie.

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
2 posted 2003-10-30 11:48 AM

PB...I know how you feel. You are afraid if you tell you might do one of two things, or maybe even both. One is you might jinx it, and second you might make her so uncomfortable knowing how you feel that it might drive her out of your presence. Their presence means alot, and it's a greater sacrifice than your being, and soul can bare. I know of what you speak. I do know how you feel. It's better to at least have them there in some capacity than to not have them at all. I just have a curiosity if it might not go the other way if she saw your true, and sincere heart. Too bad we don't know the future, and I can surely see the reason you wouldn't want to risk it. My heart goes out to you for the dilemna. God bless for all the pain you are enduring, and I know you are enduring much. Here's offering prayers for your comfort, and peace.
Love,
Terri~

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2003-10-31 11:56 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh Carl, I continue to send angel hugs your way, sweet friend, unrequited love is a poison and I only hope at least she knew you without just drifting away without ever knowing your name! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, I continue to feel for you, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Carl, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » Wounded

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary