navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » In the eye of the storm
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic In the eye of the storm Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~KNIGHT44~
since 2000-11-21
Posts 6
ohio

0 posted 2000-11-22 11:59 AM

My soul is in a horrendous storm.
Winds of hatred swirl around it, trying to persuade it to follow them.
Rains of fear poor down it's face and try to cover it's eyes to make it lose it's path.
Strikes of anger scream down like lightening and try to convince it that it will never make it through.

But, in the eye of the storm, when the rains are the hardest, the winds the strongest, and the lightening the loudest, my soul looks up, thinking it is lost forever, and sees your face.

Your radiant smile transforms those winds of hatred to breazes of joy.
Your eyes, oh those beautiful eyes, they clear the clouds and dry up the rains of fear to a refreshing shower.
Your delicate touch, so soft and comforting, softens the lightening of anger to a gentle hum.

For I know the storm will never go away, but with my soul close to yours it seems so far away.

© Copyright 2000 ~KNIGHT44~ - All Rights Reserved
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
1 posted 2000-11-22 06:29 PM

Great poem, it was the title that made me want to read   Keep up the great work

~!*DQ*!~

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-11-22 07:33 PM

Welcome to Passions Knight44! Beautiful and vivid imagery in this wonderful poem ... very creative, I very much enjoyed!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-22 11:10 PM

I enjoyed the imagery in this as well, you did a great job on the poem.  The beginning of this really drew my attention in and held it, nice job!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
4 posted 2000-11-24 05:10 PM

Hey there Big Brother  
Just so you know, I am mad at you   Why did you never tell me that you could write like this??? Seriously I loooved this one...I thought it was going to be all depressing and sad, then you brought in the idea of this other person who clears the storm for you and it was very sweet. Is this written about anyone in particular? Cuz I didn't know you felt that way about anyone. Geez I guess you don't tell me anything anymore. lol jk u know I love you.
Alright well, I loved this, really I did. You are so much more talented than you give urself credit for. I'm so glad you joined the forum  
Love you lotz
~ur lil sister~
  Kris

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~Won't you come and hold my hand? This world has taken me as far as it can...
wit

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2000-11-24 07:39 PM

This is a really great piece. It must be wonderful to have someone who can calm the storm like that. You describe it well. Thanks for sharing!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2000-11-25 01:15 AM

This was great.....like everybody said the imagery kicked butt

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » In the eye of the storm

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary