navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » We are...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic We are... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xEmperorEmber
since 2000-03-28
Posts 136
tx

0 posted 2000-12-25 06:24 PM

We are unwilling participants in a comedy.
We are a melodrama constantly unfolding.
If you dont believe me and swear that you wont conform.
You need to know that its true, otherwise the best joke is on you.
We die young, scream loud... and people laugh.

Empty
Vast
Beautiful
Young
Hatred

Teenage Melodramas are all we have....

Adore the frustration sheep.
I am one of you, but with eyes.

"The biggest ocean can not stop a man from drowning" - Paul Watley

© Copyright 2000 Jimi Hendrix - All Rights Reserved
peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

1 posted 2000-12-25 08:04 PM

Nice job here! Very provocative subject matter...well, at least for me.  I've often argued the paradox of conformism ...how does one go agianst the grain of conformational society without conforming to a routine of individualistic non-conformation? Is this not setting yourself into a mold in of itself? I'll stop now, lest I go on for hours... lol. In any event, nice job!

Vreni

p.s.
Adore the frustration sheep.
I am one of you, but with eyes

This sight is a gift, but many in it's possession consider it a curse of sorts. For life would be easier for those who "see" if they were "blind"......but once one may see, would one ever want to give it up? Okay, yah, time to shut up.. lol  :.)

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
2 posted 2000-12-25 09:22 PM

I am a lot confused by this poem...  and peanogrl - you confused me even more...  I think I will go and find a dictionary and come back and re-read it after I igure out wha all the words mean!!  Good Job though...  It ain't easy to confuse me!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2000-12-25 10:34 PM

I love this poem Paul...I really do. It's of much spiffy-ness. You always say it so well. Take advantage of your gift...don't let it decay.

Paul I like cheese too.  

In order to be good one must know evil.

~*Angel of Darkness*~

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
4 posted 2000-12-26 10:00 AM

Wow. I've got a lot to think about now...amazing job.

~Carly

WhY
ShOuLd I
Be hypnotized by someone else's lies
WhY
ShOuLd I
Take time and pride in what someone else believes...

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-12-27 12:28 PM

Great job with this, you should post some more here for us to read.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2000-12-29 03:31 PM

WOW! This was simply amazing. Simply! The whole poem is great and i loved every word of it. Wowowowowow........this is great. I am surprised you don't get on here more. We are all missing out as a community with the lack of your artistic postings.....You HAVE to come on here more. This one poem was amazing, I can't wait to read more.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-12-29 06:00 PM

I agree 100 percent with peanogrl83 and Dopes on this piece.  And peanogrl, geez...you never stop amazing me  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

xEmperorEmber
since 2000-03-28
Posts 136
tx
8 posted 2000-12-30 01:37 AM

Its hard to appreciate the things that kill you, so i dont consider any of this much of anything... but i guess thats artistic too right? To me an artist is no more than an interpreter, i see the world around me... and yeah, hell i dont know... ill write something about it...

"The biggest ocean can not stop a man from drowning" - Paul Watley

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » We are...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary