navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Do I have a life?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Do I have a life? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA

0 posted 2000-07-05 11:51 PM

My Friend will get tons of boyfriends, and everytime that she does she will ditch me for them to do something or so on.. I got to the point were i really started to get mad, and started thinking that i don't even have a life!! I still think it sometimes..But I don't let it get to me that much.. Thanks

I ask myself the same question night to night
Do I have a life?
I can't find the answer, but I think I may have some clues
I have a best friend, she means the world to me
every time she gets a boyfriend, she will just ditch me
I guess I don't have to be in everything that they do, but she is my best friend and with her not around, I don't know what to do.
I guess I can be annoying hovering around every little thing she will do
She used to do everything with me, but I think the time has come
She got a life, and left me like a bum
She won't do everything with me anymore, especially if a guy is on phone
I guess I'm in her life to much, cuz she even said I need to get away
Not for a long time, or anything like that, but long enough to make me fill like a bum just tagging a long for the fun
I guess I understand, but then again I really don't ... why is she pushing me away for a guy?
I think she got a life and left me behind.
So it has come to me now, that I don't have a life of my own
how do I get one? Does it just come? Or do I just have to work at it?
I don't know the answer, I guess the time will come
When I Get a life of my own.

© Copyright 2000 Amanda - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-07-06 02:07 AM

not to be rude or anything but i think you should find yourself a new best friend...i dont hang around with my best friend as much as i used to but my life has changed...i think that you would be the same way if you were in her position...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-07-06 07:43 AM

So many thoughts and emotions in this Cutie! I remember the feeling well (been there too). It's difficult when someone new comes into a relationship that used to be so closely shared between 2 friends like this. We all need a little space, and your friend is probably just stretching her wings a little. If you can give her a little room, you'll probably find that there's a whole other world out there for you too    And remember, "boyfriends may come and go ... but best friends are forever". You'll feel your closeness again, just give it a little time.    Wonderful, thought-provoking poem ... brought back some memories for me!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
3 posted 2000-07-06 08:55 AM

Cutie, I am going through a situation like this right know, and I know exactly how you feel.  Its so hard to deal with.  If you ever want to talk email me.  I can hope that everything gets better.  I am not one to choose your friends, but I am going to tell you that its just a phase and will fly over.  You will regret if you do get a new best friend and the one you had is in trouble and comes to you for help and your mad at her for what she had done to you, you will regret it, forever.  I hope that you will keep your head up.  Take care.

Luv always,
Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2000-07-06 10:00 AM

Well, I can say that I've been where you are now.  For me, it was just a phase my best friend and I went through, and it passed over.  So, all I can say is maybe you should wait it out.  Things will get better!  Good luck!  Nice poem
Bel

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
5 posted 2000-07-06 10:01 AM

May I suggest that you not be dependent on any one person to define your life.  Expand you friendships and involve yourself in other activities that will expose you to other people and friends.  You can count on your friend favoring boys over your companionship.  Shouldn't be a surprise to you. In time, there will be guys in your life as well and they will probably be a priority for you as well.  Human nature I suppose.
I'm not giving advice, just suggestions, so you don't rely too heavily on one person to make you fill like you have a life.  Your life is how you view your world, so don't place limitations on it.
Best of luck to you.  Hope you keep writing!
dh

A life isn't significant except for its impact on other lives.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2000-07-06 10:17 AM

Don't you have other friends to hang with if you can't be with your best friend?  Your life is not defined by the amount of time you spend with or without your best bud.  Your life is what you make out of it.  Like now, you've decided to start posting on netpoets, that doesn't mean you're a bum cause I defenitely ain't either.  It's just another way of spending your time.  I actually think that this is a better way of spending your time than just talking with buds doing really nothing worth while.  At least when you're on here, you're expanding your mind.        And I think you deserve 3 smiles for that
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-12-01 10:30 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Do I have a life?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary