navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » why me?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic why me? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
buttercup411
since 2000-07-03
Posts 41
miami, fl, u.s

0 posted 2000-07-03 09:03 PM

sorrow felt in my heart
tears anxiously waitning to drip down my       cheeks.......
          why?
     because of you right?
you would think it was you who did this
         well not...
i'm not crying because of you,
     i'm crying because i've hurt myself,
       i let myself down,
         i had made a promise
    i gave myself my own word, not to be          blinded
          fooled be love...
    and what is it i go do?
  i go and let myself get hurt...
     open my bubble and let someone in...
        and what happens?
i let the take it from me...
       once again i let someone get to me
   after all that work ..
       the pain
the struggle to make myself invisible to                                    others
     i feel like i'm out in the open
...........no where to run..............      now there's nothing to do but cry
         and ask myself
              why me?

*~&#`~*+~@*^~"+*~@$*^~~~*****
this is my first post i hope you guys like it...

thanks for reading,
love....
buttercup

© Copyright 2000 meyleen - All Rights Reserved
BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
1 posted 2000-07-03 10:10 PM

I really enjoyed this poem.  It reminds me of what I had gone through with an ex-boyfriend of mine.  You really put down on paper exactly how I felt.  I lost myself in the relationship and felt exactly like that.  You just have to keep your head up and smile and things get better.  Great poem, and keep up the good work!

TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
2 posted 2000-07-03 11:49 PM

Just wanting to let you know that for a first post, you did a great job. It's so true that sometimes we are our own worst enemy. But remember, just as only you can let yourself down, it's only you that can bring yourself back up again.

TAP2

buttercup411
since 2000-07-03
Posts 41
miami, fl, u.s
3 posted 2000-07-04 09:13 AM

thank you guys....

thanks for reading,
love....
buttercup

Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT
4 posted 2000-07-04 09:52 AM

This is beautiful, and so heartfelt.  I wouldn't bash myself for this, b/c in order to find your soulmate you're going to have to go through ppl that aren't meant for you.  And you're gonna hafta go thru pain before you find true love.  So hang in there, and please don't give up on love!  Welcome to Passions!

~<3 Alwayz~
  **Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-07-04 01:09 PM

Welcome to Passions Buttercup!

This is a wonderful first post ... so full of emotion!  Check your e-mail shortly for a special message!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2000-07-04 03:49 PM

I sometimes wish that all guys would read poems written by girls.  Maybe this would help guys understand girls more.  And if us guys don't get HIT IN THE FACE with poems like this, there must be something wrong with us.  This poem is so heartfelt it's really beautiful.  I'm sorry that you had to go thru all this.  Be strong
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
7 posted 2000-07-04 04:48 PM

welcome to passions...i hope that you enjoy it here...well this is a beautiful poem...but what can we do...were going through some of the consequences of life...move on with your life...theres no point in living in your past...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
8 posted 2000-07-04 04:57 PM

Indeed Buttercup, I wonderful first post!! I am in this exact situation. As a matter of fact, that is the reason I am crying right now, but sshhhh don't tell anyone! hehee. anywho,I'm sorry for the pain you are dealing with!! Just remember one thing,--Time in it's own essence can heal even the deepest of wounds-Including the heart! Keep your head up my friend and you'll do just fine!!Best of luck loved the format of the poem too!! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

p.s. Welcome to passions!

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
9 posted 2000-07-05 03:41 AM

Ask yourself this...was it fun while it lasted?  Ask yourself this...was my heart with him?  Ask yourself this...did I know he would do this?  Ask yourself this one last question...was I aware that there would be a chance of getting hurt?   I'm not trying to bash on your feeling about what happened, I just wanna help you into a better state of mind.  If you answered yes to all of these questions, it means nothing more than the fact that you're human and you let your heart be free.  If you deny your heart, you deny that which makes you human.  Hanging onto the edge will never get you hurt.  Falling can be so much more fun.

Jeremy< !signature-->

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

[This message has been edited by Jeremy Halstead (edited 07-05-2000).]

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
10 posted 2000-07-06 12:04 PM

welcome to this place. i hope you like it here alot. i really enjoyed this poem its very good and i hope to see more from you so do keep it up.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
11 posted 2000-07-06 05:34 AM

Welcome to passions, I very much did like your poem, the way you wrote it made it seem like you were out in the open.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
12 posted 2007-12-01 10:27 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » why me?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary